Author Topic: Do you ever...... (part 3)  (Read 296 times)

Suga Foot

Do you ever...... (part 3)
« on: December 18, 2004, 06:51:54 PM »
Do you ever drink (or do drugs) to get away from things?  Like when you're stressed and shit.  I do that shit all the time.  At first I felt bad because I've always been told it's like running away from your problems or whatever.  But fuck that, I'm grown, I don't see shit wrong with it.  It works.  Like when you got some shit on your mind, and you just don't wanna deal with it now, have some drinks, put on some music and chill.  Deal whith it later.  I'm not ashamed to say it.  It's only wrong because old people say it's wrong.  Well I'm sayin it's right damnit!

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Do you ever...... (part 3)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 07:00:50 PM »
it's ok
but all the lame people will come in and say it's not

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 07:05:19 PM »
its ok but dont get carried away with it. if so you might become an achoholic and you could loose our job, wife/gf, house, freinds. its some real shit. be careful

insted of drinking eat some triscuits. they are sooooo good. :sombrero:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 07:07:01 PM by BigBDrugStores »

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 07:10:44 PM »
Yeah but the problem with that is. Sooner or later it WILL become a problem. Thats how it starts. I know alot of alcoholics who just started drinking for those reasons, and later they just continue to do it until they just cant stop.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 07:12:44 PM »
Yeah but the problem with that is. Sooner or later it WILL become a problem. Thats how it starts. I know alot of alcoholics who just started drinking for those reasons, and later they just continue to do it until they just cant stop.
thats why i also recomend eating triscuits instead of drinking. they are so good, esp.the roasted garlic flavor

Thirteen

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 09:52:19 PM »
yeah there's nothing bad about drinking when you want to get away from things... especially when it's proven that you're more likely to commit suicide while under the influence...

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 10:04:02 PM »
i guess it's bad but so what? your more likely to do alot of stupid shit when drunk. there are alot of functional addicts out there. what about the CEO who has a couple glasses of brandy after work everyday.

Thirteen

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 10:11:56 PM »
what about the tens of thousands kill by drunk drivers each year?

or

the aforementioned suicides?

or

the exxon valdez?

i'm not arguing against drinking...i just think it's not a good idea to drink alone, you don't know what can happen

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 10:30:12 PM »
we're not talking about drunk driving or drinkin alone. i thought we we talking about drinking to relax or "escape".
my friend tried to kill himself when he was drinking alone so i know what can happen
people can drink themselves suicidal or homicidal, but this isn't about that

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 10:37:04 PM »
there are a lot of things you can do besides drinking or doing drugs.  if that's what you want to do then that's your perogative but it's not really going to help you in the long run.  the best medicine for any problem is prayer.  you receive deep insight and you form a better bond with God.  before you know it, you realize that your problems aren't as big as you once thought they were.  just say no.  peace.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 10:52:15 PM »
Drinking alone is the worst thing you can do. I had to learn the hard way lol

I have been sober since August and turns out I have more fun that way. I guess to each their own.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 02:39:56 AM »
Do you ever drink (or do drugs) to get away from things?  Like when you're stressed and shit.  I do that shit all the time.  At first I felt bad because I've always been told it's like running away from your problems or whatever.  But fuck that, I'm grown, I don't see shit wrong with it.  It works.  Like when you got some shit on your mind, and you just don't wanna deal with it now, have some drinks, put on some music and chill.  Deal whith it later.  I'm not ashamed to say it.  It's only wrong because old people say it's wrong.  Well I'm sayin it's right damnit!

This is your own self destrution.  And you think it's okay, because you think your grown and mature and that you can make your own desicions.  Until, you have a girl, have kids, and this habit of yours starts to destroy their lives too.  But you say, that won't happen to you, blah, blah, blah.  I've heard that talk.

If it was really about escaping there are more constructive ways of escaping.  But you've been watching TV commercials and media your whole life, and you think that when you pop open a beer, all the sudden life is going to be a party, and everything is all good, but that's not reality.  These alcohol companies are exploiting you. 

There are more constructive ways to escape, but your problems are bigger than you can understand.  You need to start keeping a journal and try to figure out what's going on with your life, before it's too late, and you've wasted your time here on Earth.  Your time is short.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

thatboi

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 06:13:37 AM »
Sometimes you know gotta burn off steam somehow
looking for mc's for The Resistance group svh398@hotmail.com get at me.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2004, 08:07:45 AM »
you cant drink your problem away, so yea, if it helps you, like 1s a week, chill back, drink some henesy, listen to some beatles :), but if it becomes like a 5 time a week thing,that everytime you got shit to do, or think about, you get wasted.. thats a no no

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2004, 11:07:17 AM »
I never did. Playing PS2 games works much better.