Author Topic: Hot Tip!!!!!!!!!  (Read 188 times)

Tha_Reverend

Hot Tip!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 10, 2002, 07:10:04 PM »
Yo, I was at this one dudes house today.  This cat is like in his 70's.  And he been collectin music for years.  He listens to all this classical and jazz and stuff like that.

well anyways, He was washin his cds.  yes, that's right, WASHING his cds.  He said by soaking them in soapy water, and then scrubing them wit a soft brush in a circular motion, it makes the sound A WHOLE LOT CLEARER.  He sayz that it helps cause the the acid from your fingers from handelin them so much and oxidation affects the clearity of the sound.  

He said he descoverd it by just doing it.  He never read it or nuthin.  He does it once a year.  He been doing it for years.

now, mind you, this guy been collectin music longer than all of us put together.  so, he knows what he talkin bout.  hope this helps some of yall.   peace. :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
Re: Hot Tip!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2002, 07:32:14 PM »
you know, you & that old cat are completely right.

I read exactly the same shit in one of my books for University the other day. I'm taking a compulsory computer subject where they teach you basic shit on how computer operate and how to use the most widely used software.

Anyway, there was a chapter on storage devices and they discussed Compact Discs. When talking about how to care for them they actually said the same thing. Hold on i'm a go and find it and copy the paragraph:

yeah here we go;

'you can clean the bottom surface of a compact disc with a soft cloth and warm water or a specilised CD cleaning kit...'

thats crazy, if i saw some cat washing my CD's before i knew this he would have been walking home with 2 black eyes.

happy CD baths!

CITY I RIDE FOR...