DUBCC - Tha Connection > West Coast Classics

Does The Game represent Westcoast Rap?

(1/6) > >>

Big BpG:
The game is the future of westcoast 'mainstream' rap. Do you think that he will be looked at as a california rapper or another member of g-unit?

GangstaBoogy:
"oh that new dude from G-Unit?"

thats what everyone called him when I brought him up before his singles dropped. but Game been reppin Cali on his 3 singles so you gotta show him yo support.

"Wake up the West Coast is back" - Game in Higher

The Watcher:
yep

R-Tistic:
After he comes out and blows up and leaves G-Unit alone, they'll see him as a California rapper

CRAFTY:

--- Quote from: R-Tistic.com on December 18, 2004, 02:49:14 AM ---After he comes out and blows up and leaves G-Unit alone, they'll see him as a California rapper

--- End quote ---

He definitely reps the West Coast constantly in his songs (whether he talks about lolo's, the gang scene or khakis and Chucks, etc..), but I see it like this:
Once he's blown up, he'll have to key to the door. Meaning: he'll be in the position to let his collaborations be known. For example, if he should collaborate with other West Coast cats, other people will check those songs out ("cause he's a tight MC"), and at the same time, they'll get to hear the featured rapper too, and maybe finally realise that the West DOES have talent.

But anyway, yeah, I think he's doing a good job in representing the West.
Can't wait till January 18th to finally cop that shit...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version