Author Topic: He never learns...  (Read 636 times)

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
Re: He never learns...
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 12:23:44 AM »
 ::)well let's see,

for Thriller Michael wrote and produced:
- Wanna be startin' somethin'
- The girl is mine
- Beat it
- Billie Jean

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 03:40:12 AM »
MJ's verses on Tabloid Junkie are pretty much rap.. Keak Da Sneak style

I think he could be a really dope rapper

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 08:12:38 AM »
^cosign, he will have this smooth crazy flow

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 09:46:54 PM »
fuck michael jackson, he needs to be locked up

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 06:17:51 AM »
That song called "Money" he raps in, too, in a real soft voice.

Money
Money
Lie for it
Spy for it
Kill for it
Die for it

So you call it trust
But I say it's just
In the devil's game
Of greed and lust

They don't care
They'd do me for the money
They don't care
They use me for the money

So you go to church
Read the holy word
In the scheme of life
It's all absurd

They don't care
They'd kill for the money
Do or dare
The thrill for the money

You're saluting the flag
Your country trusts you
Now you're wearing a badge
You're called the "Just Few"
And you're fighting the wars
A soldier must do
I'll never betray or deceive you my friend but...

If you show me the cash
Then I will take it
If you tell me to cry
Then I will fake it
If you give me a hand
Then I will shake it

You do anything for money...

Anything (singing now)
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Even sell my soul to the devil

Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you

Insurance?
Where do your loyalties lie?
Is that your alibi?
I don't think so
You don't care
You'd do her for the money
Say it's fair
You sue her for the money
Want your pot of gold
Need the Midas touch
Bet you sell your soul
Cuz your God is such
You don't care
You kill for the money
Do or dare
The thrill for the money

Are you infected with the same disease of lust, gluttoney and greed?
Then watch the ones
With the biggest smiles
The idle jabbers...
Cuz they're the backstabbers

If you know it's a lie
Then you will swear it
If you give it with guilt
Then you will bear it
If it's taking a chance
Then you will dare it

You do anything for money...

Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you

Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you

Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you

Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you

You say you wouldn't do it
For all the money in the world
I don't think so
If you show me the man
Then I will sell him
If you ask me to lie
Then I will tell him
If you're stealing with God
Then you will hell him

You do anything for money

Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
(Repeat 8 times)

Elevz

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2004, 08:47:12 AM »
Well, 'we' haven't heard Britney rapping, lol... I wouldn't even attempt to listen to anything like that.  A lot of Michael's music is similar to rap, just a little slower.  I think he could do it, the guys more talented then probably any musician alive. 

Am I the only one who heard Britney "bust" a freestyle with Busta Rhymes on MTV like... almost a year ago? The wackiest freestyle ever heard lol, her flow is bollox but it was a good laugh  ;D

And about Michael... I wonder where's it going wrong with his career at the moment because it's true that he's probably the most talented out there. He needs to stay somehow keep track of the evolutions in music and do his own thing, 2004/2005 style. I could just see him doing a song with Jadakiss, and it wouldn't be bad.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2004, 03:35:19 PM »
I think he could do it, the guys more talented then probably any musician alive. 

Quincy Jones wrote thriller, and everything Michael has put out other then that has been average

It wasn't Quincy it was Rod Temperton. Temperton also wrote 'Rock With You', 'Baby Be Mine', 'The Lady In My Life' and 'Off The Wall' for MJ albums. By write I mean he wrote the lyrics and composed the music. Quicy produced them with help from Jackson and they basically chose the instruments and the tone (stuff like that). The core of these songs were done by Temperton.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2004, 02:04:46 PM »
I think he could be a really dope rapper
funny

Funny

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2004, 10:28:13 PM »
Well, 'we' haven't heard Britney rapping, lol... I wouldn't even attempt to listen to anything like that.  A lot of Michael's music is similar to rap, just a little slower.  I think he could do it, the guys more talented then probably any musician alive. 

Am I the only one who heard Britney "bust" a freestyle with Busta Rhymes on MTV like... almost a year ago? The wackiest freestyle ever heard lol, her flow is bollox but it was a good laugh  ;D

And about Michael... I wonder where's it going wrong with his career at the moment because it's true that he's probably the most talented out there. He needs to stay somehow keep track of the evolutions in music and do his own thing, 2004/2005 style. I could just see him doing a song with Jadakiss, and it wouldn't be bad.

