Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly Wins Misinformer of the Year Award  (Read 207 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bill O'Reilly Wins Misinformer of the Year Award
« on: December 24, 2004, 02:02:03 AM »
See:

http://mediamatters.org/items/printable/200412230006

_____

My favorite example of why Bill O'Reilly is an asshole:

From the June 1 edition of FOX News Channel's The O'Reilly Factor:

O'REILLY: In an article in 1995, Soros' father was dying. And Soros wanted him to kill himself with the help of a doctor. And Soros' father would not kill himself. Here's what Soros said quote to "The New Yorker." "I was kind of disappointed in him. I wrote him off." His own dying father. This is what kind of guy this is.

When this is actually what Soros said... taken directly from the New Yorker:

W]hile Soros' philanthropy has led some people to view him as an altruist or a Robin Hood (characterizations that he says are off the mark), he seems to feel that his father was more the genuine article: someone who was truly nonmaterialistic, charging those who could pay for his services -- he was a lawyer -- and working free for those who could not; who was outgoing and focussed [sic] on others; who derived his greatest pleasure from helping people directly (and, in fact, saved many lives during the Nazi occupation).

Now, however, Soros told his audience [during a speech at Columbia University's College of Physicians & Surgeons in late November 1994] that his father, terminally ill, had agreed to an operation, "but he didn't want to live after the operation if his personal integrity was invaded. And, unfortunately, that's what happened. But then he wanted to live."

Speaking haltingly, Soros said, "I was kind of disappointed in him. I wrote him off." A few weeks later, he added, his father died, "I was there when he died, yet I let him die alone. I saw him, but didn't touch him. The next day, I went to the office, but I didn't tell people he had died. I was, in a way, denying his dying."

________

And the best example of why Bill O'Reilly is a moron:

Radio and TV host Bill O'Reilly told a caller on his June 10 radio show, "We [the United States] have a trade deficit with everybody, because everybody wants our stuff, and we're not wild about snails"

LOL not only is that statement an astonishing display of arrogant prejudice, but its also amazingly stupid, as almost everyone understands that a trade deficit implies you buy more from other countries than they buy from you. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Bill O'Reilly Wins Misinformer of the Year Award
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 06:34:02 AM »
Everything about this guy is obsessive. He speaks with an obnoxious cadence and rhythm, careful to chant the same handful of phrases over and over again. His entire repertoire of insults range from the versatile "ideologue" (oh no, don't call me an advocate of a particular ideology, anything but that! Dumbass), to "demonizer," and "ridiculous." In fact, he repeats these phrases on his show, "The O'Reilly Factor," so many times, you could play a game of Bingo while tuned in. Simply print out the following sheet and mark a square each time he does or says anything listed. You win when you get 5 in a row (horizontal, vertical or diagonal):

Bill O'Reilly gets a major chubby every time he says the phrase "fair and balanced." That's my theory anyway, otherwise he wouldn't say it in spite of the fact that FOX News' slogan is: "we report, you decide." I love that slogan, because it makes me feel empowered. They report, I DECIDE! Wow, it's almost as if I'm being reminded that I still have the capacity for critical thinking, but only insofar as I tune into their network for the delightful and not gruesome Gretta Van Susteren. Here's a quick question to the executives at FOX News (because I know you assholes will eventually read this): why do you keep calling yourselves "fair and balanced?" Shouldn't we DECIDE whether or not you're "fair" and/or "balanced"? Is it even possible to be fair and unbalanced? Just let it go, it's not witty, it's not clever. It's not even catchy. Let it go.

Source: http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=bill_oreilly
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 11:08:41 AM »
Everything about this guy is obsessive. He speaks with an obnoxious cadence and rhythm, careful to chant the same handful of phrases over and over again. His entire repertoire of insults range from the versatile "ideologue" (oh no, don't call me an advocate of a particular ideology, anything but that! Dumbass), to "demonizer," and "ridiculous." In fact, he repeats these phrases on his show, "The O'Reilly Factor," so many times, you could play a game of Bingo while tuned in. Simply print out the following sheet and mark a square each time he does or says anything listed. You win when you get 5 in a row (horizontal, vertical or diagonal):

Bill O'Reilly gets a major chubby every time he says the phrase "fair and balanced." That's my theory anyway, otherwise he wouldn't say it in spite of the fact that FOX News' slogan is: "we report, you decide." I love that slogan, because it makes me feel empowered. They report, I DECIDE! Wow, it's almost as if I'm being reminded that I still have the capacity for critical thinking, but only insofar as I tune into their network for the delightful and not gruesome Gretta Van Susteren. Here's a quick question to the executives at FOX News (because I know you assholes will eventually read this): why do you keep calling yourselves "fair and balanced?" Shouldn't we DECIDE whether or not you're "fair" and/or "balanced"? Is it even possible to be fair and unbalanced? Just let it go, it's not witty, it's not clever. It's not even catchy. Let it go.

Source: http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=bill_oreilly

Funny shit
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 05:20:35 PM »
id love to see bill get the shit beat outta him on the streets or anywhere.