Author Topic: Another Billionaire Against Bush  (Read 271 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Another Billionaire Against Bush
« on: December 22, 2004, 10:14:01 AM »
So far, off the top of my head, George Soros, Steve Jobs, and Warren Buffet have all spoken critically of Bush and his policies.   Now we can add yet another Billionaire to the list, Mark Cuban, who I believe is worth around 3 Billion. 

http://www.blogmaverick.com/entry/1234000127024034/

Cuban writes a decent article criticizing social security privatization which is an interesting issue since it will actually effect all American citizens.  I've said before, we often treat our support of a party as if we are supporting our favorite football team.  But football teams don't effect us, politicians do.  It really doesnt make sense to ignore criticism of policies that will potentially negatively affect your future.   

Cuban uses two cases to demonstrate how easily the public can be manipulated when it comes to investing and end up worse off.  Personally, I know a little about investing, and don't bother to learn a lot because it is an amazingly complicated subject.  The freedom to invest your money as you please sounds good, but the garantee of a risk free return sounds better to me.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Another Billionaire Against Bush
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 10:21:06 AM »
Yeah but the real question is, Do i give a shit about what 4 billionaires think?

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 10:23:15 AM »
oh shit, they have money....i better listen to them.....i'll read this right after i was the apprentice season 1 on DVD  ::)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 10:42:26 AM »
its not necessarily the fact he is a billionaire, it is the strength of his argument.  but just out of curiousity, whose opinion would you trust?  you are talking about your own future well-being. 

i only posted this because to date we've seen billionaires, nobel laureates, thousands of scientists, prominent republicans, former republican governors and senators, and the majority of the rest of the world voice their criticism of bush.  I just wanted to add another person to the list, and also link you to an argument explaining why social security privatization, an issue that will definitely affect you, may be a bad thing for you and the rest of the country.

you have people from all walks of life in agreement that bush is bad for you, america, and the rest of the world, and yet you still cling to a red soxs - yankees like rivalry.  politics isn't about choosing a side and blindly supporting it in hope your side wins so you can brag and boast.  its about choosing leaders who will effectively lead the country.  so many people oppose bush, not because they hate republicans, but because he is bad for america.  if you took the time to listen to the reasons why they are fighting against his policies u'd learn that politics is a lot bigger than becoming a fanatic supporter of the first side you choose to support.

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 10:44:44 AM »
more than 1/2 of america thinks he's good so if you can name that many people by name that thinks he's bad then i'll consider your argument  ;D

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 10:52:53 AM »
more than 1/2 of america thinks he's good so if you can name that many people by name that thinks he's bad then i'll consider your argument  ;D

Bush's approval ratings actually dropped post election, the first time in history a president's approval rating dropped after being re-elected.  Your posts onlys further proves that Bush supporters are dumb.  But anyways if you wish to resort to immatuity I can resort to cruel honesty and point out the fact that you are more than likely to make less than 15$ an hour and will probably be low-income for the rest of your life.  Stupidity may allow you to avoid tough arguments that challenge your world-view, but it definitely doesn't help you acquire a stable job that pays well or a good family.  Enjoy your ignorance, and your 300$ per week pay-check, if you even recieve one.   And when your onto your 2nd divorce, remember I predicted it way back in 2004. 

« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 10:54:26 AM by Ant »

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 11:28:16 AM »
Its amazing how you can write so much, yet never answer the question.

The lady who works at the burger king drive through told me she's anti bush. I mean honestly, who cares what billionaires think.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 12:29:47 PM »
Its amazing how you can write so much, yet never answer the question.

The lady who works at the burger king drive through told me she's anti bush. I mean honestly, who cares what billionaires think.

I'm not sure what your question was.... if your question was:

"Do i give a shit about what 4 billionaires think?

Then, I'd say you know the answer better than I, but I'm guessing the answer is no, but you should care about the argument he has made against SS privatization, as well as the argument that has been made by many others.  You should also care about Bush's lack of argument in support of SS privatization.  If I didn't explain my point of view clearly enough before I'll try again:

1.  SS privatization will cost 2 Trillion over the next ten years, or an additionall 200 billion per year running on top of a 400 billion per year record high budget deficit.   The current deficit is a record high, and SS privatization wll add another 200 billion on top of it.  This will help to further push down the value of the dollar... its currently trading around 1.33 against the Euro.  This eventually leads to inflation, and higher costs for U.S. consumers.  It also wastes your tax dollars, since when you borrow you have to make interest payments, before your tax dollars get put to use, they get sent to China and Japan.

2.  After costing 2 Trillion, SS privatization arguably will do little to benefit the average American who will have to learn how to actually invest their money in order to earn a higher return.  The current system offers a garanteed return and zero risk.  In a privatized system, you actually have to choose your investments, you don't recieve a garanteed return.  If you make poor choices, you lose your money, and if you have nothing to retire on, then oh well.  If we had privatized SS during the tech bubble, lots of people would have destroyed their retirement package. 

