Author Topic: DJ Funk Master Flex not playing 50 Cent's record  (Read 418 times)

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DJ Funk Master Flex not playing 50 Cent's record
« on: December 25, 2004, 10:40:53 PM »
On Tuesday night (December 21), 50 Cent stopped off at New York City's Hot 97 radio station to rap a bit with famed DJ, Funk Master Flex. During his time with

Flex, 50 talked about everything from his new album The Valentine's Day Massacre, the brief situation with a Nigerian rapper on an airplane, the love he has for cars and his overall bewilderment over Fat Joe and Jadakiss’ alignment with his rival Ja Rule for the "New York" record/video. Furthermore, 50 seemed to be confused at how Jadakiss could make a record with Ja Rule, even though Jada's label partner DMX had problems with Ja in the past and the fact that Fat Joe was blatantly supporting Ja Rule's last album (which predominantly attacked 50), Blood In My Eye.

In addition, the G-Unit leader presented Flex with an exclusive record entitled "Piggyback," in which 50 addresses some famous MCs. Consequently, after 50 left Hot 97's studios, Flex repeatedly told listeners, "I have a new 50 record that I'm going to play in a while." An hour passed by and fans still didn't hear Flex blast off the record. But yet Flex kept promising it.

Then another hour passed and still no record played. As fans scrambled to the phone lines to request the record, Flex finally told listeners - with only minutes remaining before the close of his show - that he was not going to play 50's record, as he had a change of heart.

Obviously fans that were craving the record were left to wonder why Flex left them hanging. And well, they received their answer Wednesday night (December 22), as Flex told listeners that it was a personal decision on his part not to play the record. He said if he says he wants non-violence in hip-hop, then he has to practice what he preaches and 50's track was the kind of record that can start some things. Flex closed the situation by saying, "I'm never going to play this record."

For your information though, here's what's known about 50's "Piggyback" cut: The record mentions Fat Joe, Jadakiss and get this... Kelis. That's right, 50 told Flex that a reference is made to Kelis essentially because she is guilty by association. That stems from the verbal jab that Nas (Kelis's fiancé) threw at 50 during the intro of his Central Park concert in NYC this past summer. Furthermore, we do know that 50 is currently debating whether or not to add this record to his album.

However, just by the preliminary noise and the fact that Flex decided not to spin this record because of its possible potential, if this cut does indeed make the album, there are bound to be words exchanged between some hip-hop heavyweights. What happens next with this record remains to be seen.

Sikotic™

Re: DJ Funk Master Flex not playing 50 Cent's record
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »
I guess 50 wants to be shot an even 10 times or somethin'.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 02:28:14 AM »

u know what.... did anyone ever think that flex might be giving 50 more publicity by banning it? ;)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 03:11:14 AM »
Yup, you're right. It's a fuckin publicity stunt
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Ruthless

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 03:18:31 AM »
Big ups to Flex for taking a stance, and following up through his actions. Maybe more people will follow in the future, and not be afraid to stick their necks out there.

You can't fool all the people all of the time
But if you fool the right ones, then the rest will fall behind

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 09:31:38 AM »

u know what.... did anyone ever think that flex might be giving 50 more publicity by banning it? ;)

i did

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 10:07:12 AM »
damn, i wanted to hear it  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

SGV

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 10:58:56 AM »
On Tuesday night (December 21), 50 Cent stopped off at New York City's Hot 97 radio station to rap a bit with famed DJ, Funk Master Flex. During his time with

Flex, 50 talked about everything from his new album The Valentine's Day Massacre, the brief situation with a Nigerian rapper on an airplane, the love he has for cars and his overall bewilderment over Fat Joe and Jadakiss’ alignment with his rival Ja Rule for the "New York" record/video. Furthermore, 50 seemed to be confused at how Jadakiss could make a record with Ja Rule, even though Jada's label partner DMX had problems with Ja in the past and the fact that Fat Joe was blatantly supporting Ja Rule's last album (which predominantly attacked 50), Blood In My Eye.

In addition, the G-Unit leader presented Flex with an exclusive record entitled "Piggyback," in which 50 addresses some famous MCs. Consequently, after 50 left Hot 97's studios, Flex repeatedly told listeners, "I have a new 50 record that I'm going to play in a while." An hour passed by and fans still didn't hear Flex blast off the record. But yet Flex kept promising it.

