Author Topic: Have China always been destined to rule the world?  (Read 411 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Have China always been destined to rule the world?
« on: December 14, 2004, 05:25:21 AM »
In the 15th century China had a seafleet way in advance of the european navies, which included the under compartments which provide boyency could be individually flooded (this technoligy wasn't utilised by the west until it was used in titanic hundreds of years later), they had multiple masts and sails which and the actual boat sizes were 5 times larger than the european equivilants (over 500feet long). Had the Chineese utilised their seapower like the european colinonial powers did, i have no doubt that they would have been sucessful in annexing every country in the world under one single empire. However a quick shift in chineese fofeign politics where they decided to adopt an isolationist approach, and subsequently they recalled all their fleets and outlawed multi-mast ships, put end to them being world power for over half a millenium.

Now china are quickly getting closer that stage again where the whole world will be at their grasp, although its different world to what it was back then mostly due to the events of the second world war and the cold war, however i see china becoming the next super power in ourlifetimes on a par with no other.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Elevz

Re: Have China always been destined to rule the world?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 05:28:10 AM »
go practise your chinese, you'll need it  8)

rafsta

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 05:31:42 AM »
Chinese and all Asians for that matter are disciplined intelligent ppl as a whole... whether china will rule or become a super power is unlikely in our lifetime or our kids lifetime... communism is the main thing holding them back...

about a yr ago china did launch a rocket into space, so they are tryin to get recognition again as not just bein a third world country... personally i wouldve spent the 5mil or so on bringin the country back onto its feet....

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 05:50:50 AM »
the world food program are finishing up all their opporations, and they shall be looking to china to be a contributor from now on, i think the other international institutions will be doing similar things to make them share an international burden to match their politcal clout on the world stage. Their sustained rapid economic growth will ensure them more than able to deal with this and turn their economy into the largest in the world.

ps. china are currently planning a trip to the moan last i heard.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 05:54:32 AM »
about a yr ago china did launch a rocket into space, so they are tryin to get recognition again as not just bein a third world country... personally i wouldve spent the 5mil or so on bringin the country back onto its feet....

That's so true... They should get their own internal problems such as human rights solved first. I think that's the reason why China isn't ready to "rule the world" yet. I don't know about the future though, and when you look at the past, it's been done before by people who shit on human rights   :(

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 06:00:19 AM »
China is huge... thats why Bush had to make a big apology to them not long ago.  they are now the only power any where near that of the Americans.

and yeah.. they're going to the Moon soon. if they do it, and start working on Mars. The US will want to get there first.. so expect Nasa to start getting Mars funding soon.. this has already been kinda promised hasnt it?

at least they seem to be better relating to people of late than in the past.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 06:16:19 AM »
No. 

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 10:33:47 AM »
No. 
car to elaborate? comments like that are worth fuck all

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 01:22:12 PM »
The west is falling, eventually the Chinese will overtake us...it'l take another 2 generations or so tho.  read Samuel Huntington's Clash of Civilizations and the remaking of world order its a good read, had to for our poli sci class
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

tommyilromano

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 03:39:12 PM »
In the 15th century China had a seafleet way in advance of the european navies, which included the under compartments which provide boyency could be individually flooded (this technoligy wasn't utilised by the west until it was used in titanic hundreds of years later), they had multiple masts and sails which and the actual boat sizes were 5 times larger than the european equivilants (over 500feet long). Had the Chineese utilised their seapower like the european colinonial powers did, i have no doubt that they would have been sucessful in annexing every country in the world under one single empire. However a quick shift in chineese fofeign politics where they decided to adopt an isolationist approach, and subsequently they recalled all their fleets and outlawed multi-mast ships, put end to them being world power for over half a millenium.

Now china are quickly getting closer that stage again where the whole world will be at their grasp, although its different world to what it was back then mostly due to the events of the second world war and the cold war, however i see china becoming the next super power in ourlifetimes on a par with no other.

Will China become the world's next superpower? It's not very likely.

As Harry Harding of George Washington University maintains, "China is a big and important country, but not one that will be in the top tier of superpower status any time soon." Traditionally, a superpower not only must have its economic size and diplomatic influence, but also an ability to project large military force against opposition anywhere in the world and a strong desire to lead. Moreover, a real superpower must also have "soft power" -- ideas and values that other peoples can and will absorb.

With the world's largest population and an economy growing at 9 to 10 percent per year, China clearly will have a measure of economic power. However, China's ability to project military force is probably at least 20 years behind where the U.S. is today. Moreover, as its old revolutionary ambitions have evaporated, China now is in a real "belief crisis." China has neither a popular culture nor "soft power," which are necessary for a superpower.

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/news/stories/20031202/opinion/749558.html

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 04:10:44 PM »
Moreover, a real superpower must also have "soft power" -- ideas and values that other peoples can and will absorb.

Oh, you mean like the U.S., and how the Middle East is absorbing our ideas and values.... LOL...

tommyilromano

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 04:22:04 PM »
More then you think I live in Turkey and it is funny how the people try and dress and act like Americans now I realize the further down south from Turkey that this isnt the case, for now, it isnt. From McDonalds, Coca-Cola to MTV, American cinema, American clothing, and electronics to name some. American culture is more powerful than you think. You gotta see some of these stupid bitches in the turkish clubs tryin to look like bitches they see on MTV. American culture is very powerful.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 04:39:40 PM »
More then you think I live in Turkey and it is funny how the people try and dress and act like Americans now I realize the further down south from Turkey that this isnt the case, for now, it isnt. From McDonalds, Coca-Cola to MTV, American cinema, American clothing, and electronics to name some. American culture is more powerful than you think. You gotta see some of these stupid bitches in the turkish clubs tryin to look like bitches they see on MTV. American culture is very powerful.

Yeah, I know about Turkey, but I'm more specifically referring to some of the Arab countries plus Iran. Plus, pop-culture and food aren't "values".

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 06:27:31 PM »
No. 
car to elaborate? comments like that are worth fuck all

You asked a question, I answered it.  You asked me if I believed China was destined to rule the world since the beginning of time, I said no.  I don't believe that. 

tommyilromano

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 11:21:16 PM »
Yeah, I know about Turkey, but I'm more specifically referring to some of the Arab countries plus Iran.

Yeah Arabs are a tough bunch to assimilate.. personally I admire that about them. Most of the world has absorbed many parts of American culture but not the Arabs.

Plus, pop-culture and food aren't "values".

no but they are ideas.