Author Topic: Conservative students target liberal profs  (Read 162 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Conservative students target liberal profs
« on: December 25, 2004, 07:34:20 PM »
Conservative students target liberal profs

By JUSTIN POPE
AP EDUCATION WRITER

Traditionally, clashes over academic freedom have pitted politicians or administrators against instructors who wanted to express their opinions and teach as they saw fit. But increasingly, it is students who are invoking academic freedom, claiming biased professors are violating their right to a classroom free from indoctrination.

For example, at the University of North Carolina, three incoming freshmen sued over a reading assignment they said offended their Christian beliefs.

In Colorado and Indiana, a national conservative group publicized student allegations of left-wing bias by professors. Faculty received hate mail and were pictured in mock "wanted" posters; at least one college said teacher received a death threat.

And at Columbia University in New York, a documentary film alleging that teachers intimidate students who support Israel drew the attention of administrators.

The three episodes differ in important ways, but all touch on an issue of growing prominence on college campuses.

In many ways, the trend echoes past campus conflicts - but turns them around. Once, it was liberal campus activists who cited the importance of "diversity" in pressing their agendas for curriculum change. Now, conservatives have adopted much of the same language in calling for a greater openness to their viewpoints.

Similarly, academic freedom guidelines have traditionally been cited to protect left-leaning students from punishment for disagreeing with teachers about such issues as American neutrality before World War II and U.S. involvement in Vietnam. Now, those same guidelines are being invoked by conservative students who support the war in Iraq.

To many professors, there's a new and deeply troubling aspect to this latest chapter in the debate over academic freedom: students trying to dictate what they don't want to be taught.

"Even the most contentious or disaffected of students in the '60s or early '70s never really pressed this kind of issue," said Robert O'Neil, former president of the University of Virginia and now director of the Thomas Jefferson Center for the Protection of Free Expression.

Those behind the trend call it an antidote to the overwhelming liberal dominance of university faculties. But many educators, while agreeing students should never feel bullied, worry that they just want to avoid exposure to ideas that challenge their core beliefs - an essential part of education.

Some also fear teachers will shy away from sensitive topics, or fend off criticism by "balancing" their syllabuses with opposing viewpoints, even if they represent inferior scholarship.

"Faculty retrench. They are less willing to discuss contemporary problems and I think everyone loses out," said Joe Losco, a professor of political science at Ball State University in Indiana who has supported two colleagues targeted for alleged bias. "It puts a chill in the air."

Conservatives say a chill is in order.

A recent study by Santa Clara University researcher Daniel Klein estimated that among social science and humanities faculty members nationwide, Democrats outnumber Republicans by at least seven to one; in some fields it's as high as 30 to one. And in the last election, the two employers whose workers contributed the most to Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign were the University of California system and Harvard University.

Many teachers insist personal politics don't affect teaching. But in a recent survey of students at 50 top schools by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni, a group that has argued there is too little intellectual diversity on campuses, 49 percent reported at least some professors frequently commented on politics in class even if it was outside the subject matter.

Thirty-one percent said they felt there were some courses in which they needed to agree with a professor's political or social views to get a good grade.

Leading the movement is the group Students for Academic Freedom, with chapters on 135 campuses and close ties to David Horowitz, a one-time liberal campus activist turned conservative commentator. The group posts student complaints on its Web site about alleged episodes of grading bias and unbalanced, anti-American propaganda by professors - often in classes, such as literature, in which it's off-topic.

Instructors "need to make students aware of the spectrum of scholarly opinion," Horowitz said. "You can't get a good education if you're only getting half the story."

Conservatives claim they are discouraged from expressing their views in class, and are even blackballed from graduate school slots and jobs.

"I feel like (faculty) are so disconnected from students that they do these things and they can just get away with them," said Kris Wampler, who recently publicly identified himself as one of the students who sued the University of North Carolina. Now a junior, he objected when all incoming students were assigned to read a book about the Quran before they got to campus.

"A lot of students feel like they're being discriminated against," he said.

