Author Topic: Jurassic 5 - Power In Numbers  (Read 472 times)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Jurassic 5 - Power In Numbers
« on: December 22, 2004, 02:36:24 PM »
  *Blue cover is the limited edition I think.
2002 Interscope Records
executive producer : ????

1. This Is - Just an intro to the album. Bouncing sounding beat in the background. X/5
Produced by Cut Chemist

2. Freedom - Excellent production. I really like Zaakir's verses on this, he's my favourite mc after Chali 2na from J5. Everyone sounds tight on this track. Song is about freedom and how we're fortunate to have it.. 5/5
Produced by DJ Nu-Mark

3. If You Only Knew - This is a pretty cool track. I like the flute sounds at parts in the background. Chorus sounds dope on this. At parts when every mc sings it sounds very dope. Good job by every mc here..  4/5
Produced by JuJu

4. Break - Probably my 3rd favourite track on the album.. The beat is excellent. Akil starts off pretty tight, followed by 2na, Marc 7, the Zaakir. The chorus is super dope with every mc singing it. Flow is on point from everyone for the beat. So overall a very dope track.. 5/5
Produced by Cut Chemist

5. React - Just an interlude.. good beat to it.
Produced by Cut Chemist

6. A Day At The Races feat. Percee P & Big Daddy Kane - My favourite track off the album which includes one of the dopest flows there is, which is Percee P's. Cut Chemist seems like he really put some effort into this beat making it really dope. All the J5 mcs have good verses. Once Percee P comes on its amazing (verse featured underneath). BDK comes afterwards adding really dope verse to the song, and finally 2na. One of the best tracks off the album. 5/5
Bear witness
To where riches'll make career bitches share pictures
When the ears get this ya brainses software'll glitches
Splatter your brains Leave scattered remains of matter and stains
That'll explain how you was battled and slain
I get rude and go, to your show and use a row
of fans to BOO and throw you off 'til you lose your flow
A pro mean like Joe Greene when I blow theme
Put your whole team on pause like cold cream
Then show laughter when I flow faster, your hoe haveta
go after her weave from the breeze when I blow past ya
I'm dapper plus ghetto and just pedal
When the dust settles we left in the rubble the crushed metal
Nurses with hearses sealin conversed with lit purses
Spit fire, make you first to bit, try me Like Osama, odoma',
I'ma cause trauma And homicides when I collide I get kamikaze

Produced by Cut Chemist

7. Remember His Name - This track is also up in my favourites, some really dope sound to it. Telephone calls throughout the song with all mcs talking about a cat getting shot up perhaps being another gangsta rapper. can't seem to remember his name though.. The beat suits the subject well, made pretty good. All mcs make this song come off tight..   4.5/5
Produced by DJ Nu-Mark

8. What's Golden - The beat on this is banging, really good job by Nu-Mark. One of my favourites off the album and the song which got me to buy the album and almost the one that got me into listening to J5. Everyone goes good with the beat on this one, chorus sounds pretty dope on it too.. I like Zaakir's verse the best.      5/5
Produced by DJ Nu-Mark

9. Thin Line feat. Nelly Furtado - The 2nd song that pretty much got me to buy the album. Just song about men and women if the relationship will destroy their friendship etc..  Pretty good beat. A good hook by the canadian artist Nelly Furtado adds to it and sounds good. Every mc comes off pretty good on the track too.    4.5/5
Produced by Cut Chemist

10. After School Special - This dope is very dope. Chali sounds really tight on it too. Marc 7 is soundin good too, flow sounds really good. Nothing really to the chorus. Just another dope track from J5.. 4/5
Produced by DJ Nu-Mark

11. High Fidelity - Another one of my favourites from the album, this beat is very dope. On this track is only Marc 7 and Zaakir. They both sound really tight on here, and both sing the chorus with it sounding excellent...  Marc 7's last verse ends the song soundin pretty dope... 5/5
(Marc 7) Your style is post mortem
No decorum
Style pourin'
We explorin'
You ignorin'
I'm the foreman
Longshoreman
And I'm sure when you tourin'
That you whack and you borin'

Produced by DJ Nu-Mark

12. Sum Of Us - Another excellent beat done by Nu-Mark. Track just features Chali 2na and Akil. 2na's first verse is fire and flow soundin' amazing.. Both mcs also make the chorus sound dope and mix it up. Akil's verses are on point and flow is pretty good.
Sparklin' extreme spinnage
Watchin' your scene plumett If lyrics were green vomit
My vocals would clean stomachs
Addicts wean from it
Where dreams and green run it
The faces on money change like the host on
Teen Sumit I'm close to being done with this industry's cream driven
 Supreme livin', seein' more demons than
Gene Simmons And mean fibbin' actors be adlibbin'
Fakin' the funk and some of us naturally had rhythm
Some of us act like they had women Gats in the abdomen back when the fact is them cats
They didn't have nuttin
For certain I'm sure it's fiction but for some
The purest diction Insures their jurisdiction
 I'm kicking it up a level trying to stay in the red
 Some stay in the bed, zombie
Like the Day of the Dead With decay in the head
Playin' instead of stayin' ahead
Steadily portrayin' celebs, delayin' the inevitable
When some come round
They run down when they touch ground
They climb up the structures unsound
Some of you like the way my words caress tracks
While some of these politicians secretly suppress facts

5/5
Produced by DJ Nu-Mark

13. DDT feat. Kool Keith - No beat here, just Kool Keith spitting bar after bar. Flow is amazing.. Seeing as how its only 42 seconds theres not much to rate.. X/5

14. One Of Them feat. JuJu - Probably my least favourite track off the album, the beat is alright, but imo most of the mcs on this sound weak, especially Marc 7's first verse. I really don't like JuJu's verse that much either.. voice sounds wack.. Zaakir's last verse is alright.  3/5
Produced by JuJu

15. Hey feat. Boy Wonder - Zaakir comes off the best on this track with several verses from him adding to the track. Flow from him is really dope. The others all sound pretty good aswell and make the chorus sound good.. again, just another dope track adding to the album... 4/5
Produced by SA-RA Creative Partners

16. I Am Somebody - I usually skip this track but none the less, the beat is pretty dope and all mcs sound good and make an alright chorus. Just adds a bit more dopeness to the cd.. 4/5
Produced by Cut Chemist

17. Acetate Prophets - Playing my copy, it says this track is from a bonus dvd, not too sure though. Anyways no mc'ing on this one, just 6 and a half minutes of several straight dope beats from both djs of J5. Make sure you check this track out if its not on your copy.. 5/5
Produced by DJ Nu-Mark & Cut Chemist

OVERALL.. J5 did a really dope job on this album. In my opinion its better than Quality Control and more variation. Quality Control is dope dont get me wrong, but after a while it sounds a bit the same, this album mixes it up a bit and J5 make it sound fun.  One of the best albums from 2002 definetly...  4.75/5

P.S. next review .... Hieroglyphics - 3rd Eye Vision
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 02:38:33 PM by whenbramisondamic »

dray

Re: Jurassic 5 - Power In Numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 01:19:04 PM »
good review. i also thought that this was a very good album.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 02:53:59 PM »
thanks

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 11:22:19 AM »
nice review

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 01:04:49 PM »
Thanks, once again.

Been slacking off a bit lately though, hiero review should be up soon..

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 02:25:38 PM »
coo, yo could u hook up those two cd's in ur sig? mr lif is dope i got a track of him ft. del

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 03:00:34 PM »
I only have a few tracks from him, one of them really really dope, lootpack, i have the whole album if you want them.. uh do you have msn?