Author Topic: Being strongly opinionated  (Read 270 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Being strongly opinionated
« on: December 23, 2004, 09:31:48 PM »
Is it a bad thing to be strongly opinionated? Lately, I've been catching a lot of flack from fascists that don't like me speaking my mind. Personally, I feel that if you believe in something it should be very strong opinions whether it be politics, religion, psychology, music, movies, whatever. I get complaints that I'm too opinionated, and things that I don't have strong opinions on I tend not to talk about, because I dont feel strongly enough about them. To me, if you feel for something follow it through, but maybe I'm just a rarity nowadays.

Drop thoughts.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

Re: Being strongly opinionated
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 09:53:05 PM »
People have different types of personalities, yall may not believe it, but as a Libra, I see both sides of every story and situation pretty clearly, so it's hard for me to make up my mind on how I feel about something. 

So I don't think it's right or wrong to be opinionated, I'd lean more towards thinking it's an admirable trait that someone has a stoic belief, no matter what it is.  If someone believes something I totally disagree with, I'm usually more likely to respect them than if they appear hypocritical or appear to change their mind or have beliefs that are inconsistant with what they've said in the past.

In the end though, everyone is hypocritical, so it doesn't really matter, I try not to take things to seriously. 

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 02:07:52 AM »
People have different types of personalities, yall may not believe it, but as a Libra, I see both sides of every story and situation pretty clearly, so it's hard for me to make up my mind on how I feel about something. 

So I don't think it's right or wrong to be opinionated, I'd lean more towards thinking it's an admirable trait that someone has a stoic belief, no matter what it is.  If someone believes something I totally disagree with, I'm usually more likely to respect them than if they appear hypocritical or appear to change their mind or have beliefs that are inconsistant with what they've said in the past.

In the end though, everyone is hypocritical, so it doesn't really matter, I try not to take things to seriously. 

dude you really live in an alternate reality.  you see both sides pretty clearly? then why don't u use ur amazing powers to understand all sides, and make great decisions to actually get yourself a reasonable job? 

and lol @ "as a Libra...." what the fuck does that mean? i thought u went to school for psychology not astrology.

also lol @ stoic beliefs... nice attempt to use a complicated word and fail miserably. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 08:53:29 AM »
Merry Christmas!

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 08:54:42 AM »
it's not a bad thing as long as you see both sides of the medallion

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 11:02:07 AM »
It's definitely not a bad thing. Everybody's different and that's a beautiful thing. I wish I were more opiniative at times.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

rafsta

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2004, 07:16:26 AM »
being stronly opinionated usually alienates ppl, its good tho coz the friends u have are real and the best friends you'll have, the rest are aquantances or enemies...

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2004, 09:40:06 AM »
People do not have enemies, they only make people their enemies.  Personally, I have no enemies. 

rafsta

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 01:55:54 PM »
i dont have enemies, theresonly one or two ppl i wanna kill, the rest i really hate and they hate me... nothin i ccan do about it...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 02:11:47 PM »
i dont have enemies, theresonly one or two ppl i wanna kill, the rest i really hate and they hate me... nothin i ccan do about it...

LMAO
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin