Author Topic: A few questions about Christianity.  (Read 1316 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re: A few questions about Christianity.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2004, 09:13:57 AM »
If there is any problems with the religion, it's people like you who DON'T answer. And the ones who do, really don't make sense. It's all faith as they say, it doesn't matter if it makes sense. That makes people turn on the religion, infinite is a prime example of this.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2004, 11:15:26 AM »

Now, I dunno who has heard of the Seventh-Day Adventist church, but they go to church on Saturdays. They believe after the six days of Creation, the lord rested on the seventh day

It says in the Bible that God "rested".  From the jump, when you read that in the Bible, you know something ain't right.

Right there, you know that "sleeping" can not be an attribute of God, and this book must have fell to corruption by the Church (Constatine, Paul, and other people who changed the true teachings of Jesus).  If God is resting, then who is maintaining and sustaining the Universe?

In the Qu'ran, God (Allah) is put in his proper postion, and his attributes are coherent and logical.  Here's the difference of how God is described in the Noble Qu'ran...

Surah 2.Al-Baqara (The Cow), verse 255

"Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep.[/i] His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitted? He knoweth what (appeared to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory)."

*****Disclaimer*******

.....no disrespect to the Christians, especially MDogg I don't want to be disrespectful to him cause he's always respectful to me.  But I should be able to post my position just like everyone else.

no disrespect taken. You believe in one religion and I believe in another. In the end we are all to be human brothers and sisters. I know the Bible preaches to love your neighbors, not bomb them 'cause they ain't Christians. I try to apply that my life. So we are all good, I actually am trying to read the Qu'ran, and next the Book of Mormon, trying to study each point of view. I will always be Catholic, and soon I want to make it official. (I've never been confermed. But it always pays to know about each different religion.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2004, 06:14:46 PM »
so it says God rested... how do you come to the conclusion that the universe is supposed to fall apart if He rests?

think about it... if you create a program and you run it... what else is there to do but sit back and watch the end result?  well, you might argue "what if there's something wrong with the program, shouldn't you step in and fix it?"

God created this program called the universe and since it was created by God, do you think God would create a program with flaws in it?  everything in this universe is there for a reason.  just because YOU feel it's messed up or it could be better if this had happened instead of that doesn't make it so.  just trust that God has created a plan from start to finish before he even set that plan into motion.  so basically, yeah... after God created the laws, the heavens, and the earth... he rested.

i don't know your history but if you've ever worked a job then you probably know that the man upstairs probably does the least amount of work and does a lot of resting.  does the company fall apart if he rests?  not at all... not as long as his initial plan is going according to how he set it up in the first place.  now since God created the plans for the universe and the elements of the universe have no choice but to act as God said they must... how could things just fall apart?

i'll give you a chance to respond before i go any further.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2004, 09:03:50 PM »
If there is any problems with the religion, it's people like you who DON'T answer. And the ones who do, really don't make sense. It's all faith as they say, it doesn't matter if it makes sense. That makes people turn on the religion, infinite is a prime example of this.

^ And again you prove my point... you obviously have preconcieved notions and opinions of the religion, you don't inquire because you want to learn, you inquire because you want to prove you're right, and christians are wrong. 

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 10:09:30 PM »

^ And again you prove my point... you obviously have preconcieved notions and opinions of the religion, you don't inquire because you want to learn, you inquire because you want to prove you're right, and christians are wrong. 

someone has to be wrong when you have christians, jews, muslims, buddhists, atheists, and so on.  Not to mention the fact that christianity interprets its own religion in a thousand different ways depending upon the sect you belong to, and interprets its religion differently within your particular sect you belong too depending on your church.  For example, I'm catholic and we have Jesuit Catholics, Franciscan Catholics, and so on.  And Protestants disagree with catholics on a wealth of issues.  I agree its fair to say religion is faith based, but your faith is in Jesus Christ.  Faith doesn't mean contradictions don't exist.  At least infinite tried to understand his religion.  Jesus Christ says love thy neighbor, and you say you support the deaths of thousands of innocent iraqis, and the torture of detainees.  Christains went on a crusade against Muslims.  And Christianity played a large part in the rise of Nazism and the extermination of the Jews.  You use religion as a shield to hide your ignorance, and justify your evils. 