So far, his and other efforts are having mixed results. At UNC, the students lost their legal case, but the university no longer uses the word "required" in describing the reading program for incoming students (the plaintiffs' main objection).

In Colorado, conservatives withdrew a legislative proposal for an "academic bill of rights" backed by Horowitz, but only after state universities agreed to adopt its principles.

At Ball State, the school's provost sided with Professor George Wolfe after a student published complaints about Wolfe's peace studies course, but the episode has attracted local attention. Horowitz and backers of the academic bill of rights plan to introduce it in the Indiana legislature - as well as in up to 20 other states.

At Columbia, anguished debate followed the screening of a film by an advocacy group called The David Project that alleges some faculty violate students' rights by using the classroom as a platform for anti-Israeli political propaganda (one Israeli student claims a professor taunted him by asking, "How many Palestinians did you kill?"). Administrators responded this month by setting up a new committee to investigate students complaints.

In the wider debate, both sides cite the guidelines on academic freedom first set out in 1915 by the American Association of University Professors.

The objecting students emphasize the portion calling on teachers to "set forth justly ... the divergent opinions of other investigators." But many teachers note the guidelines also say instructors need not "hide (their) own opinions under a mountain of equivocal verbiage," and that their job is teaching students "to think for themselves."

Horowitz believes the AAUP, which opposes his bill of rights, and liberals in general are now the establishment and have abandoned their commitment to real diversity and student rights.

But critics say Horowitz is pushing a political agenda, not an academic one.

"It's often phrased in the language of academic freedom. That's what's so strange about it," said Ellen Schrecker, a Yeshiva University historian who has written about academic freedom during the McCarthy area. "What they're saying is, 'We want people to reflect our point of view.'"

Horowitz's critics also insist his campaign is getting more attention than it deserves, riling conservative bloggers but attracting little alarm from most students. They insist even most liberal professors give fair grades to conservative students who work hard and support their arguments.

Often, the facts of particular cases are disputed. At Ball State, senior Brett Mock published a detailed account accusing Wolfe of anti-Americanism in a peace studies class and of refusing to tolerate the view that the U.S. invasion of Iraq might have been justified. In a telephone interview, Wolfe vigorously disputed Mock's allegations. He provided copies of a letter of support from other students in the class, and from the provost saying she had found nothing wrong with the course.

Horowitz, who has also criticized Ball State's program, had little sympathy when asked if Wolfe deserved to get hate e-mails from strangers.

"These people are such sissies," he said. "I get hate mail every single day. What can I do about it? It's called the Internet."

----

On the Net:

Students for Academic Freedom: http://www.studentsforacademicfreedom.org

American Association of University Professors: http://www.aaup.org/

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apus_story.asp?category=1110&slug=Academic%20Freedom

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Conservative students target liberal profs
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 07:46:44 PM »
Colleges and universities in America have been indoctrinating students with left wing, liberal thinking for decades. That is well known. But now that some groups are coming forward and actually demanding fairness and impartiality at these public institutions, and the liberals don't know how to react.

I say it is about damn time.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 07:47:51 PM »
I can't agree with the death threats and things, but some of this stuff has Merit.  The college I graduated from, last year expelled a student for the simple task of displaying a flag outside his dorm window.  No matter how many times the story was pursued, the only crime the kid committed was displaying an American flag out his window.  I'm not exagerating, or leaving anything out.  Hell, I can't even spell exagerating.  Anyways, they claimed he was insensitive to the people who may not be U.S. citizens.  This is in the heart of North Carolina, a U.S. State.  Makes absolutely no sense to me.  

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 07:58:25 PM »
My whole problem is just the idea of teaching opinion, in any fashion. If a teacher was teaching my class something I believe I'd still think it was wrong. People should form their own opinions through research.

