Author Topic: the war in Iraq Poll  (Read 159 times)

Thirteen

the war in Iraq Poll
« on: December 28, 2004, 08:27:08 PM »
from the people that actually matter, not some billionaires, not some politicians sitting in chairs, but by the people that are over there fighting

Military poll shows favor for Iraq war

Army Times
Dec. 27, 2004 12:00 AM

Despite a year of ferocious combat, support for the war in Iraq remains overwhelming among the active-duty military, according to the 2004 Military Times Poll.

Sixty-three percent of respondents approve of the way President Bush is handling the war, and 60 percent say it is worth fighting. Support for the war is greater among those who have served longest in the combat zone: Two-thirds of combat vets say it is worthwhile.

A year ago 77 percent said they thought the military was stretched too thin. This year 66 percent agreed. The poll's margin of error is 2.6 percentage points.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: the war in Iraq Poll
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 09:31:26 PM »
Nah, Mark cubans opinion matters more to me.

just kidding. That poll is very interesting to read, i never would have thought that the majority of troops agree with the war.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 10:01:51 PM »
The military historically supports war.  There has never been a war to my knowledger the majority of the military didnt support.  The fact that only 60% agree with how Bush is handling the war is more surprising than hearing the military supports the war.  The German military supported Hitler. Does that prove anything?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 10:06:13 PM by Ant »

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 11:14:33 AM »
I would hope that the majority support something that requires them to put their lives on the line.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 01:44:49 PM »
The military historically supports war.  There has never been a war to my knowledger the majority of the military didnt support.  The fact that only 60% agree with how Bush is handling the war is more surprising than hearing the military supports the war.  The German military supported Hitler. Does that prove anything?

wow your comparing Nazi army and hitler to the US army and Bush... ::)

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 02:04:01 PM »
Nah, Mark cubans opinion matters more to me.

just kidding. That poll is very interesting to read, i never would have thought that the majority of troops agree with the war.

thats coz they brainwashed too

Bomb-A®

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 08:43:42 AM »
they support theyre country in what it does...that doesnt necessarily mean they support the cause....its called patriotism

peace

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 10:54:40 AM »
they support theyre country in what it does...that doesnt necessarily mean they support the cause....its called patriotism

peace

yeah exactully

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 05:16:19 PM »

peace

yeah exactully
Yea and if it means executing 8 million Jews under a Nazi-Regime I support it because it's Germany man, and Im patriotic of course. Just following blindly everything my country does, because ey it's my country ya know?

People are dumb as fuck.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 05:21:42 PM »

Yea and if it means executing 8 million Jews under a Nazi-Regime I support it because it's Germany man, and Im patriotic of course. Just following blindly everything my country does, because ey it's my country ya know?

People are dumb as fuck.

Regular Germans werent aware that there were being 8 MILLION jews being killed, they knew something was up but not something that extreme.

Also, why the fuck do people keep comparing the Nazi Regime to current day US government and Army? WTF...shits irrelevent

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2005, 05:29:41 PM »

People are dumb as fuck.

Regular Germans werent aware that there were being 8 MILLION jews being killed, they knew something was up but not something that extreme.

Also, why the fuck do people keep comparing the Nazi Regime to current day US government and Army? WTF...shits irrelevent

Yea they didnt know shit and if they said shit they'd be executed in a minute themselves, and still were called Nazis by some morons, so what the fuck is up with calling Americans "patriotic" in a positive way if they support human rights violation and muslim genocide...

You people just trade humanity for patriotism, which is horrible.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2005, 05:53:02 PM »

Yea they didnt know shit and if they said shit they'd be executed in a minute themselves, and still were called Nazis by some morons, so what the fuck is up with calling Americans "patriotic" in a positive way if they support human rights violation and muslim genocide...

You people just trade humanity for patriotism, which is horrible.

LoL, your being a lil to extreme.

How can you call Americans supporters of Human Rights Violation and Muslim Genocide if we are giving almost 1,000,000,000 to South Asia, and most of that money is to Muslim countries like Indoniasia, which has the worlds largest muslim population in the world. 3/4s of the 1 billion we are giving, are from private donations meaning the people not the governement.

Correct me if im wrong but thats very patriotic, what Americans are doing.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 06:56:39 AM »
giving money to another country doesnt show patriotism

and there is a reason people keep comparing the present US administration to the Nazis....US is gonna do what they want even if its against what most of the world wants..and thats a scary thought.....so in a way this US admin is the closest thing to the nazi regime

peace

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 09:48:10 AM »
giving money to another country doesnt show patriotism

and there is a reason people keep comparing the present US administration to the Nazis....US is gonna do what they want even if its against what most of the world wants..and thats a scary thought.....so in a way this US admin is the closest thing to the nazi regime

peace

wow what a great comparison between the current  US adminstration to the Nazis ::)

Just because we are doing something that most of the world doent want we are the closest thing to the Nazi Regime who executed 8 Million people in Europe? Please! Stupidest shit ive heard in a while.

rafsta

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 09:53:32 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :psych: :eh: :yikes: :scarface: :loopaper: :nahnah: :sign_banhim: :sign_banhim: :sign_banhim: :sign_banhim: :sign_banhim: :sign_banhim: :sign_banhim: :sign_banhim: :sign_banhim: