Author Topic: A few questions about Christianity.  (Read 1315 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
A few questions about Christianity.
« on: December 20, 2004, 11:50:43 AM »
I'ma keep my questions simple.

I was talkin to a couple of cats and they was sayin how Alcohol is condemned in Christianity etc. But how is that when Jesus and his people use to sip wine?

They say you are unconcious in a deep sleep till judgement day when you die. Now, I been to many funerals in my day and every pastor or whoever always said shit like "this man is in a better place now", "he in a better place lookin down on us", or "he's in heaven now" etc etc. Now how can this be when that man's spirit is in a deep sleep? Why are we set to believe all our folks that passed away are looking down on us, when technically, they are not. 

Now, I dunno who has heard of the Seventh-Day Adventist church, but they go to church on Saturdays. They believe after the six days of Creation, the lord rested on the seventh day and instituted the Sabbath for all people as a memorial of creation etc etc. I kno folks that are part of that and believe it or not, they criticize all other christians based on going to church on Sundays and look down on them for celebrating christmas. They go exactly with what the bible says and in most ways, they are correct. Why couldn't other Christians go with the bible when they 1st started? Why is there all this seperation even WITHIN the same religion?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 11:53:06 AM by RODZILLA tha BAYlien »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: A few questions about Christianity.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 12:01:14 PM »
I was talkin to a couple of cats and they was sayin how Alcohol is condemned in Christianity etc. But how is that when Jesus and his people use to sip wine?

i read that the last supper was a big party with drinkin and music and partying

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 12:53:34 PM »
drinking Alcohol isnt wrong from a christians point of view. What is wrong is when you drink it to the point that your are drunk.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 01:49:42 PM »
^right, dats what I've figured.... but not all Christians believe that. Some don't even believe Jesus drank. But fact is, his 1st miracle was turning water into wine for his people. U mean to tell me non of his people got drunk?

COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 02:06:03 PM »
^right, dats what I've figured.... but not all Christians believe that. Some don't even believe Jesus drank. But fact is, his 1st miracle was turning water into wine for his people. U mean to tell me non of his people got drunk?
Well I think the idea of drinking differs from christian to christian. I've met many who believe drinking is wrong, but the fact is (as you've stated) Jesus turned water into wine. But the overall belief on drinking is, its not wrong, unless you drink to the point that you cant be yourself (drunk). As for the disciples and everyone else getting drunk, i do not know because it doesnt say in the Bible if they did or not.

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 02:14:59 PM »
do you think i can turn water into wine? or better, heineken?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 02:36:36 PM by Mauzip a.k.a. Kerstman »

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 02:20:13 PM »
do you think i can turn water into whine? or better, heineken?

i thought you drank zima

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 02:35:52 PM »
what's that?

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 02:44:17 PM »
a super cool beverage

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 04:14:58 PM »
In terms of alcohol, yeah you can drink as long as you don't get drunk. Indulging in anything, food, wine, women, anything at all is a sin. Christians are suppose to stay humble, and keep things at a respectable level. Getting drunk, eating too much, showing vanity, that's all a sin.

Now when we say the person is looking down on us after they die, Christians are suppose to believe that we are asleep until the last day when God judges the living and the dead. Our souls are to be awaken, and we are judged. I think the dead looking down on us is more of something to say to help deal with the pain of losing a lost one. Who knows though, with all the different branches of Christianity, who knows what people are believing now-a-days.

Now with the 7th Day Adventist, there was a really fine girl, actually girls, they are sisters both my age, that I was going to talk to, either one was fine, but they're beliefs just don't agree with me at all. I am Catholic, which is the original Christian church. It wasn't until 15something that other sets of Christianity formed in protest of the Catholic church. From Catholic to 7th Day Adventist, the differences come because at onetime the Catholic church was the most corrupted church in the world. The Pope was the most politically powerful man in Europe, the church was giving "forgiveness" to the rich for a small price that poor people could not afford, and many people gave at least a daughter to the church as a nun, usually the ugly one that couldn't be married off, because the Catholic church practice that if you give a child to the church as a priest of nun that you'll go to heaven. Many Christians still believed in God, and Jesus, but could not agree with all the corruption in the church. So Martin Luther lead a split of the church with the modern day Lutherans. In England King Henry VIII started the church of England when the Catholic church would not grant him a divorce, and from there the protestation verse Catholic battles have been going on ever since, and in the United States the Morons, I mean Mormons formed the Mormon church that came from the believe that Jesus left his word in the United States also, and that their Bible, the book of Mormons completes the Bible. Since then the Catholic church has also done it's part to try and straighten it's wrongs with Vatican II, and Popes have been liberal in their beliefs, like telling preist to stay out of political matters in their countries, and supporting multi-culturalism within the Catholic church. Of course even though the church has changed for the better in the last 500 years, most people stick to their own sets of Christianity, and to this day talk about how the Catholics ruined Christianity and ow Catholics themselves are mislead. Trust me, I've been to other churches, and I have yet to hear a sermon that didn't include bashing those old school Catholics. It's mainly to keep people at their church, on all sides, since religion is a great way to make money.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 06:34:47 PM »
if you think about it... anything can become a sin if it is done in excess.  eating isn't a sin but if you do it too much, you're performing gluttony.  same thing goes for drinking.  it isn't known whether or not Jesus drank because it doesn't say he did and it doesn't say he didn't.  he did turn water into wine but that doesn't mean that he had some.  maybe this shows that he isn't against it but then again he isn't for it either.