I know this is in the US but Canada has very similar problems with regards to liberal teachers. My younger brother is in a class which teaches you about government systems, party policies, etc.... So, being a politically minded person, I asked him about it. His answer was that he was given an article on why Pierre Trudeau was the greatest Canadian Prime Minister, and then he had to write a report on it. Now I'm sorry, but that is wrong. If I was a teacher I would be crucified if I handed out articles about how Pierre Trudeau left a $300 billion debt and destroyed our military while simutaneously taking away from Quebec's civil liberties, etc..
That's my problem.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 08:14:18 PM »
I can't agree with the death threats and things, but some of this stuff has Merit.  The college I graduated from, last year expelled a student for the simple task of displaying a flag outside his dorm window.  No matter how many times the story was pursued, the only crime the kid committed was displaying an American flag out his window.  I'm not exagerating, or leaving anything out.  Hell, I can't even spell exagerating.  Anyways, they claimed he was insensitive to the people who may not be U.S. citizens.  This is in the heart of North Carolina, a U.S. State.  Makes absolutely no sense to me. 

If that's true is absurd, but I think you are making bullshit up.  I doubt that happened at your college, it is probably a conservative myth that was spread to make people feel better. 

The spin in this argument is almost comical.  How about instead of saying: the majority of the professors voting democrat proves that the academic system is biased and corrupt, you say the fact that most academics are either independent or democrat proves that republicans have issues that need to be addressed.

I live in rural America where so-called conservatives dominate the radio.  If you turn on talk radio your going to get Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, or some local republican nutcase.  If college professors voting democrat are an issue, then pseudo-conservative domination of the airwaves is bigger one, but I don't see anyone complaining about this.  The truth is, modern day conservatives only complain about the issues that affect them, and having no problem holding double standards when they are to their benefit.  The reason why most college professors vote democrat quite simply is because the republican party is dominated by racists, bigots, and incompetent failures. 

Look at the past four years, look at the reaction of the typical bush voter to criticism, and look at the republican party to find out that this is the truth. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 02:19:57 AM »
^LOL the reason why people don't complain about rush and all them conservatives on radio is because the media is HEAVILY left wing, the only people complaining about the media being biased is the conservatives.lol

on tv aswell , you got CNN, MSNBC, FOXNEWS, CBS NEWS, and ABC news as the major news outlets

out of the 5 only 1 is prodominantly right winged

(on a side note isn't it ironic that fox news is heavily right winged but their programming is the most liberal, and abc and cbs news are prdominantly left winged but their programming is the most conservative,lol, i found that ironic and funny)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 01:47:28 PM »
^LOL the reason why people don't complain about rush and all them conservatives on radio is because the media is HEAVILY left wing, the only people complaining about the media being biased is the conservatives.lol

on tv aswell , you got CNN, MSNBC, FOXNEWS, CBS NEWS, and ABC news as the major news outlets

(on a side note isn't it ironic that fox news is heavily right winged but their programming is the most liberal, and abc and cbs news are prdominantly left winged but their programming is the most conservative,lol, i found that ironic and funny)

The media reports the news.... conservatives call the news liberal because it unfortunately disagrees with their worldview.  Its not liberal or conservative to report the truth.  Fox on the other hand has a history of intentionally reporting false stories.  They ran fake interviews with John Kerry during the 2004 campaign, they frequently cite nobodies and call them 'experts.'  Conservative radio hosts are asshole that lie.   Rush Limbaugh for example, told his listeners to stop being so upset over Abu Graib, all the troops were doing were having fun he said. 

The only one's complaining about the news are conservatives, because modern day conservatives hate the truth.  You can't be a modern day conservative and still ackowledge reality. The Progam International Policy Attitudes ran a study a few months ago showing Bush voters were more out of touch with reality than Kerry voters.  The reason being, you don't have to ignore reality to vote Democrat, but you obviously do to support Bush.  His actions not only contradict christian values, but they contradict conservative values, and if you follow what's happening in the world, they aren't making the U.S. a better or safer place, and they certainly aren't makign the world a better or safer place.  But go listen to Rush, and Fox, and they will lie to you and tell you everything is going grreat, and you will believe it, and appreciate them for allowing you the luxury of a fucked up worldview.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 02:05:17 PM »
^yeah that's something I noticed too, when conservatives are calling truth "liberal propaganda" and shit.

