Author Topic: Did you know....  (Read 165 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Did you know....
« on: December 19, 2004, 09:56:27 PM »
Hitler was democratically elected? We all seem to assume that a democracy generates optimal results, but that assumption is clearly false. You could argue Putin is another example of a democratic system failing. 

mauzip

Re: Did you know....
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 09:59:29 PM »
Did you get your first history lesson yesterday? :)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 10:33:48 PM »
no i've known this for awhile but i mentioned it to someone today and they seemed stunned so i figured id bring it up.

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 10:39:39 PM »
No offence, but that person must be a complete moron. That's one of the first things you learn when you study WW2 at school.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 10:42:40 PM »
The guy was an amazing speaker and he told the people what they wanted to hear. The people wanted change and he gave it to them.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 04:45:05 AM »
The guy was an amazing speaker and he told the people what they wanted to hear. The people wanted change and he gave it to them.

Yup, he had a charism never seen before, and he straight up said what the German people were secretly thinking. Around the time it got obvious what Hitler was on about, there was no turning back.

Anyway... I think most people know about Hitler being elected democratically. It's that one lesson we all must learn from WW II, the main goal of history classes.

mauzip

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 06:56:33 AM »
In Germany the reason why a party has to get at least 5% of the votes to get a seat in the Parlement is because Hitler started with 3%. It's something like that; 7even probably knows this better than I do.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 02:18:56 PM »
Did you get your first history lesson yesterday? :)
funny
but yeah thats old news. that person must have been 10 years old

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 05:05:27 PM »
In Germany the reason why a party has to get at least 5% of the votes to get a seat in the Parlement is because Hitler started with 3%. It's something like that; 7even probably knows this better than I do.

Plus that way nationalistic parties (normally :/ ) won't make noise.. however lately our right-wing party NPD got 7% in one "state".. more to come maybe.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

dexter

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 07:25:45 AM »
Government aint close 2 perfect!