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2004, 11:14:55 PM »

WTF are you talkin about? You're most definitely wrong, why so paranoid like I'm against Christianity? is it because I criticize some issues such as the post before me? I do that no matter what religion. I say it how I see it. And I usually base everything around logic, so there's no way to get around it. I'm juss asking simple questions wondering if any Christians could shed light on the issue, and as you can see, there are different view points even in the same religion. Why is that? How is everyone so seperated in the same religion? No one can answer my questions decisively, it's always "oh, well catholics do this, mormons believe that, 7th day folks say this blah blah".

COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 12:47:43 AM »
1st thing

Christianity does NOT condemn the consumpsion of alcohol .....infact we drink it every week in church, whoever sat down and told you "drinking is bad" is full of shit and deserves to get raped by Satan.

2nd thing

NO WHERE IN the bible did it say that god went to sleep! it said he rested which means he just stopped creating. don't come in here misinterpreting the bible to put your "Allah" above mine and other people's god.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2004, 12:51:09 AM »
oh yeah and to add to the second thought.....the book of Genesis and the entire Old Testiment is no way a corruption of the teachings of Jesus........Jesus has nothing to do with the Old Testiment, that shit was written and taught well before he was born

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2004, 08:46:27 AM »
^ And again you prove my point... you obviously have preconceived notions and opinions of the religion, you don't inquire because you want to learn, you inquire because you want to prove you're right, and Christians are wrong. 

WT are you talking about? You're most definitely wrong, why so paranoid like I'm against Christianity? is it because I criticize some issues such as the post before me? I do that no matter what religion. I say it how I see it. And I usually base everything around logic, so there's no way to get around it. I'm USS asking simple questions wondering if any Christians could shed light on the issue, and as you can see, there are different view points even in the same religion. Why is that? How is everyone so separated in the same religion? No one can answer my questions decisively, it's always "oh, well catholics do this, Mormons believe that, 7th day folks say this blah blah".

The reason there are differences in the same religion is because different groups interpret different in different ways. Some groups like the Catholics would add their own aspects to the religion and others revolting against those man made additions. The sabbath is was and always will be on Saturday. No educated Christian can dispute that. Christians go to on Sunday because Jesus resurrected on Sunday. They don't pay as much attention to Saturday because Jesus didn't. He felt if good works need to be done then no matter what day it was they should be done. This was brought up when he heeled a man on the sabbath and the pharisees called it blasphemy. He explained to why he did it. The Christian churches, all of them, go much further than the teachings of Jesus, and I am convinced he would want nothing to do with almost all of them due to their hypocritical nature. St. Paul, Saul, added a lot to what became the church, and who knows how much he just made up himself.

Every religion has differences with in them. Islam, Hindu, Judaism, etc. Don't think it's only Christianity.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2004, 09:49:52 AM »
NO WHERE IN the bible did it say that god went to sleep! it said he rested which means he just stopped creating. don't come in here misinterpreting the bible to put your "Allah" above mine and other people's god.

I never said god went to sleep U fucin moron....READ my questions again, I didn't misinterpret the bible at all....and I never said my god is "allah".

Good shit on that post Shallow. That's what I wanted, a real muthafuca to break it down. All these sissy boys do is get paranoid and try to compete like it's a game. Ofcourse every religion does have differences in them, but Christianity shouldn't.

COMING IN 2008.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 10:02:20 AM »
The Christian churches, all of them, go much further than the teachings of Jesus, and I am convinced he would want nothing to do with almost all of them due to their hypocritical nature.

Ofcourse. Just like how Allah wouldn't nothing to do with these so-called muslims. Even in the Qu'ran it says they will meet with Jesus on judgement day.

COMING IN 2008.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2004, 02:25:31 PM »
@SHALLOW....I emailed 1 of my homegurls from around the way about the Saturday/Sunday issue and this is what she had to say.

