Author Topic: Record Sales...Dec 14/04...  (Read 515 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Record Sales...Dec 14/04...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 03:58:42 AM »
aide note: I went to a house party about a week ago. 18-25 year old white kids  bumpin Encore, Reciting word for word and shit. I was just standin there laughin tryin to get drunk as fast as possible. Then it hit me, this is the fanbase that are buyin this shit and what the music industys main target is. Finally opened my eyes to the big picture and its pretty damn sad...Fuckin Sheep
many of the younger kids just listen to Eminem because that's what they call "hot".

true...dude could probably read the back of cereal boxes and put it on wax and mutha fuckas would be knockin each other downr to cop it. What I wanna see is Em/Dre/50 in the studio when he dropped gems like "That ass makes my pee pee go da da da doing" or some shit like that. I mean wtf was Dre thinkin when he gave the go ahead on shit like that? its crazy.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2004, 05:18:12 AM »
i think the Nas album is one of the better releases of this year...dont understand why people arent feeling it...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Elevz

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2004, 06:02:31 AM »
Nas went a sensitive, grown up way. People don't really expect him to go out there and mix blues, jazz and hiphop and "suddenly" act all mature. Just look at Eminem's immaturity and the connection to his sales.

When I first heard Bridging the gap, that shit had to grow on me, but after only three listens I already loved it, and I was prepared to enjoy the whole album. I think somehow Nas is on some next shit with this album. It's just something that most people don't like yet, and they possibly never will. They hadn't expected Nas to come off this way anyway - they're used to Nas just coming out with some computer programmed beats, while this album is pretty much done with real instruments. It's some next level shit.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 06:10:55 AM by Elevz the hairy bal-hed »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 11:41:21 AM »

T.I.'s is the best on that list and its mediocre at best imo and its 2nd to last. Ludas was pretty weak and was a disappointment cuz he got the talent.  Its sad that those cds as horrible as they are could push that many units so far. If you add in the fact that R&G and Encore were leaked and pirated like a  mutha and still put up those numbers..is mazing...and sad. Sales stats no longer mean shit to me.

side note: I went to a house party about a week ago. 18-25 year old white kids  bumpin Encore, Reciting word for word and shit. I was just standin there laughin tryin to get drunk as fast as possible. Then it hit me, this is the fanbase that are buyin this shit and what the music industys main target is. Finally opened my eyes to the big picture and its pretty damn sad...Fuckin Sheep

Now wait a minute. You think Encore sucks, I think Encore sucks, but that doesn't mean it does suck. It just means we think it does. Those kids at the party obviously don't think it sucks. You can force yourself to pretend to like something, but if you know it word for word, that isn't forced, it's genuine appreciation. The run of the mill music fan is was and always will be the marketed ausience because that's where the money is. How many hard core music fans from from 1982 between the age of 18-35 liked Thriller by Michael Jackson? About as many as liked Disco. Thriller appealed to the everyday person, not the hardcore fan, and that's why it sold. This isn't the late 60s and early 70s where a large portion of hard core fans were present, but even then it was the everyday fan that bought the big albums. Why else would the Eagles Greatest Hits go 28x platinum? Most of the people that buy albums that go past 3 platinum buy it for catchy tunes and don't care for much else. This is who the record companies want to attract. It's business, and you have to go where the money is. You would do the same thing as a record exec, if not, then you'd quickly be out of a job.

It's like why there are all these TV shows with white only casts. The percentage of Blacks in the US is under 15%, the same goes for Latinos. The rest of the races make up less than 5 percent. That means America is about 70% white, and a lot of those whites have little or no contact with other races. So marketting to them is the best business move that can be done. It would take every black person in America to watch the same show to beat beat out CSI every week, and every black person will never watch the same show because not all blacks are the same or will watch the same shows, just like whites won't all watch the same show. If they did, it'd be the highest rated show of all time.

And Elevz; Are you sure Nas's Cd is all real instruments? I know that Bridging the Gap is and I loved that song, but the rest of the album does not sound like that. I wish it was a complete blues/rap album, but unfortunately for me, it wasn't. Regardless, the other songs do not sound like the single.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 11:45:35 AM »
you know they call me T.I..but you dont know me!

good numbers for Luda ...and killa cam doing alright

propzzzzz

im waiting for Slim Thuga to hit the stores..and go and cop that Xzibit!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 06:10:37 PM »
So Nas has sold 319841 copies in two weeks, that gets him a gold plaque.  Not too bad at all as far as I'm concerned.

Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Smooth

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2004, 06:26:57 PM »
Good to see Snoop still sellin pretty strong, and im sure Let's get blown will help push that up a bit too..
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 09:29:18 PM »
So Nas has sold 319841 copies in two weeks, that gets him a gold plaque.  Not too bad at all as far as I'm concerned.

I thought gold was 500,000 copies. Is it 300,000?

Elevz

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2004, 06:15:48 AM »
And Elevz; Are you sure Nas's Cd is all real instruments? I know that Bridging the Gap is and I loved that song, but the rest of the album does not sound like that. I wish it was a complete blues/rap album, but unfortunately for me, it wasn't. Regardless, the other songs do not sound like the single.

Check the credits I posted on The Vault:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=62366.0

About half of the songs on the album were done using real instruments and if you ask me, those are the best ones.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 06:24:30 AM by Elevz the hairy bal-hed »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2004, 08:02:06 AM »

Check the credits I posted on The Vault:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=62366.0

About half of the songs on the album were done using real instruments and if you ask me, those are the best ones.

Well looks like he did use real instruments. I still would've rather had more blues, and less hip hop beats. At least that way it would sound different. Most of the current instrumentals sound like Eric B produced them.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2004, 09:46:26 AM »
streets disciple sucked...once word of mouth got around the album fell off in sales big time. anyway, everyone knows nas always sells the most his first week. he has a dedicated fan base.

encore will sell regardless...its eminem...same thing, different release
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2004, 01:01:52 PM »

Double the 300000 plus copies because it's a double CD and his album is over 500000.

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2004, 02:32:34 PM »

Double the 300000 plus copies because it's a double CD and his album is over 500000.

They do double it. Last week when Nas sold 250,000 or whatever, it was realy 125,000. RIAA doubles it first then releases it.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2004, 02:37:19 PM »
They do double it. Last week when Nas sold 250,000 or whatever, it was realy 125,000. RIAA doubles it first then releases it.

No
Those are Soundscan numbers, the number of actual copies sold.  When RIAA certifies an album they double those soundscan numbers for double CDs.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2004, 06:47:22 PM »

No
Those are Soundscan numbers, the number of actual copies sold.  When RIAA certifies an album they double those soundscan numbers for double CDs.

I don't think that's the case. Sorry I meant soundscan and not RIAA, since RIAA doesn't do the counting. My bad. I think when it's scanned it knows it's a double or some shit like that. I remember when Jay Z BP2 came out and every week it would show a big number and that number didn't double when it went to the billboard, and was certified at the number appeared on Billboard. Otherwise Blue Print 2 would be 6 platinum and we know that isn't the case.