Author Topic: time travel  (Read 1203 times)

rafsta

time travel
« on: December 14, 2004, 05:04:38 PM »
what you all think about time travel ? do you think its possible ? if so how do you think the theory could possibly work ?

rafsta

Re: time travel
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 05:06:40 PM »
if you dont think its possible explain ureself...

Acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 05:07:53 PM »
no I don't think it is possible.    I've thought a lot about this and my theory would be way too long to type, so I'm not gonna type it.  actually the way my theory worked is that traveling into the future may be possible, but not traveling into the past.  therefor if you did travel to the future, there would be no way to travel back to the present (past).

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 05:11:16 PM »
one time i got high and figured out how to travel back in time, then i passed out, and forgot forever...

rafsta

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 05:13:34 PM »
^^^ i thought about that too, goin to future is possible but past sounds not really possible.... but then again theyres always another side to an equation..

i think mebe we had same style theore, travellin through space so fast that is seems like not much time is passin, when earth time is bootin past, but when you come back the same amount of time âssed, earth time is only timed by rotations around the sun, we all age the same no matter the circumstace... but then i thought the only possible way is a worm hole, meanin that travelin into the past is possible like wise...

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 05:14:45 PM »
If it's possible, I'd go back 30 seconds and try and reclaim the time it took me to read this post.

j/k

I don't think it's possible.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 05:14:52 PM »
I havent studied theories on how time travel "could" happen, so i couldnt say if it could actually one day be possible.

As for my thoughts on it, i think its a bad idea. Time travel would just fuck everything up because everyone would change the past to their likings. That would fuck everyone over.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 05:16:56 PM »
anyone ever see donnie darko, good movie..

rafsta

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 05:18:23 PM »
I havent studied theories on how time travel "could" happen, so i couldnt say if it could actually one day be possible.

As for my thoughts on it, i think its a bad idea. Time travel would just fuck everything up because everyone would change the past to their likings. That would fuck everyone over.

i havent studied shit, this is just theories you come up with when you fucked up wasted... just drop anything you think could contribute to anything...

mauzip

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 05:23:45 PM »
A few years back I was watching a show about travelling to Mars. This man explained that time is relative. Don't ask me for the details, but it sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Anyway, he also said that if your speed is fast enough you can travel 6000 years into time or something. Another thing he said was that he expected that we can travel into time in about 200 years.

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 05:24:55 PM »
As long as I dont get stuck at 1784 in the middle of a plantation, I'm cool  :)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 06:26:11 PM »
Time travel IS possible, Albert Einstein proved this. 

rafsta

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 06:30:36 PM »

hmm he has a theory on black holes and space 'bridges' but its far from proven, he just believes it possible.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 06:48:21 PM »

right..

Acgrundy

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 07:37:33 PM »
Here some on my theory.  I will use Gunther as my example.

so tommorrow Gunther figures out a way to travel back into time.  and he travels back 20 years into the past.  first off he would never be able to get back to his present time, because time travel will have never been created yet.  so if Gunther did create time travel and went into the past, he would never know that he created time travel, because it wouldn't exist yet.  And would his past self be there with him?  is it possible to have 2 of the identical person, but of different ages?  If you took a TV with you while you traveled 1000 years in the past, what would happen to the TV, because it had not been invented yet.

If Gunther travels too far into the future, would he automatically die because he is too old?  Would he also be in the present, if he traveled to the future? 

what if he did discover time travel, and did travel to the future.  so he travels 5 years into the future.  and he sees his friends 5 years older, and everything around him is 5 years older.  Like I said with the part of traveling into the past, would there be an identical him, just younger?  but the twist with the future is, there could be no identical him in the future, because he had already created time travel and traveled into the future, while in the present. (if you understand what I mean)  its pretty hard to explain, but that is why I believe you may be able to travel into the future, but not the past.

If you created time travel and just decided to travel 10 minutes into the past, would you forever spend the rest of your life in a vicious cycle of traveling back 10 minutes in time?  You create it, try it by going back 10 minutes to see if it works, go back 10 minutes before you tried it, so you don't know you tried it, so then you try it and go back 10 minutes, and so on.

its a trippy thing to think about.  It sure can boggle your mind when you are high.