Michaels problem, in my opinion, is that he doesn't have the right people around him.  He's out of touch with the real world.  He keeps hiring the wrong people, from management all the way down to producers.  He's extremely talented, but he needs someone to tell him "no, Michael, we don't need a children's choir and a 190 piece orchestra on this song, it's overproduced"... or "Michael, you've cried in 20 records already, just sing this one straight", or "Michael, if you called Beyonce I'm sure she'd be glad to have you sing a duet with her on her new album, it would be great for your career".  He needs someone around him that isn't just a yes man. 

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2004, 01:56:35 AM »
all charges ARE GONNA GET DROPPED I can se it already

-KIDRENEGADE-

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2004, 05:39:05 PM »

Michaels problem, in my opinion, is that he doesn't have the right people around him.  He's out of touch with the real world.  He keeps hiring the wrong people, from management all the way down to producers.  He's extremely talented, but he needs someone to tell him "no, Michael, we don't need a children's choir and a 190 piece orchestra on this song, it's overproduced"... or "Michael, you've cried in 20 records already, just sing this one straight", or "Michael, if you called Beyonce I'm sure she'd be glad to have you sing a duet with her on her new album, it would be great for your career".  He needs someone around him that isn't just a yes man. 

Well since I have no idea what really goes on in the studio I won't say you're absolutely right, but this is probably what's going on. He might purposely not care how his music is received and just release it the way he wants to, but I could see you being right here. In the beginning he had Quincy and Sony making sure everything he did was great for business and business first. Whether it was Quincy picking the right songs or Sony making sure Rick James and Price didn't get as much air time on MTV as they could have gotten. Michael's career was protected and promoted to extremes. Now Sony doesn't intervene as much as guiding him because they probably see him as a lost cause who could never go back to what he was in the public eye.

Personally I think it's time he dropped the act. He should start talking and singing in his real voice, and paint the whites parts of his skin the same color as his real skin tone (and if they saved his real nose I wouldn't mind seeing it put back in place). He should come out with some more mature records and really explore his talents both musically and lyrically. He won't sell as much as he did in the 80s, but he'd get his cred back and we'd probably here some really good music. I wouldn't recommend Beyonce since she's more for the younger crowd and pushed to be bigger than she really is. Alicia Keys or Norah Jones would make a nice "grown up" duet and I'd take out all the digital shit. Give Mike a 4 or 5 piece band and let him shine. This Peter Pan complex he's got going on is either an act that needs to be given the boot or a problem he needs to resolve because it isn't going to work. If it's an act then it's just plain stupid. If it's real, which I highly doubt, then a grown man who thinks he's a child has no business raising children. He an still help kids with out being eccentric. Steven Seagal has given millions of dollars and spent countless of hours with sick children. No one has ever accused him of molesting them. Why? Because no one knows he does it. Mike makes it a spectacle and attracts attention to it. Well, with e good attention comes the bad attention.

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 09:57:03 PM »
How old are you?  Just curious... because you have this whole pretentious vibe that reminds me of myself when I was about 16. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2004, 10:39:12 PM »
How old are you?  Just curious... because you have this whole pretentious vibe that reminds me of myself when I was about 16. 

Wasn't I agreeing with you? I may have had slightly different views on what he should be doing with his career, but for the most part we were on the same page. I was hardly trying to express my way as the better way. I would just rather hear a mid 40s man write lyrics and music that suit his age, instead of doing songs with Beyonce and others like her. It would make him look like a guy desperate to get back in the pop scene. To an extent so would dueting with Alicia Keys, but Norah Jones would fit. I'd say Mariah or Whitney would too but that would just appear like the insane people are getting together and would not be good for business.

To answer your question, I'm 22. I do how ever find it funny that you claim to have had a pretentious vibe at 16 implying that it isn't with you now. I just form opinions and state them. Sometimes I try and show other perspectives. You on the other hand take the false authority role.

I bash Michael, you insult me. I praise Michael's abilities, you still insult me.

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2004, 11:57:54 PM »
^ I don't hand out opinions on people based on whether we agree or not, I just gave you my honest opinion of your posts, I didn't say you were disagreeing with me or anything. 

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2004, 12:19:27 AM »
I agree with both Trauma and Shallow.
Im probably the biggest MJ fan you'll find and I also believe that Mike needs to quit with all the eccentric acts and just get back to doing great music again. A duet with Alicia Keys would be great in my opinion. Honestly speaking MJ will never be as big as he was during the "Thriller" era because that's a once in a lifetime thing. But i do believe that with the right people around he can put out an excellent album that will prove to the haters that he's still got it.