Author Topic: Why don't the U.S. troops have adequate armor?  (Read 130 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why don't the U.S. troops have adequate armor?
« on: December 11, 2004, 11:59:30 AM »
U.S. troops recently complained to Donald Rumseld that their vehicles did not have adequate armor.  Rumseld responded by claiming the reason we don't have adequate armor is "a matter of physics, not a matter of money ... It's a matter of production and the capability of doing it."

Yet yesterday:

"Spokesmen for two companies making armor for vehicles said Thursday they had offered to step up the pace of production:

• Former Republican congressman Matt Salmon of Arizona, a spokesman for ArmorWorks in Tempe, Ariz., said his company will finish a $30 million contract with the Pentagon this month to make 1,500 armor kits for Humvees. "We are at 50% capacity, and we could do a lot more," he said. "They are aware of it."

• Armor Holdings of Jacksonville told the Army last month it could add armor to as many as 550 trucks a month, up from 450, said Robert Mecredy of its aerospace and defense group. "We're prepared to build 50 to 100 vehicles more per month," he said.

Lt. Col. Ellen Krenke, a Pentagon spokeswoman, said the Pentagon had no immediate response."

Is this the Bush Administration's misguided attempt at fiscal responsibility or just another display of incompetence and mismanagement?

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why don't the U.S. troops have adequate armor?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 12:19:56 PM »
i was watching 60 minutes about 3 months ago. They had a segment about how our troops dont have the proper tools.

They showed how these national guard troops were in the back of a hummer that was surrounded by wood, not armor.

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 12:34:41 PM »
it's bush' fault >:(

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 12:44:55 PM »
I blame BUSH THAT FUCK

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 04:11:25 PM »
Well its not Bushs fault. He even said that he wants to know this too.

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 05:10:08 PM »
lol sent troops out with bb guns and go karts.... stupid shit.

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 07:51:30 AM »
shit if i was bush and i looked like the dumb ass in the situation and knew it, id also be quick to reply, "yes id like to kno why its like this to"......u really think hed try n justify his stupidy? hes done that one enough. Either him or Rumsfield. thats guy is as clueless as Bush.