Author Topic: Amazing Article About America's Entertainment Culture  (Read 107 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Amazing Article About America's Entertainment Culture
« on: December 21, 2004, 10:17:20 PM »
Props to 41510.... I copied and pasted his article here...

I was thinking the other day about just how massive America's entertainment industry is. We have dozens of televised sporting events, reality TV shows, soap operas, made-for-TV movies, digital cable, satellite TV, plasma screens, big screens, in-home movie theaters w/ surround sound, etc....

And we live in the biggest empire the world has ever known. We are the richest country ever. All of this comes from our having the strongest military that the world has ever known.

When we're not working, we sit on our couches and fill our brains with hours of garbage every day. As a result, we are probably the most unpolitical people in the world, with 2 parties that most people don't relate to and politicians that most people don't trust. We sit in our leisure mode, watching TV, and just dream about what it would be like to be celebrity, a model, something famous and rich, or when we can go spend our $$ on a luxury cruise where we can eat 70 courses of shrimp and feel like kings. Poor people want to be rich and rich people want to be richer. We are jealous of the rich, but idolize them as well.

Even our political discussions are 100 times more entertainment than substance. We like the arguments and fights on cable news just like we like the arguments and fights on "Cheaters" and "Desperate Housewives." We don't really care about anything. We don't feel real emotions or connect with real people. We watch people beat the sh1t out of each other on UFC and Jerry Springer and laugh. That's our only reaction, the rest of our connections with other human beings were burned out a long time ago.

What I'm trying to say is that we have an extremely decadent culture, we are a fat spoiled society. Not all of us, but most. And I think America is facing the biggest political crisis that we've ever faced--I think the American empire is going to be grabbed by its roots and shook until it comes tumbling down. But we're too busy watching all this bullsh1t to notice.

And when we DO hear about something happening, we're so misinformed and high off fantasy living that we won't be able to respond coherently, we'll just be satisfied with a few nice-sounding slogans... then back to the plasma screen.

Any thoughts?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Suga Foot

Re: Amazing Article About America's Entertainment Culture
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 10:21:29 PM »
that's an interesting way to look at it.  I can't say if you're right or wrong, but that's def. something to think about.

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 11:30:28 PM »
It's true. Americans get entertained. Slowly the Hollywood culture is taking over in Europe too. A lot of people, mostly youth, don't even follow the news. This is one of the reasons people who are not from the States tend to think Americans are dumb...

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 12:23:41 AM »
i think the people who are "misinformed", according to this article, represent only a small margin in American culture