Author Topic: Jae Millz MTV's First 'You Hear It First' Artist For 2005  (Read 94 times)

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jae Millz MTV's First 'You Hear It First' Artist For 2005
« on: January 04, 2005, 02:27:51 PM »
Is Jae Millz the next superstar to represent Harlem, New York? MTV thinks he will be.

The network will shine the spotlight on the rapper, presenting him as the first MTV News "You Hear It First" artist of 2005.

"You Hear It First" gives fans a look at emerging artists. Others who have been featured on the segment include Kanye West, Alicia Keys, Slim Thug, Little Brother and Anthony Hamilton.

Millz, who generated a strong industry buzz with the success of the track "No No No," has recently heated the streets with a new banger, "Streetz Melting," produced by Swizz Beatz. The single is catching on with deejays across the country.

Jae Millz full length debut album, Back To Tha Future, will be released on Wanna Blow Entertainment/Universal Records this Spring.

"I named it (the album) Back To Tha Future because I felt Hip Hop was missing Hip Hop," Jae says. "I'm going to take it back when the game was about Hip Hop - when it was about lyrics."

Production on he project includes tracks from Omen, Ron Browz, Scram Jones (who produced "No No No"), Emile, Swizz Beatz, and Heatmakerz, while guest appearances include TI, Swizz Beatz and Slim Thug.

"Making an album is comfortable, it's like your diary," Millz explained. "You don't even have to talk some bullsh*t, you can talk what you go through."

"As much as people want to hear you talk some funny sh*t and floss and front, they want to know what you go through and know that you're human," Millz said.

"They want to feel like you're on the same level as them. I try to put a lot of reality into my songs, and with this album I want people to understand that I can spit and I do the battles and freestyles and have fun, but I take my music very seriously."

what y'all think of this cat??

Elevz

Re: Jae Millz MTV's First 'You Hear It First' Artist For 2005
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 02:44:01 PM »
Ain't heard much from him lately but he never got to impress me. Maybe he's grown somewhat, but I don't think he'll ever blow up.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 05:09:02 PM »
i've heard of him...
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

davida.b.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 05:16:17 PM »
Yeah, Jae Millz is tight, I liked everything I've heard from this cat. Good too see that Slim Thug, Emile and Heatmakerz are gonna be on this album.

Smooth

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 09:05:50 PM »
lol only thing I know about dude is when him and Ness had that battle on Da Band, that shit was pretty fuckin tight!. Jae Millz has lyrics for days..
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 02:08:52 PM »
get some of his mixtapes...I just got The Statue last week of mIRC...Millz is nice...this outta be good...