Author Topic: Your predictions for 2005  (Read 574 times)

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
Re: Your predictions for 2005
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 01:18:15 PM »

instead of good ole chuck taylor resurrectin the west as 1nce thought... og ras kass puts a foot in the rap game's ass and carries the west on its back..

atlanta will continue to keep the rap game on lock... with that luda/jon/usher project..also outkast and the dungeon will continue to elevate game

z-ro and lil flip's king of the south project will squash all the chatter ti is doin ..and show tipper he still got clout and h-town a couple of the niggas ti name droppin on tracks...are actually not feelin the disses..

dj quik's album will be slept on

50 and jada's beef will blow up and it will get deeper than the shit with stuart little

remy martin, olivia,and jean grae all get throat babies from the all american gangsta

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2004, 01:43:24 PM »
royce da 5'9" album wit the nottz production will be huge, he will finally get the attention and respect that he deserves
canibus could blow up pretty fuckin big im thinkin seeing as he went to war like right when his last album came out so if he has some time he could def open some eyes
game is a tight mc his shit is hot, i think hes the man and am gonna be coppin his disc, but i dont think hes gonna be as big as everyone thinks.  maybe he will sell 3 mill tops.  then again i dont live on the west coast so obviously he could do much more numbers, but i dont see him eclipsing more than 400k the first week.
50 album gonna go plat a few times.  not gonna be as good or as big as get rich

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2004, 02:13:53 PM »
another wack ass year full of club songs and love songs

Sadly, this is probably the truest statement of 'em all....

I predict that Snoop is gonna hook back up with some Dr. Dre beats.

Also, that Bone comes back together and releases an album, not affiliated in any way with Ruthless. 

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2004, 03:42:01 PM »
i dont think anyone else mentioned him...i think Saigon will drop a banger...and Little Brothers debut for Atlantic records will draw some more attention to the Justus League...

thats about it...its too hard to predict what will happen next year...who would've predicted all the shit that happened this year...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

davida.b.

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2004, 07:07:26 PM »
Saigon and Little Brother will blow up
DITC will to, if the reunion happens that year, of course
The final Wu Tang Clan album will definatly sell big time
A rapper we all know and love is going to die
Aftermath will be running the rap game
ODB's Roc A Fella album will go either gold or platinum
Death Row will continue to blackball it's artists, and if an album from Tha Row does get released, it will go wood.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 07:09:21 PM by david "Dirt Dog" a.b. »

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2004, 12:59:17 AM »

You forget Eminem ;)... Well I think he'll lose more respect ("lose yourself", hahaha ;)).. We might have forgotten him end 2005... :)

lmao, yeah we just forget him during a year, give me a break ::)

Thirteen

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2004, 01:12:07 AM »
more delays and cancelations

and more shit storms

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2004, 01:51:27 AM »
I just hope The Game and DJ Quik come out with some bomb ass records. And it wouldn't be a bad thing if we heard some new classic Warren G shit - but that's wishful thinking.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2004, 03:11:48 AM »
Immortal Technique will NOT blow up, as much as we would like him to.

The Game will sell about 2x plat, not be huge like 50.

Dr.Dre releases Detox, and it's somewhat of a disappointment for westcoast fans, but the nation loves it.

Canibus, Royce, Chino, Pharoahe, The Roots, all release tight albums and are slept on.

Slim Thug blows up, god how much i hate him.

G-Unit releases another successful album.

Just Blaze becomes the most influential producer in HipHop.

Daz gets shot, but doesn't die.

Kurupt drops near end of 2005, flops majorly.

Snoop Dogg sips on alize sitting on his ass with a fat blunt enjoying his success off R&G

Camron and DipSet disappear into obscurity

Chingy, Lil Flip, TI, Cash money, Lil Wayne, and some other motherfuckers continutue to be big like they have been

Eminem retires, about fucking time

More wack party songs which introduce new slang words such as "spunky", her ass goes "swoosh", "slappa clapp", etc.

DJ Quik flops, SAS Flops

Ras Kass records a half ass decent album, trying to blow up again

No new talents emerge

and finally...