also funny when neocons dont want no information, because most likely information is "liberal propaganda" which leads to reasons not to read it so guys like Trauma can sleep at night.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 02:09:44 PM »
by the way, talking about media

The fourth branch of the government AKA the media
Seems to now have a retirement plan for ex-military officials
As if their opinion was at all unbiased
A machine shouldn't speak for men
So shut the fuck up you mindless drone!
And you know it's serious
When these same media outfits are spending millions of dollars on a PR campaign
To try to convince you they're fair and balanced <-- Fox
When they're some of the most ignorant, and racist people
Giving that type of mentality a safe haven
We act like we share in the spoils of war that they do
We die in wars, we don't get the contracts to make money off 'em afterwards!
We don't get weapons contracts, nigga!
We don't get cheap labor for our companies, nigga!
We are cheap labor, nigga!
Turn off the news and read, nigga!
Read... read... read...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 09:12:31 PM »

The media reports the news.... conservatives call the news liberal because it unfortunately disagrees with their worldview.  Its not liberal or conservative to report the truth.  Fox on the other hand has a history of intentionally reporting false stories.  They ran fake interviews with John Kerry during the 2004 campaign, they frequently cite nobodies and call them 'experts.'  Conservative radio hosts are asshole that lie.   Rush Limbaugh for example, told his listeners to stop being so upset over Abu Graib, all the troops were doing were having fun he said. 

The only one's complaining about the news are conservatives, because modern day conservatives hate the truth.  You can't be a modern day conservative and still ackowledge reality. The Progam International Policy Attitudes ran a study a few months ago showing Bush voters were more out of touch with reality than Kerry voters.  The reason being, you don't have to ignore reality to vote Democrat, but you obviously do to support Bush.  His actions not only contradict christian values, but they contradict conservative values, and if you follow what's happening in the world, they aren't making the U.S. a better or safer place, and they certainly aren't makign the world a better or safer place.  But go listen to Rush, and Fox, and they will lie to you and tell you everything is going grreat, and you will believe it, and appreciate them for allowing you the luxury of a fucked up worldview.

how quickly we forget cbs's fake documents on Bush.......there is a liberal bias in the media, that's fact,lol @ people trying to deny it.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 09:57:51 PM »

how quickly we forget cbs's fake documents on Bush.......there is a liberal bias in the media, that's fact,lol @ people trying to deny it.

CBS didn't fake documents on Bush, CBS was given forged documents as evidence and did poor fact checking, then admitted their mistake.... conservatives love stuff like this, because it allows them to hold onto their retarded worldview.  Its amazing how good you guys are are burying your head in the sand.  you use one mistake to ignore day after day of bad news about Bush.

Let me give you some reminders:

1. There are no WMD in Iraq
2. Bush choose to protect the Pharmaseutical industry.  Maybe you like paying extra for drugs, but I don't
3. Republicans ran an openly racist senator in the 2004 elections.  Republican have in recent years choosen to elect and re-elect openly racist senators.
4. Bush created a record deficit in 2003, and beat his record in 2004.  Meanwhile the U.S. dollar, because of the deficit, is at a record low versus the Euro.
5. Bush never vetoed a SINGLE spending bill during his first term.
6. To date over 1,300 american soldiers died in Iraq.  Around 10,000 has sustained serious injuries.
7. To date it is estimated as many as 100,000 iraqi civilians have died during the war.  Hundreds of thousands of sustained serious injuries, and many more have lost their homes.
8. The number of American deaths in Iraq grows each month.
9. Just last week insurgents were able to bomb and American mess hall killing 20 and injuring 60.
10.  Bush said we would be greeted with flowers in Iraq.
11.  Afghanistan has become the world's largest producer of opium since the invasion.

I could go on... but you'll just ignore it thats why your a republican. 

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004, 10:35:19 PM »
Ant.......like pretty much every other post you have ever made, your responses in this thread are  illogical, irrational, and just plain stupid. Just what exactly racist sentaors, Iraq, or opium in Afghanistan have to do with liberal bias at universities I will never know, but don't let me interrupt your hysterical rantings.

