Author Topic: time travel  (Read 1172 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: time travel
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2004, 03:49:59 PM »
and you my friend need a reality check.

rafsta

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2004, 03:53:02 AM »
:psych: :sign_banhim: :psych:

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2004, 06:30:39 AM »
A very interesting thread, I have so much to say on some of the points that were made to that I don't know where start, Im gonna probably post later cause I wanna read into some of the stuff on that site this guy linked us with.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 07:06:50 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Trauma-san

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2004, 06:53:23 AM »
yea, but the appearance of time travel isn't really time travel. I think the original post was asking about going back in time, say to September 10, 2001, or actually going to the year 2100 and seeing hover-cars. The point trama brought up is kinda like seeing stars - a lot of them are actually not even there, except the light which they project takes millions of years to get to the earth, so we don't know whether they're actually there or not, but we see them anyway, their light at least.

^ You don't catch the second part of it.  It IS Time Travel, because Time is relative to the observer.  Time is related to the speed of light, so if you surpass the speed of light, you pass through time, to everyone but yourself.  It doesn't just appear that you have, you HAVE to everyone except yourself. 

mauzip

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2004, 06:58:12 AM »

lmao, Dosia was completely on point with his post and immediately you feel offended

rafsta

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2004, 07:15:49 AM »
yea, but the appearance of time travel isn't really time travel. I think the original post was asking about going back in time, say to September 10, 2001, or actually going to the year 2100 and seeing hover-cars. The point trama brought up is kinda like seeing stars - a lot of them are actually not even there, except the light which they project takes millions of years to get to the earth, so we don't know whether they're actually there or not, but we see them anyway, their light at least.

^ You don't catch the second part of it.  It IS Time Travel, because Time is relative to the observer.  Time is related to the speed of light, so if you surpass the speed of light, you pass through time, to everyone but yourself.  It doesn't just appear that you have, you HAVE to everyone except yourself. 

yeh i found it amusing he agreed with you, but disagreed with you at the same time.... ppl need to learn to read.

rafsta

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2004, 07:17:21 AM »
A very interesting thread, I have so much to say on some of the points that were made to that I don't know where start, Im gonna probably post later cause I wanna read into some of the stuff on that site this guy linked us with.
that web site is hell good, i enjoyed reading it, it doesnt have some far out theories, but actual scientific explanations why it could work.

rafsta

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2004, 07:18:40 AM »

lmao, Dosia was completely on point with his post and immediately you feel offended

:psych: :sign_banhim: :psych:  ;D