Hopefully you consider this an answer, and while your free to disagree with it, in the end its still your money and your livlihood that is affected by SS privatization.  This has nothing to do with supporting your party.  It is a decision that will specifically influence you, and as such you should think of it as if it wasn't a republican or democratic idea.  If SS privatization was just an idea, not a republican idea, how would you feel about it?

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 02:15:01 PM »
no not 1/2
51%

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 02:16:42 PM »
Personally, I know a little about investing, and don't bother to learn a lot because it is an amazingly complicated subject.  The freedom to invest your money as you please sounds good, but the garantee of a risk free return sounds better to me.

Then have someone who does know what he's doing invest money for you.  I'm positive a good financial advisor would put that money to better use than the government would.  
You don't trust the government and have no confidence in them at all from the looks of your posts but you'd rather have them control your money rather than you?
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 02:54:45 PM »
Personally, I know a little about investing, and don't bother to learn a lot because it is an amazingly complicated subject.  The freedom to invest your money as you please sounds good, but the garantee of a risk free return sounds better to me.

Then have someone who does know what he's doing invest money for you.  I'm positive a good financial advisor would put that money to better use than the government would. 
You don't trust the government and have no confidence in them at all from the looks of your posts but you'd rather have them control your money rather than you?

Under the current SS system, the government is not investing your money in the stock market. In the SS system you pay 6.2% of your paycheck into the SS system, your employer matches your 6.2%, and that money goes directly to current retirees.  The government uses a formula to calculate how much you will recieve depending upon when you retire and how much you made while working, and that amount is garanteed 100%.  There is no government management of SS money under the current system. 

Also, you say your "positive a good financial advisor would put the money to better use than the government."  Well, first I already pointed out that the government is not managing SS money.  Secondly, I wouldn't be so trusting of 'financial advisors'.  How do you know your financial advisor is trustworthy if you don't know what it means to be a good investor?  There are very few financial advisors who are good at what they do.  In fact, 99.9% of all financial advisors cannot beat the market in the long run.  Not too mention financial advisors charge fees, and have large marketing departments whose goal is to detach you from your money. 

The question is, are you going to be able to pick a financial advisor who is able to earn more from you than the current amount promised by the government?  More than likely the answer is no.  But in addition to that you have a 2 Trillion dollar transition cost as a side-effect of a change that does very little for the average american. 

Put more simply, SS as it is, is risk free, worry free.  Privatized SS is neither.  The true beneficiaries aren't the American citizen, but the financial industry, who coincidentally donates large sums of money to the republican party.  By forcing every American to become an investor, you give the financial industry a huge market to go after and profit from.  And while I've said I know very little about investing, I know a whole lot more than some of my friends who have actually gone into the financial industry.  Financial advisors, are salesmen with college degrees, who just like every other sales guy, is looking for a commission, and they earn that commission when they make you part with your money regardless of whether they actually make you money or lose you money.  So again, I say, don't judge the system by the fact that it is democrat or republican, just look at it and say, is this a system I'd trust?  It's not one that I do, and I have yet to hear a good reason why I should. 

« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 02:56:34 PM by Ant »

Thirteen

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2004, 08:23:04 PM »

Bush's approval ratings actually dropped post election, the first time in history a president's approval rating dropped after being re-elected.  Your posts onlys further proves that Bush supporters are dumb.  But anyways if you wish to resort to immatuity I can resort to cruel honesty and point out the fact that you are more than likely to make less than 15$ an hour and will probably be low-income for the rest of your life.  Stupidity may allow you to avoid tough arguments that challenge your world-view, but it definitely doesn't help you acquire a stable job that pays well or a good family.  Enjoy your ignorance, and your 300$ per week pay-check, if you even recieve one.   And when your onto your 2nd divorce, remember I predicted it way back in 2004. 

that's pretty good rich boy, too bad you spend 80% of your day posting gay ass articles on dubcc that no one cares about rather than enjoying your life
i think many people rather be poor and have fun like i do that be some lifeless rich bitch spending all day bad talking a guy that doesn't even know you exist

face it, you should be out trying to fuck Paris Hilton but you're on here the lifeless faggot you are

oh and lastly, the only reason i'm not making $15 an hour is because i choose to, making money doesn't make you any better than me..so think about all the life you've wasted searching and posting these dumb ass articles on here

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2004, 08:40:48 PM »
im not a billionaire but i like bush

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 03:14:35 AM »
more than 1/2 of america thinks he's good

well that's the sad part about your people.. the american people really disappointed me on Nov.2
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

dexter

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 07:22:44 AM »
Billionaires Unite!