But as for your main point, there is a huge difference between conservative radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh on the radio and left wing college professors pushing their biases onto students at colleges and universities. Talk radio is market driven and only exists because there is a great demand for conservative viewpoints in the media, mainly because liberals dominate most other forms of media such as the newtworks (CBS) and newspapers (New York Times, LA Times). If no one wanted to hear these viewpoints, no one would listen and their stations would go out of business.

But liberal bias at colleges is different. Most universities are publically funded...and I sure as hell don't want my tax money going to have some aging hippie from the 60's pushing left wing ideology down the minds of naive, young students. The students in those situations are in no position to question the authority of their professors and unfortunately at the mercy of their wild left wing rantings.

It is funny how we hear so much about how important diversity is in college for a well rounded education. They usually mean racial and ethnic diversity. But what about intellectual diversity? Why do most polls show that about 85% of all college proffesors in the US voted for John Kerry? How can students be well rounded if they are only being given one side of the story? Unfortunately, liberals are very desperate these days and have to resort use colleges to push their liberal agenda.

PS About racist senators, the only racist senator I know is Sen. Robery Byrd, a Democratic senator from West Virginia who is a former member of the KKK and has been caught on tape calling black people the N word. For some reason though, the media never made a deal about that guy. Imagine if he was a Republican. Actually, when you think about it alot of prominent democrats have some shady pasts regarding race relations. Do we even need to go into the racial pasts of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2004, 01:49:00 AM »
Ant.......like pretty much every other post you have ever made, your responses in this thread are  illogical, irrational, and just plain stupid. Just what exactly racist sentaors, Iraq, or opium in Afghanistan have to do with liberal bias at universities I will never know, but don't let me interrupt your hysterical rantings.

But as for your main point, there is a huge difference between conservative radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh on the radio and left wing college professors pushing their biases onto students at colleges and universities. Talk radio is market driven and only exists because there is a great demand for conservative viewpoints in the media, mainly because liberals dominate most other forms of media such as the newtworks (CBS) and newspapers (New York Times, LA Times). If no one wanted to hear these viewpoints, no one would listen and their stations would go out of business.

But liberal bias at colleges is different. Most universities are publically funded...and I sure as hell don't want my tax money going to have some aging hippie from the 60's pushing left wing ideology down the minds of naive, young students. The students in those situations are in no position to question the authority of their professors and unfortunately at the mercy of their wild left wing rantings.

It is funny how we hear so much about how important diversity is in college for a well rounded education. They usually mean racial and ethnic diversity. But what about intellectual diversity? Why do most polls show that about 85% of all college proffesors in the US voted for John Kerry? How can students be well rounded if they are only being given one side of the story? Unfortunately, liberals are very desperate these days and have to resort use colleges to push their liberal agenda.

PS About racist senators, the only racist senator I know is Sen. Robery Byrd, a Democratic senator from West Virginia who is a former member of the KKK and has been caught on tape calling black people the N word. For some reason though, the media never made a deal about that guy. Imagine if he was a Republican. Actually, when you think about it alot of prominent democrats have some shady pasts regarding race relations. Do we even need to go into the racial pasts of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson?

If I  go point by point maybe it will be easier for you:

1. You said I ranted about a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with liberal bias.  First, I already addressed liberal bias, then I was address republican bias by reminding you and your fellow conservatives of your astonishgin propensity to bury your head in the sand and ignore reality.  Often you and your kind forget the kind of things I posted, but they are the truth, and they are obvious examples of republican incompetence.

2. Again, the conservative spin is to complain that "all the damn intellectuals are liberal hippies" but another possibility is intellectuals don't vote republicans because modern day republicans are corrupt, incompetent, and generally bad for america.  why should they vote for racist, incompetent, bigots, and why should they teach nonsense in their class rooms.  I learned conservative thought in school,  I read friedman, fukuyama, adam smith, hamliton, and the stuff they write definitely doesn't correlate to the stuff modern day conservatives preach.  you and your kind aren't conservatives really, you are republicans, and while the two used to be synoymns they no longer are. 

