Author Topic: $50 million for 50 Cent  (Read 371 times)

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
$50 million for 50 Cent
« on: December 26, 2004, 12:53:05 PM »
this muthafucka is getting his hands in everything, soon to be an empire.

Sources close to 50 say 50 Cent's forays into fashion, entertainment and even beverages in the last 12 months or so generated income in the $50 million range. Here's a rundown of his ventures.

FOOTWEAR As part of a five-year deal with Reebok International, 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, introduced two new shoe lines this year: the Gxt cross-trainer sneaker (about $90) and the G-Unit boot (about $110). His earnings from the deal are estimated at more than $20 million so far.

RINGTONES 50 Cent struck a deal with the mobile-phone entertainment company Zingy Inc. to distribute voice ringtones, which sell for up to $2.99. A sample: "Ay yo what's up, yo this is the kid, 50 Cent man. Stop playin', you better answer!" The pact comes on top of the earnings he receives from selling ringtones of his songs.

FILM Trailing one of his mentors, Eminem, 50 Cent will star in a semi-autobiographical film. He will play a street hustler who turns away from a life of crime to take a crack at the music business. The film, which is to be released by Paramount Pictures and MTV Films, is being directed by Jim Sheridan, who was co-writer and director of the critically acclaimed "In America."

RECORD LABEL 50 Cent's G-Unit Records, a joint venture with Interscope Records, pumped out hits from his fellow rappers Lloyd Banks and Young Buck, whose albums sold more than 2.1 million copies. Young Buck's future has been clouded, however, since Santa Monica, Calif., police arrested him last month in connection with the stabbing of a man who punched Dr. Dre, the star producer and 50 Cent ally, at a music awards show.

VIDEO GAME 50 Cent has also reached a deal with the video game unit of Vivendi Universal, Interscope's corporate parent, to produce a software title to be released next year, likely around the debut of the film.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: $50 million for 50 Cent
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 12:58:24 PM »
Fuck a crown, this muthaphukka might just take over New York and pull a dictatorship.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 01:34:46 PM »
he'll go bankrupt & disappear before you know it

before you say its impossible: look at Mc Hammer
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 02:16:53 PM »
To all the people who say 50 aint the best rapper.. well 50 doesnt have to be a good rapper, he's a trademark already. He took the next step, all these unsuccessful rappers envy him for that.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 02:23:52 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

davida.b.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 02:21:37 PM »
he'll go bankrupt & disappear before you know it

before you say its impossible: look at Mc Hammer

I wouldn't be surprised. Lots of famous rappers have ended up being underground (Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz, Cap One, etc)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 04:09:41 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised. Lots of famous rappers have ended up being underground (Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz, Cap One, etc)

Those are your examples of "famous" rappers?  Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz had one hit song, and that's it.  Cap One?  I've never even heard of him.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 04:23:32 PM »
Fuck a crown, this muthaphukka might just take over New York and pull a dictatorship.

LOL

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 04:39:27 PM »
He took the next step, all these unsuccessful rappers envy him for that.

hell yeah, i'll be the first one to admit I'm a hater. and an unsuccessful rapper. i hate 50 because he has no real talent but the people love him. he came up like a bitch and was discovered by em and dre. they put him on, he couldn't do it himself.  as much as i hate 50 and g unit, i'm still bumpin the game tho.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 04:50:45 PM »
he came up like a bitch and was discovered by em and dre. they put him on, he couldn't do it himself.

How do you figure he came up like a bitch?
And just about everyone is "discovered" by someone.  Nas, Biggie, Snoop, etc.  I guess they couldn't do it themselves either?
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 05:35:06 PM »
And just about everyone is "discovered" by someone.  Nas, Biggie, Snoop, etc.  I guess they couldn't do it themselves either?

ohhhhh... sonned

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 07:55:33 PM »
50 million is great for an entertainer but in the business world it's hardly anything to get excited about. I'm not trying to down play it but don't expect him to be taking over any markets. It takes billions upon billions to do that. I mean the Stones and Springsteen each made more than that this year and just about every year they go on tour but they don't even make a dent in the business world. Mel Gibson put over 300 million in his pocket off of one movie. Universal and Warner aren't exactly shaking in their boots.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »
good for 50 :)

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2004, 12:11:52 PM »
woah, thats lot... he's so big that the name already sells, and all this with 1 album :o

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 12:44:38 PM »
good for him, i ain't hating, not a huge fan by any means but the cards he's been handed have been good...if he invests well he should be set, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

rafsta

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 12:53:25 PM »
invest ? you dont need to invest shit with 50 mill, ure set with that, i could die happily with 1 mill... LMAO if he invests he's set...