Then another hour passed and still no record played. As fans scrambled to the phone lines to request the record, Flex finally told listeners - with only minutes remaining before the close of his show - that he was not going to play 50's record, as he had a change of heart.

Obviously fans that were craving the record were left to wonder why Flex left them hanging. And well, they received their answer Wednesday night (December 22), as Flex told listeners that it was a personal decision on his part not to play the record. He said if he says he wants non-violence in hip-hop, then he has to practice what he preaches and 50's track was the kind of record that can start some things. Flex closed the situation by saying, "I'm never going to play this record."

For your information though, here's what's known about 50's "Piggyback" cut: The record mentions Fat Joe, Jadakiss and get this... Kelis. That's right, 50 told Flex that a reference is made to Kelis essentially because she is guilty by association. That stems from the verbal jab that Nas (Kelis's fiancé) threw at 50 during the intro of his Central Park concert in NYC this past summer. Furthermore, we do know that 50 is currently debating whether or not to add this record to his album.

However, just by the preliminary noise and the fact that Flex decided not to spin this record because of its possible potential, if this cut does indeed make the album, there are bound to be words exchanged between some hip-hop heavyweights. What happens next with this record remains to be seen.
Where's the hate?

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 01:34:48 PM »
^^I don't think there's any doubts about this being pathetic to the fullest

lol @ 50 still being an attention whore when he's already the biggest in hiphop

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 01:37:07 PM »
. Furthermore, 50 seemed to be confused at how Jadakiss could make a record with Ja Rule, even though Jada's label partner DMX had problems with Ja in the past and the fact that Fat Joe was blatantly supporting Ja Rule's last album (which predominantly attacked 50), Blood In My Eye.
Where's the hate?

lol the funny part is DMX can be seen in Ja Rule's new video "New York" right next to Jadakiss. 50 is an asshole lookin for attention like always.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 09:14:40 PM »
blabla

B-Blaze

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2004, 01:29:15 AM »
. Furthermore, 50 seemed to be confused at how Jadakiss could make a record with Ja Rule, even though Jada's label partner DMX had problems with Ja in the past and the fact that Fat Joe was blatantly supporting Ja Rule's last album (which predominantly attacked 50), Blood In My Eye.
Where's the hate?

lol the funny part is DMX can be seen in Ja Rule's new video "New York" right next to Jadakiss. 50 is an asshole lookin for attention like always.

I"ve never noticed that..i'd still like to see JADA rip 50 apart

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2004, 01:47:50 AM »
Bottomline, Nas will destroy 50, Jada will destroy 50, and Fat Joe and Ja Rule will... well... they'll be there somewhere dissing 50. But Jadakiss and Nas are way too much for 50 Cent to handle. The white boy and the good Doctor can't save you. In fact, if Nas has any disses to Dre, that would be interesting considering their peaceful past, with Dre working with Nas on It Was Written..., Eastcoast Killaz, Westcoast Killaz and the Firm. Em also respect both rappers, he never mentioned Ja Rule, or anyone else his partners had beef with, but his worked with both Nas and Jadakiss and has showed the upmost respect for them. So will 50 Cent be on his own with Banks, Yayo and Buck behind him and no one else, or will Dre and Em join in. We know Game will join in and support his general, but his too worried about blowing up to be caught in beef. His career is not like 50, it's not ready for beef of this level.

In the end, 50 maybe doing R&B tours with Joe at this rate. Nas is stronger than he was in 2001, and 50 is not as strong as Jay-Z was in 2001. Jadakiss is just a monster on the mic, and can battle with the best. I guess 50 Cent wants teh crown that's on Nas head, and the only one besides 50 that can claim a piece is Jada. The imagionary crown is worth so much in advertising and selling and marketing, that I guess the fight is on once again. At onetime the crown was to show who the city belong too, now it's being whored around 'cause everyone wants to be king instead of making music.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 07:57:54 AM »
maybe flex didnt get his check yet

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 11:19:10 AM »
Where's the hate?

hey baby g can you show a screen shot of dmx being in ja's new video... cuz I didn't see dmx, dragon yes but dmx???

---Hiphop Harted taking it back to where it Started---
2004s Number 1...