for the death thing... there are many different denominations of Christianity.  some christians believe in a place called purgatory and that's what you described.  if you attend a catholic funeral, you're not likely to hear the priest say that the person is in a better place.  other denominations of Christianity don't believe in purgatory so they don't contradict their beliefs when they make that statement.

the devil's greatest weapon is confusion.  there's a simple saying "divide and conquer."  by causing confusion, it divided the Christians and caused them to fight amongst themselves.  so instead of focusing on the real enemy, a lot of time we Christians fight with each other.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 06:38:15 PM by -VZA- »
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 08:45:59 PM »
I don't understand why you would ask the questions in the first place, you're not Christian, and you're not interested in becoming Christian.  I don't really think it's appropriate to discuss it with you in that light, because I'm just reducing myself to being an apologist.  Christianity, like all other religions, is faith based; there is no proof the religion is 'correct' or however you want to apply that.  Since you don't want to believe it, no amount of explaining about Christianity I do will quench your thirst for answers about the religion, because they cannot all be answered without eventually requiring you to take a leap of faith, which you are not prepared or willing to do.

Peace~

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 12:28:25 AM »
^It's funny how you criticize people about the same thing you do, assume.

Have you ever even asked me what religion I believe in? No, so do not assume no bullshit. U dunno nothin about me, except my name and how I do something in the music field. And who the fuc are you to tell me what's appropriate and what isn't? Some of you muthafucaz act like being part of a religion is like being part of a gang. Ure no different than infinite. At least infinite answers and tries 2 make his religion look good. I have every right to ask what I want when I want, even if I don't believe in it. Just because you defend Muslims, Christians or anythone else, it doesn't mean you're part of them. This is where the whole gang mentality comes in again. On the streets, if 1 of the homies gets into some shit, U back em up no matter what, don't matter who's right or wrong. Humans somehow tend to apply that to religion too, Christians always have something to say, wrong or right, it doesn't matter, they will back their shit up regardless. Muslims too. That shouldn't be the case though. You have to have a balanced state of mind. Don't trip about what I believe in, it's irrelevant, ure nobody 2 me, so don't worry about it. But for your information, I do go to church every other Sunday.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 12:36:58 AM by RODZILLA tha BAYlien »

COMING IN 2008.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 04:42:25 AM »

Now, I dunno who has heard of the Seventh-Day Adventist church, but they go to church on Saturdays. They believe after the six days of Creation, the lord rested on the seventh day

It says in the Bible that God "rested".  From the jump, when you read that in the Bible, you know something ain't right.

Right there, you know that "sleeping" can not be an attribute of God, and this book must have fell to corruption by the Church (Constatine, Paul, and other people who changed the true teachings of Jesus).  If God is resting, then who is maintaining and sustaining the Universe?

In the Qu'ran, God (Allah) is put in his proper postion, and his attributes are coherent and logical.  Here's the difference of how God is described in the Noble Qu'ran...

Surah 2.Al-Baqara (The Cow), verse 255

"Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep.[/i] His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitted? He knoweth what (appeared to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory)."

*****Disclaimer*******

.....no disrespect to the Christians, especially MDogg I don't want to be disrespectful to him cause he's always respectful to me.  But I should be able to post my position just like everyone else.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 04:45:27 AM by Menace To Society »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 06:09:20 AM »
^ You can post whatever you want, and Rod, If I answer your questions, you'll just have more.  You're not asking with an inquisitive nature, you're asking with an intent on showing problems in the religion, which you JUST BACKED UP with your last reply.  You're Celophane.