Author Topic: IMMORALITY: Lying/Manipulating, Stealing, Killing, Intoxication  (Read 227 times)

RAP QUAKE

• Lil Geezy
  • Gangsta
IMMORALITY: Lying/Manipulating, Stealing, Killing, Intoxication
« on: December 16, 2004, 06:22:49 PM »
Do you guys believe we can compare sins and put a certain weight on em, morally speaking? Like for example...you would claim that lying is worse than intoxication since u are just "deceiving" urself and ur reality with getting high whereas ur deceiving someone else with the reality, and committing crimes on others is usually viewed as worse as self-infliction, since it was ur choice whereas the otheres have no influence on teh decision. So what do u guys think the relative immorality with these acts is.. if u think the particular one is a crime at all, even. I know its pretty obvious what most ppl are gonna chose in order, but I just wanna get some stimulating discussion started knaamean. Peace  8)

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re: IMMORALITY: Lying/Manipulating, Stealing, Killing, Intoxication
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 06:38:33 PM »
That's actually a nice question.  For instance, many people believe that murder is worse than lying.  But what if a lie you told causes a murder?  Etc.  I beleive in Karma, as many already know, so I do think that on some level my sins are put on the scale against my good deeds, and that certain sins are 'heavier' so to speak, than others.  For instance many religions believe idol worship or acknowledging other 'gods' is the biggest sin one can ever commit etc.  I can't really judge all of them myself, as I don't think I have the comprehension, I guess thats up to God.  I might post more on this later.

-b[X]
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 09:15:52 PM »
Christ said all sins are equal in the eyes of God.. I think it was around the time he was saving the adulterer. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 11:09:12 PM »
Nice question.  I think a lot of those things you mentioned, people do to try to prove to themselves that they aren't scared.  There is no balance and direction in their life.  It is natural to not want to be scared, but they are taking that energy in the wrong direction.  When you fear God (Allah), and it is only God that you fear, then you have balance.

As for answering your question, in Islam we don't have any teachings that says that all sins are equal.  Infact, it is mentioned in particular, that ascribing partners to God, is the worst sin imaginable, and that it can be unforgivable. 

It seems logical to me that someone who commits rape is doing more harm than someone who lusts after a picture in a magazine.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 11:14:59 PM »
Eventhough the Bible says all sins are equal and I follow its teachings, I find it hard to understand that concept of all sins being the same. It just seems illogical. Like what was said above, rape is much more harmful than lust.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 12:23:09 AM »
A question, I always thought that the 7 deadly sins are consider to be worse than any other sins(and weigh heavier), is this true or are generally all sins equal according to the Bible?  Thanks a lot.

-b[X]
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 01:00:40 AM »
i said i don't believe in god so i don't believe in sins. there are morals however. i'm not going to kill the guy who lives nextdoor but if i did, it wouldn't affect the grand scheam of things. we'll all be dead in 100 years. so i see nothing wrong with getting drunk and smoking weed and fucking.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 01:08:32 AM by East Coast G »

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 06:53:28 AM »
I think it's generally believed that while Christ did say all sins are equal in the eyes of God, that he was referring to the hypocricy of people condemning others, and that it was up to God to decide.  He also says at one point that anyone who harmed one hair on the head of a Child, it would be better that he were chained and tossed into the sea then to meet the wrath of God or something like that.  So he clearly felt that was the strongest sin imaginable. 

rafsta

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 12:03:38 PM »
i think there is nothing wrong with getting wasted, as long as you dont abuse the intoxication, or get into addiction.

i think lying is one of the biggest sins, obviouslyy in our society its things like murder etc that are worst, lying is up there, maybe more humane then murder, but definetly up there.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 01:04:44 PM »
Some of those sinful things don't really seem to be sins to me. I mean, glutton or sloth is hardly a terrible thing in my opinion. Murder,rape and adultery are the only really bad things. Lying isn't very severe in my eyes and neither is deceat or vanity. There are things far worse that might be done to you.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

rafsta

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 01:27:37 PM »
Some of those sinful things don't really seem to be sins to me. I mean, glutton or sloth is hardly a terrible thing in my opinion. Murder,rape and adultery are the only really bad things. Lying isn't very severe in my eyes and neither is deceat or vanity. There are things far worse that might be done to you.

worse things can be done, but its no reason to dismiss deceit, deceit it evil, the devil uses deceit...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 01:30:09 PM by rafsta »

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 02:12:34 PM »
deceiving and lying to people is purely natural. Just check how many times a day you tell small lies or twist the truth to your advantage. On average, a person does that at least 10 times a day..does that make all of us unforgivable sinners? Don't think so.

rafsta

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 02:51:41 PM »
deceiving and lying to people is purely natural. Just check how many times a day you tell small lies or twist the truth to your advantage. On average, a person does that at least 10 times a day..does that make all of us unforgivable sinners? Don't think so.

i dont lie, i avoid white lies when possible, sometimes lying is necessary but only when the truth only causes harm, usually i prefer to harm the person and let them be offended with me rather than agreeing on what is being said.... its the reason i only have best friends, i dont have in the middle peeps, they either love me or hate me, but i deal with it coz i know im doin the right thing, if someone cant handle the truth its not my problem...

i dont twist the truth to my advantage coz i know im not fooling anyone, anyone who thinks ppl are stupid enough to believe their lies are stupid themself....

i choose not to lie because i dont want to burden myself, noone has a good enough memory to make a succesful liar.

if you find ureself lying 10x per day you should reassess ure approach to communication with ppl...

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 04:00:05 PM »
^ Mr. Heavenly Virtue

You're only fooling yourself.

rafsta

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 04:27:51 PM »
im not sayin ive never lied, but ive been bitten lying before, its not something i do naturally, i try to be honest, i feel as though i grew out of lies.

adding a bit of spice to stories to make em more entertaining or wateva, yeh i'll do that, but i wont add lies to a story...