Author Topic: Friends Watch As Sharks Tear Friend Apart  (Read 231 times)

mrtonguetwista

Friends Watch As Sharks Tear Friend Apart
« on: December 16, 2004, 04:19:36 PM »
ADELAIDE, Australia (AP) - Two great white sharks attacked and killed a surfer while his friends watched in horror Thursday off a popular beach in the southern Australian city of Adelaide, authorities said.

The 18-year-old man had fallen from a surfboard being towed by a power boat when the sharks attacked off West Beach mid afternoon, South Australia state Sea Rescue Squadron spokesman Fraser Bell said.

One shark tore the victim in half and the second shark took the remains, witnesses said.

Two of the three 16-year-old boys who were in the tow boat witnessed the attack and received medical treatment for shock.

Police and state emergency services said there had been no sign of the victim or the sharks since the mid afternoon attack despite extensive searches of the coast.

Bell said the sharks, also known as white pointers, were between 15 and 17 feet long. They attacked about 250 yards from a crowded beach.

``He fell off the surfboard and the shark appeared and took him,'' Bell told reporters.

``It tore him apart ... apparently it tore him in half and the other shark came in and took the rest.''

A woman on the beach who was not named told Seven Network television the shark that led the attack ``caught his left arm and took him around the boat and then another shark has come in and they just took him to pieces.''

The group of four friends, all from Adelaide, had been on the water for just 30 minutes before the attack.

Asked if there were any chance the victim had survived, Bell replied, ``None whatsoever''.

State police chief inspector David Lufty said beaches in the area would remain closed as the search continued for the killer sharks.

The tragedy is the second shark fatality in Australian waters within a week.

A 38-year-old man was killed by a shark while spearing fish on the Great Barrier Reef off northeast Australia on Saturday.

BigBDrugStores

Re: Friends Watch As Sharks Tear Friend Apart
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 04:47:18 PM »
damn. thats unfoutunate

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 07:58:37 PM »
lmfao thats fucked up.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 08:22:41 PM »
that's why I stay the fuck out of the ocean.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 02:35:52 AM »
lmfao thats fucked up.
i don't see what's funny about this. It's fucked up. I don't think this kind of shit is worth thinking about, it's just unfortunate accidents that happen in life
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 06:28:25 AM »
thats why i strap a fork to my leg when i go swimming....

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 09:18:33 AM »

::)

rafsta

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 11:58:27 AM »

::)

obviously you do not live in australia... i never swim without a weapon.

rafsta

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 11:59:16 AM »
its worse than the streets of Compton, we got ocean ghettos, the sharks are starving, they kill at will.

thatboi

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 05:08:12 AM »
Man I can't even imagine how scared that guy was before he died shit sucks.
looking for mc's for The Resistance group svh398@hotmail.com get at me.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 08:24:57 PM »
Fucked up shit mayn.. I couldn't imagine being one of his friends just witnessing that..damn

Rest In Peace :'(

Elevz

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 04:41:03 AM »
its worse than the streets of Compton, we got ocean ghettos, the sharks are starving, they kill at will.

^^

Damn, this is some fucked up shit. Makes me think of this so-called funny line "rest in pieces", without even thinking of laughing about it.

Rest in peace

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2004, 03:02:30 PM »
Makes me think of this so-called funny line "rest in pieces", without even thinking of laughing about it.
so called. its hilarious

rafsta

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2004, 07:27:20 AM »
look man R.I.P, happy ?

you dont even know the cat.

RAP QUAKE

• Lil Geezy
  • Gangsta
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2004, 03:06:20 PM »
lmfao thats fucked up.
i don't see what's funny about this. It's fucked up. I don't think this kind of shit is worth thinking about, it's just unfortunate accidents that happen in life

LOL@ rafsa...damn this is such a natural way to die tho...all animals are on the food chain getting hunted by predators...they all go thru what he went tthru...and their companions r scared for their own....man wouldnt it be the shit if they had a fuckin shotty or a submachine gun, and as the sharks go for him they bust a few caps in their........fins, but he'd prolly still die, fuckin sharks r POWERFUL, and to think back in the day we both had the same ancestors