Rap is slowly dying, drowning in its' own filth

My prediction for next 3::: ----- UK rock (Franz Ferdinand, White Stripes, Muse, Strokes, etc.) take over American radio stations, Hip-hop is no longer the most popular music

"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2004, 05:53:33 AM »
50 releases his LP gonna sound good ( 50 steps hsi lyrics up on emand re production) production will be off the chain, album blows prolly sells as much as grodt
Game's album will have dope production, nice lyrics will sell good prolly as much as xzibit's restless, like 2 or 3 plat
obie might release an album late 2005 will get better recognition, he deserves it any ways
pharoah monch hopefully releases his LP on shady ( he is signed) with features from mos, talib and common hopefully
green lantren will release his album and it will go gold maximum which is good 4 a dj
busta and eve will most likely be delayed till late 2005 or 2006
common's album wont sound as good as every one is expecting but will still be better than most of every one's album
50 beefs will escalate with D block and TS, prolly will crush TS quickly but will have to call for his crew help against D block
luda will release anothersuccessful album and will keep getting bigger and run bigger business
scarface's geto boys album will be average every one's gonna call it a classic and it wont sell much
yayo's album will be good, cant see him selling much though
rass kass might sign with shady or maybe even aftermath, or maybe dre might help xzibit get out of his contract and signs them along with saafir and golden state project (i hope so)
SAS will flop
QUIK will get recognition cause of his affliation but wont sell
DIP set will keep releasin albums on koch and making money
D- block will keep doin their thing on mixtapes and will prolly be busy with G unit's beef
Jay-z will have some big changes in the game, maybe we will see his album with dre as a joint venture with defjame/interscope..u never know
G unit west prolly wont work cause its nuthin but trouble
the west will remain underground.... even xzibit flopped
south will keep dominating the charts
nas and 50's beef might get big ( i hope) 50 will prolly harm him like jay did but at the end nas will write another ether and will crush 50
papoose wont blow up
canibus wont blow
saigon wont blow
crooked i will keep fighting suge and wont blow
lil wayne will mature as a lyricist
cash money will keep doin money
juve will disapear
chingy will go back 2 luda crying
nelly will release an album late 2005

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2004, 08:23:44 AM »
50 cent will release another album and it will have the same effect it had before....the world loves it but the hip hop heads hate it

dr dre will push detox to 2006

little brother, immortal technique, canibus, royce, pharoahe, etc....will NOT blow up....EVER (dont get me wrong i love all of the but they arent exactly radio friendly)

another rapper will do something insanely stupid and end up sentenced to 5+ years in prison

nas will release the lost tapes vol 2....will be slept on by the mainstream....loved by the underground

jay-z will release another album in an effort to bring some sales to the rocafella label which he now owns...

eminem will quit all beefs and drop off the face of the earth for about 6 months before releasing an incredible album to make up for encore

the UK music scene will start taking over the radio....snow patrol, franz ferdinand, muse

the world will continue to praise artists like 50 cent, chingy, nelly, j-kwon, etc... as 'good' artists....and not pay any attention to the ones with real talent.

Elevz

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2004, 03:59:02 AM »
Well... I actually expect hiphop to go back underground a bit. I don't give a fuck if the English rock scene takes over, I don't listen to radiostations anyway so they can't bother me with that. It'll actually be good for hiphop to get rid of the mainstream status. Maybe one day artists like Eminem will get to drop another good album. Don't expect him to "make up for Encore" in 6 months from now though. It'll take him years before he'll drop a new album.

I don't really know about the underground talents getting a chance to shine. Most likely it'll be some new Nelly-style artists stepping up and taking over 2005.

And as for the 50 Cent case... Those beefs will definately be interesting and they probably will change the game somewhat. Thing is, I can't just see 50 flopping. He'll go at least 3 times platinum, no matter how bad the album is. And most likely, it'll be a pretty solid album anyway.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2004, 05:38:25 AM »
luke i hope your right about the eminem thing.. and yes.. detox will be pushed back to either very late 05 or 06

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2004, 06:46:47 AM »
Royce won't blow up and neither will Immortal Tech. That's pretty much an illusion IMO

D-12 might try to make some noise, but are gonna bore everybody

Eminem realizes how weak Encore was and takes a new route (that's optimistioc, but i think chances ain't that slim)

Wu-Tang will make a lot of noise and come up with a good last album (RIP ODB)

G-Unit members will fall victim to their dumbness

50 will drop an album that gets less respect from the community than GRODT, and won't sell AS much, but still alot

Little Brother will come tight, but the masses will still sleep on em

9th Wonder and Alchemist will be two of the hottest producers

IF Detox drops, this board will be disappointed, same as most hiphop heads

Kanye's new album will be big, but worse than College Dropout

Slim Thug might blow up, Saigon too if he don't end up the next Joe Budden, Guerilla Black prolly won't

Game will only blow up in the US

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2004, 08:18:47 AM »
everlast will return to his roots and drop the illest album of all time.
chip fu is ressurected after his dope joint on ali shaheeds cd and drops the second illest album of all time