Author Topic: Malibu dre  (Read 1172 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Malibu dre
« on: December 16, 2004, 06:39:25 PM »
i heard a track called malibu dre back in the day that was supposed to be on his dr dre 2001 album n it was cut. i cant find it anywhere. does anyone know where to get this track??

Murrow

Re: Malibu dre
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 06:59:23 PM »
It hasn't leaked.  Tim & Bob produced it.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 07:14:00 PM »
It hasn't leaked.  Tim & Bob produced it.

what the fuck is that supposed to mean---tim n bob. i heard the damn song a few months before his album dropped so it has obviously leaked. mr uninformed

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 10:21:17 PM »
I remember back in late 1998/early 1999 all the message boards were buzzing with projected tracklistings for Dre's new albums.  There was one site in particular, I can't remember the name, (maybe it was Dreday), but they had the hook-up on all the news, rumors and audio surrounding the album.  They had a link for a track called "Malibu Dre" prod. by Tim and Bob, but the link was always broken.  They had audio for "Forgot About Dre" almost a year before the album dropped, and they had a version of "What's The Difference" that had Hittman on it instead of Xzibit.  The other exclusive audio they had was "Kim" that eventually ended up on the Marshall Mathers LP a year later.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 10:24:05 PM »
Malibu Dre is a fuckin dope track name

youngmessnucca

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 12:14:36 AM »
for some reason, that title reminds me of the WCWC album cover

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 12:38:54 AM »
I remember back in late 1998/early 1999 all the message boards were buzzing with projected tracklistings for Dre's new albums.  There was one site in particular, I can't remember the name, (maybe it was Dreday), but they had the hook-up on all the news, rumors and audio surrounding the album.  They had a link for a track called "Malibu Dre" prod. by Tim and Bob, but the link was always broken.  They had audio for "Forgot About Dre" almost a year before the album dropped, and they had a version of "What's The Difference" that had Hittman on it instead of Xzibit.  The other exclusive audio they had was "Kim" that eventually ended up on the Marshall Mathers LP a year later.   

i got all those ... but i never ever heard malibu dre..

also have a RBX song

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 07:06:05 AM »
Personally, I think Malibu Dre was a made up title.  Remember when "soopafly" over at DPGC2K kept making shit up?  Like the track supposedly produced by Daz and Dre called "Dogs" or some shit, I can't even remember.  It was obvious just people throwing titles around and thinking up "what if?" scenarios since most of it never came true.  Remember he said Mel Man was going to make a remix album for the Chronic 2000 album called "Up in Smoke"... just nothing but bullshit and lies that never came true.  There was about 100 other things that never happened either, just children without the real news reporting whatever they want, to get the "EXXXCLUSIVEE!!!!"  LOL

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 10:14:25 AM »
Personally, I think Malibu Dre was a made up title.  Remember when "soopafly" over at DPGC2K kept making shit up?  Like the track supposedly produced by Daz and Dre called "Dogs" or some shit, I can't even remember.  It was obvious just people throwing titles around and thinking up "what if?" scenarios since most of it never came true.  Remember he said Mel Man was going to make a remix album for the Chronic 2000 album called "Up in Smoke"... just nothing but bullshit and lies that never came true.  There was about 100 other things that never happened either, just children without the real news reporting whatever they want, to get the "EXXXCLUSIVEE!!!!"  LOL

Yeah.. but it was pretty amusing back in the day, it shows you how popular Dre really was, because we (at Dreday, SnoopsDogghouse) spent a couple of years just speculating about what the album might be like.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 12:00:19 PM »
I am really interested about this song. My friend used my s/n to post this thread BTW. He swears he heard it. He said it kinda sounded like Still DRE. Had the same kinda staccato notes. My neighbor down the street actually got it, probably from that DreDay site you were talking about. Then his computer crashed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 12:02:03 PM by PayPuh »

israelihiphop

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 12:11:39 PM »
wasn't there a track "4 My Doggz" supposedly with Snoop and DMX? I think it was in the fat tape section of the Source in early 99...

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004, 06:10:29 PM »
Yeah I remember that "Malibu Dre" song title, it was floating around like 6 months to a year before the album dropped. There were a bunch of those titles around, like that "Doggz 4 Life" track with Snoop, RBX, Daz and them. But I agree with Trauma, I think most of them were just made up. Remember the cd Narrator bought with all those exclusives. He never got it even though maxi-khan promised that he would send it...lol...good ole days

My neighbor down the street actually got it, probably from that DreDay site you were talking about. Then his computer crashed.

LOL!

www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2004, 06:32:52 PM »
I thought that Malibu Dre was a doll that came with Malibu Stacey.....

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2004, 06:44:13 PM »
LOL, look what uncle jay found..something for the OG's

2001 Leftovers (according to Maxi-Khan):

•   Dr. Dre - Break Em Off feat. Punchline, Hittman, Diesel
•   Dr. Dre - Hard Hittin feat. Hittman
•   Dr. Dre - Hey You
•   Dr. Dre - Ice Age
•   Dr. Dre - It Ain't Over feat. Last Emperor, King T. & RBX
•   Dr. Dre - Malibu Dre
•   Dr. Dre - Muthafucka Im Dre
•   Dr. Dre - Off Da Chain feat. Devin The Dude
•   Dr. Dre - Playa Haterz (Interlude, Death Row Diss) feat. Snoop, Xzibit
•   Dr. Dre - Still D R E (Xzibit version) feat. Xzibit
•   Dr. Dre - U didn't Know feat. Punchline and Diesel
•   Dr. Dre - Writings On the Wall feat. Last Emperor
•   Dr. Dre – X-Files feat. RBX & Xzibit
•   Mel-Man - Let Em Know feat. Eve
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2004, 06:54:48 PM »
LOL, look what uncle jay found..something for the OG's

2001 Leftovers (according to Maxi-Khan):

•   Dr. Dre - Break Em Off feat. Punchline, Hittman, Diesel
•   Dr. Dre - Hard Hittin feat. Hittman
•   Dr. Dre - Hey You
•   Dr. Dre - Ice Age
•   Dr. Dre - It Ain't Over feat. Last Emperor, King T. & RBX