Author Topic: IMMORALITY: Lying/Manipulating, Stealing, Killing, Intoxication  (Read 233 times)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: IMMORALITY: Lying/Manipulating, Stealing, Killing, Intoxication
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 05:52:48 PM »
Christ said all sins are equal in the eyes of God.. I think it was around the time he was saving the adulterer. 

mauzip

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2004, 05:54:05 PM »
Christ said all sins are equal in the eyes of God.. I think it was around the time he was saving the adulterer. 

Just out of curiousity... killing and stealing apples are both sins. Why are they equal sins?

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2004, 06:05:31 PM »
He's referring to the eyes of God. To him a sin is a sin.

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2004, 09:09:52 PM »
Some of those sinful things don't really seem to be sins to me. I mean, glutton or sloth is hardly a terrible thing in my opinion. Murder,rape and adultery are the only really bad things. Lying isn't very severe in my eyes and neither is deceat or vanity. There are things far worse that might be done to you.

You don't even believe in God, so I wouldn't ask you to explain sin to me. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2004, 09:16:26 PM »

Just out of curiousity... killing and stealing apples are both sins. Why are they equal sins?

It's philosophical, man, and I don't see you as much of a philosopher... but... I'll waste my time anyways, hell I have nothing better to do.

Heaven, defined as the place the lord dwells in, is perfect, and as such has no evil or sin within it.  If you have committed sin or have done evil, you cannot dwell in heaven... because it would make heaven imperfect.  Imagine it as a clean white room with white carpet and white linen everywhere.  It's so great, everything's perfectly clean.  Now, if you walk in the room, covered in the sin of murder (Mud all over you)... you'd pollute the entire room, and the room would no longer be heaven, it'd be filthy.  As well, if you walked in the room with the sin of a lie on you, you may only have 1 small speck of dirt on the bottom of your shoe... the room would still be polluted, and would still make it 'not' heaven, and not perfectly clean. 

So all sins are equal; no sin, period, no matter how small can be allowed to enter Heaven.  The only way our sins are abolished is if someone is punished, fairly, for our sins and evil actions (and even thoughts)... since no human could be punished adequately to fairly compensate for our transgressions, the literal son of God, Jesus Christ, volunteered to be punished for all of us to fairly compensate our sins, out of love and grace for all of us on the earth, not just the people that believe, but everyone, even those that hate and despise him. 

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2004, 11:41:55 PM »
So if Jesus was already punished for our sins, why does it matter if we sin now?

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 02:40:40 AM »
^ You've found a plothole in the Bible :D
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

rafsta

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2004, 06:13:51 AM »

It's philosophical, man, and I don't see you as much of a philosopher... but... I'll waste my time anyways, hell I have nothing better to do.

Heaven, defined as the place the lord dwells in, is perfect, and as such has no evil or sin within it.  If you have committed sin or have done evil, you cannot dwell in heaven... because it would make heaven imperfect.  Imagine it as a clean white room with white carpet and white linen everywhere.  It's so great, everything's perfectly clean.  Now, if you walk in the room, covered in the sin of murder (Mud all over you)... you'd pollute the entire room, and the room would no longer be heaven, it'd be filthy.  As well, if you walked in the room with the sin of a lie on you, you may only have 1 small speck of dirt on the bottom of your shoe... the room would still be polluted, and would still make it 'not' heaven, and not perfectly clean. 

So all sins are equal; no sin, period, no matter how small can be allowed to enter Heaven.  The only way our sins are abolished is if someone is punished, fairly, for our sins and evil actions (and even thoughts)... since no human could be punished adequately to fairly compensate for our transgressions, the literal son of God, Jesus Christ, volunteered to be punished for all of us to fairly compensate our sins, out of love and grace for all of us on the earth, not just the people that believe, but everyone, even those that hate and despise him. 

thats a good explanation mayn... but jesus sacrificed himself to open the doors of heaven again, he gave the ability of sins forgivness, he didnt take all of our sins but...

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2004, 07:02:13 AM »
So if Jesus was already punished for our sins, why does it matter if we sin now?

As if you care, but James Chapter 2 explains it.

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all elementary theology, please don't attempt to slam basic topics of the bible which are easily defended.  Just read the bible, all the answers are right there. 

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2004, 11:11:04 AM »
Is that from the top of your head?
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2004, 03:26:58 AM »
ANyhone every see George Carlin's "Jammin in New York" ? He explains how the 10 commandments can all be squeezed down to one. It's funny as fuck and makes sense.

As for all sins being equally bad, that's just plain bullshit. I'm lazy all the time, does that make me as bad as a psychopath serial rapist?
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

RAP QUAKE

• Lil Geezy
  • Gangsta
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 08:35:22 PM »

Haha How Mormon of U Trauma...it reminds me of these LDS missionaries that came to my door a while back..interesting conversation ensued...but I personally don't believe and CANT believe that Jesus Christ really was that special, and that he was not born from a vagina, and that he HIMSELF took on all the sins of humanity it just sounds impossible and I know this is jjus pure belief so Im not trying to argue here, I guess Im jus begging to differ, haha.