Author Topic: Does The Game represent Westcoast Rap?  (Read 838 times)

Big BpG

Does The Game represent Westcoast Rap?
« on: December 18, 2004, 01:22:22 AM »
The game is the future of westcoast 'mainstream' rap. Do you think that he will be looked at as a california rapper or another member of g-unit?

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

GangstaBoogy

Re: Does The Game represent Westcoast Rap?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 02:14:39 AM »
"oh that new dude from G-Unit?"

thats what everyone called him when I brought him up before his singles dropped. but Game been reppin Cali on his 3 singles so you gotta show him yo support.

"Wake up the West Coast is back" - Game in Higher
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 02:19:18 AM »
yep
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 02:49:14 AM »
After he comes out and blows up and leaves G-Unit alone, they'll see him as a California rapper

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 03:06:42 AM »
After he comes out and blows up and leaves G-Unit alone, they'll see him as a California rapper

He definitely reps the West Coast constantly in his songs (whether he talks about lolo's, the gang scene or khakis and Chucks, etc..), but I see it like this:
Once he's blown up, he'll have to key to the door. Meaning: he'll be in the position to let his collaborations be known. For example, if he should collaborate with other West Coast cats, other people will check those songs out ("cause he's a tight MC"), and at the same time, they'll get to hear the featured rapper too, and maybe finally realise that the West DOES have talent.

But anyway, yeah, I think he's doing a good job in representing the West.
Can't wait till January 18th to finally cop that shit...

Big BpG

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 03:14:21 AM »
well, there's no doubting that his success right now is due to the fact he is with g-unit. I think if he wants to have a good career he will want to continue to work with them and not pull away. That's just me.

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

young ozwald

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 06:36:58 AM »
Like Casual said; How can u bring bacc the BEST COAST with a New York Yonkers Flow ????

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 06:39:11 AM »
i think a combination of game and detox, will show west can make some good records, and be recpected by mainstream...

Elevz

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 09:14:57 AM »
Most likely he'll be fucking with g-unit too much after he blows up, so he might not exactly bring the entire west back on the map as in showcasing new artists etc.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 01:35:08 AM by Elevz the hairy bal-hed »

MR RY

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 09:42:24 AM »
Everyone thinks of Young Buck as a member of G-Unit before a southern rapper, I think its the same thing with Game. Also look at who G-units fans are, little teenage kids from the suburbs, they're gonna buy anything with G-Units name on it regardlessof where the artist is from...

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 09:51:42 AM »
"oh that new dude from G-Unit?"

thats what everyone called him when I brought him up before his singles dropped. but Game been reppin Cali on his 3 singles so you gotta show him yo support.

"Wake up the West Coast is back" - Game in Higher

Yea, i get the same reaction from people, but when I say he's from cali..they're like "yea, finally, some new westcoast shit!"...well, thats cause i do live on the westcoast...as far west as you can in Canada.

but i've been listening to game for about 2 years now...dude's repped the west as best as he can...ppl in the west are mad cause it's not their favorite artist who's gonna blow up..i bet if he wasn't part of G-Unit and JUST with Dre, then ppl in the west would give him more support...but i say fuck who he's with...if his songs are dope, thats all that matters..dont give a shit what kind of flow he has if it's not wack
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

young ozwald

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 11:28:55 AM »
Like Casual said; How can u bring bacc the BEST COAST with a New York Yonkers Flow ????

define a new york yonkers flow please

U need to ask The Game that, since he be saying that he got a New York Yonkers flow in his rhymes.

Acgrundy

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2004, 11:35:17 AM »
the only reason he is popular and is going to blow up is cause he rolls with G-Unit and has Dre's support.  He is a cool rapper and all, but when it comes down to straight how you sound on record, there is nothing at all about him that stands out from a hundred or more other westcoast rappers.  I see him going multi-plat and sticking around with G-Unit and Dre.  and why wouldn't he?  I don't think too many people necasarilly care where you are from nowadays, as more opposed to who you are affiliated with.  there is a good chance that if 50 cent woulda chosen Devin, Crooked I, and E-A-ski as his G-Unit that they would be huge too.

DAYUM

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2004, 11:37:38 AM »
im glad he roles with g-unit and he roles with dre... the game is tight fuck the haters...

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2004, 02:21:48 PM »
im glad he roles with g-unit and he roles with dre... the game is tight fuck the haters...