3.  You get too much of your information from conservative talk radio, and conservative news stations, that unfortunately lie to you.  thats why your post about Byrd was completely off base.  Its another example of you being spoon fed crap, and falling for it.  First, Senator Byrd is not racist, but, there are a number of racist republicans I can name off the top of my head:

- Strom Thurmond (deceased) - left the democratic party and became a republican because he opposed the democrats opposition to segregation. 

- Trett Lott - was head of the senate, until in 2002, he suggested the country would be better off had it remained segregated

- David Duke - former republican governor and senator, outspoken white supremacist

- James Hart - ran for senate in 2004 claiming there were 'favored races' and the way to improve our cities is to breed out the 'unfavored races'

4.  Robert Byrd never called a black person a nigger.  that is either a blatant lie on your part, or you being the victim of conservative misinformation.  Byrd called his KKK membership "an albatross I will always wear around my neck.  He became a democrat because he was ashamed of his racist past, and wanted to fight for civil rights.  He did once use the phrase "white nigger" while being interviewed, but he was criticizing white supremacists by implying they are hypocrites. 

5. You wanted to know why 85% of all college professors voted Kerry: he was the superior candidate.  Things will continue to get worse, and you will continue to stick your head in the sand, but if you ever came up for air, you would see that all your arrogant bigotry is helping no one. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 01:55:22 AM by Ant »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 01:37:58 AM »

CBS didn't fake documents on Bush, CBS was given forged documents as evidence and did poor fact checking, then admitted their mistake.... conservatives love stuff like this, because it allows them to hold onto their retarded worldview.  Its amazing how good you guys are are burying your head in the sand.  you use one mistake to ignore day after day of bad news about Bush.

Let me give you some reminders:

1. There are no WMD in Iraq
2. Bush choose to protect the Pharmaseutical industry.  Maybe you like paying extra for drugs, but I don't
3. Republicans ran an openly racist senator in the 2004 elections.  Republican have in recent years choosen to elect and re-elect openly racist senators.
4. Bush created a record deficit in 2003, and beat his record in 2004.  Meanwhile the U.S. dollar, because of the deficit, is at a record low versus the Euro.
5. Bush never vetoed a SINGLE spending bill during his first term.
6. To date over 1,300 american soldiers died in Iraq.  Around 10,000 has sustained serious injuries.
7. To date it is estimated as many as 100,000 iraqi civilians have died during the war.  Hundreds of thousands of sustained serious injuries, and many more have lost their homes.
8. The number of American deaths in Iraq grows each month.
9. Just last week insurgents were able to bomb and American mess hall killing 20 and injuring 60.
10.  Bush said we would be greeted with flowers in Iraq.
11.  Afghanistan has become the world's largest producer of opium since the invasion.

I could go on... but you'll just ignore it thats why your a republican. 

you can't deny the fact that the media is liberally biased, that is suuuuuuuuuuch a well known fact from newspapers, radio, to television...ect. the media as a whole is more Colmes than it is Hannity...the fact that you're denying this and trying to turn this into  a whole other argument about the bush administration is proof that you can not fully say that the media is biased so you have to take it to anther argument all together so you can beat your chest. lol

american media =left winged bias, fact!

and about cbs' 60 minutes getting those fake documents.......isn't a ligit news outlet like that suppose to investigate such stories BEFORE they put them out, especially shit as touchy as that and so close to an election? only someone who holds a bias or is careless would be quick to report something like that without FULLY investigating the authenticity . like you said Fox news does it , but deeeeeeeeeer they admit they are bias to the right........but somehow cbs is innocent in your eyes, please  ::)

again this is one piece of evidence that the media is bias to the left

all of those points about the bush administration are ALWAYS on the newsand beat to death, THAT very fact right there says that either the meida in america is Fair or is not bias toward the right like you're trying to indicate.......either way you have to eat your words ::in pimp laugh:: ehhhh haaaaaaaa

and for the record i am not a registered republican  :P
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 01:44:57 AM by BIGjakeDOGGYdogg »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 06:20:01 AM »
no your not a registered republican, but your a homely christian who probably thinks GWB is your savior.