Author Topic: Record Sales...Dec 14/04...  (Read 514 times)

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
Re: Record Sales...Dec 14/04...
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2004, 06:56:19 PM »
lol dam man i remeber artits were sellin millions of copies now its liek fractions of that man snoops first ablum sold 4 million

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2004, 07:42:38 AM »
aide note: I went to a house party about a week ago. 18-25 year old white kids  bumpin Encore, Reciting word for word and shit. I was just standin there laughin tryin to get drunk as fast as possible. Then it hit me, this is the fanbase that are buyin this shit and what the music industys main target is. Finally opened my eyes to the big picture and its pretty damn sad...Fuckin Sheep
Well, I'm white and I'm of that age you just mentioned, but sure as hell I will never ever learn the words to Encore. I didn't even manage to fully listen to it once, as it's crap as hell.

Anyway, that's probably the main reason why Eminem and Luda can push way more units than the others in that list. Their fanbase doesn't just stick to true hiphop lovers: kids of all ages listen to Eminem, no matter what other music they listen to. And besides that, many of the younger kids just listen to Eminem because that's what they call "hot". If they would have been listening to true hiphop, half of the other kids would say their taste in music sucked. Therefore, maybe Eminem shouldn't even be listed here, since it's more popmusic than hiphop. Possibly the #3 in the list is more hood than him.

That's bullshit man.  Anyone that pushes at least a million can be considered pop music.

Elevz

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2004, 07:51:19 AM »
aide note: I went to a house party about a week ago. 18-25 year old white kids  bumpin Encore, Reciting word for word and shit. I was just standin there laughin tryin to get drunk as fast as possible. Then it hit me, this is the fanbase that are buyin this shit and what the music industys main target is. Finally opened my eyes to the big picture and its pretty damn sad...Fuckin Sheep
Well, I'm white and I'm of that age you just mentioned, but sure as hell I will never ever learn the words to Encore. I didn't even manage to fully listen to it once, as it's crap as hell.

Anyway, that's probably the main reason why Eminem and Luda can push way more units than the others in that list. Their fanbase doesn't just stick to true hiphop lovers: kids of all ages listen to Eminem, no matter what other music they listen to. And besides that, many of the younger kids just listen to Eminem because that's what they call "hot". If they would have been listening to true hiphop, half of the other kids would say their taste in music sucked. Therefore, maybe Eminem shouldn't even be listed here, since it's more popmusic than hiphop. Possibly the #3 in the list is more hood than him.

That's bullshit man.  Anyone that pushes at least a million can be considered pop music.

How many copys did "Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu Tang: 36 chambers" sell? A whole fucking lot, and it wouldn't even come to my mind calling that pop music.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2004, 08:01:20 AM »

^that makes no sense, and about what the other guy was saying, i think the music you listen to has a lot of peer influence, like someone might like beatles, but be embarassed of what other think, so he listened to rap, or the "COOL THING", cause basically right now, as a teen, the cool thing is either to listen to punk or rap, you gotta choose a side...

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2004, 11:00:03 AM »
streets disciple sucked...once word of mouth got around the album fell off in sales big time.

I don't think so.  The album is getting good reviews and overall it has been received positively.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 01:34:58 PM by Ras Kass' Toothpick »
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2004, 11:59:57 AM »

How many copys did "Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu Tang: 36 chambers" sell? A whole fucking lot, and it wouldn't even come to my mind calling that pop music.

Pop=popular music.  You're a pop artist if you're sellign big.  You don't have to be making pop music.  bUt, you're a op artist once you move a giant amoutn of units.  I definitly think it's BS to call "Encore" pop music too.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2004, 12:06:21 PM »
streets disciple sucked...once word of mouth got around the album fell off in sales big time.

I don't think so.  The album is getting good review and overall it has been received positively.
wow, people you know liked that shit? as a fan of nas for many years, this is his 3rd worst album after gods son and nastradamus. id take a bonus track(thiefs theme) over any of the other tracks on the album.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2004, 01:25:52 PM »
wow you didnt' like gods son either, i thought that was a really good album, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Westside Soldier

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2004, 06:23:15 PM »
what are ja and fabolouses sales this week? 8) 8) 8)