I'm sure that you would agree, that as Christians,  Jesus is our
example. It is true that he was resurrected on Sunday, but He rested on
the Sabbath from the time of creation when He made "that" day holy.
Even while He was is the grave He showed respect for the Sabbath day by
resting on it. To say that "Jesus didn't pay any attention to the
Sabbath" is inaccurate when He himself kept it holy. It is true that He
believed that it is good to "do well" (good things) on the Sabbath Day
as well as any other. This does not mean that He did "pay any attention
to it." The scripture tells us that "God made the Sabbath for man, not
man for the Sabbath." Jewish leaders of that time made the Sabbath a
burned to people by enforcing specific rules and regulations on how it
should be kept. For example; one could not travel any more than a
certain amount of miles or carry a mat or objects as it would be
considered "working." The Pharisees in their extreme thinking and
inpure motives of power, lost sight of the purpose of the Sabbath. God
created to Sabbath as a day that is set aside to reflect upon Him, his
creation, and family without any outside interruption of the work week.
He is our creator and He made us. He knows what we need and that is why
He set aside this specific day. The reason why many Christians now  go
to church on Sunday is because the Catholic Church has changed the day
of worship from Saturday to Sunday. They boldly admit  to making this
change ( I can give you further information from their own documents.)
Nevertheless, regardless of who's idea it was to change the day of
worship from Saturday to Sunday is irrelevant. The point is that God
asked that we worship him on the Sabbath/Saturday and who are we to
change it? That is not our place! We will each be responsible for the
turth that we know and follow regardless of what man tells us to do we
are follow what God tells us to do. I encourage you to read and study
for yourself!

COMING IN 2008.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2004, 11:08:28 PM »
I didn't mean to say that Jesus didn't pay attention to the Sabbath like it was worthless. He did state that it is wrong to with hold from doing good works on the Sabbath for those in need. I guess the church took it a step further. As far as I know the day of worship was Sunday for Christians before well before the Catholic church came into existence. The Greek Orthodox church predates the Catholic church and they worshiped and worship on Sunday. I'm sure what the the whole Sabbath means personally. Many historians have argued what "day" actually means. The ancient Hebrew word would imply day as in era. Therefore God would have made the world in 7 eras, and on or in the 7th era he rested. Christian Scientists quickly adopted this theory and believe it to be true. Does this mean we are in the 7th era now and he is resting, or are we in the 6th, the day of man? I really don't have an answer. Maybe we are in the day of man and heaven is the Sabbath where we rest with God. Maybe we are in the Sabbath now and God is resting, which may explain the evil. Who knows? What I do know is that Jesus placed the virtues of his teachings far above the rituals and traditions. As long as your heart is in the right place you should have nothing to worry about. That's how I live and I hope it's good enough for the big guy himself. I can't choose a religion like Christianity and claim it to be definite the way the church claims it to be with out going against the faith itself. If I believe that this is the right and only way then I would be calling all the others wrong and inferior and that is wrong. Jesus never asked for a special day of prayer or for an organized church.

I've yet to read any quote of Jesus that fails to stand up today or ever come across as wrong. I've certainly read that in the Torah, and Jesus himself brought that up. Judaism and Islam seem to condone certain aspects of human error, such as violence or judgment. Jesus forgave human error but would never try and make it less wrong than they were. He just wanted you to repent and try not to do it again. I guess that's why I stayed with Christianity when I went on my spiritual journey a few years ago and didn't change religions. This doesn't mean I think I'm right for being Christian and others are wrong are wrong for not being Christian. It just means Christianity suited me so I stuck with it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2004, 02:10:34 AM »

I never said god went to sleep U fucin moron....READ my questions again, I didn't misinterpret the bible at all....and I never said my god is "allah".

actually that second point was aimed toward "entertainment is dead" or whatever the fuck that jabroni's name is you fuCKing retard....maybe you should read what the fuCK i'm fucking writing about and read the whole fucking mother fuckin' post before you fuckin go out and fuckin call me a fuckin moron....mother fucker.............and and please quit trying to act like your some crip by spelling all your ck's with cc's......

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2004, 10:48:47 PM »
we havent had a Jake/Rod spar in a while
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll