Author Topic: Top 5 songs from each 2Pac album EVERYBODY MAKE A LIST!!!  (Read 282 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: Top 5 songs from each 2Pac album EVERYBODY MAKE A LIST!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 12:21:07 PM »
I burned myself a copy of the originals from UTEOT......sooooo much better than the retai. If they released it that way we coulda had another classic 2Pac album.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 03:48:07 PM »
I burned myself a copy of the originals from UTEOT......sooooo much better than the retai. If they released it that way we coulda had another classic 2Pac album.

I agree with you that most of the originals would have been better.  Except for All Out, but especially Unitl the end of time.  The O.G. version, IMO, was terrible.  The remixed version gives a different, darker vibe to the track.

I'm guessin' by the production that Ballad of a dead souljah and Letter to my unborn were the originals, correct?  Or were those remixed too?  They sound original.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 09:22:42 PM »

I agree with you that most of the originals would have been better.  Except for All Out, but especially Unitl the end of time.  The O.G. version, IMO, was terrible.  The remixed version gives a different, darker vibe to the track.

I'm guessin' by the production that Ballad of a dead souljah and Letter to my unborn were the originals, correct?  Or were those remixed too?  They sound original.

I definatly prefer the og's of All Out and the self titled song over the remixes, but to each his own.

Not sure if Ballad or Letter 2 My Unborn are the og's or not......they probably arent, but the og's havent been leaked as of yet so may never know for sure.

The og version of When Thugz Cry is one of my fav songs EVER.....the remix is ok but nowhere near the og.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 10:50:31 PM »

I definatly prefer the og's of All Out and the self titled song over the remixes, but to each his own.

Not sure if Ballad or Letter 2 My Unborn are the og's or not......they probably arent, but the og's havent been leaked as of yet so may never know for sure.

The og version of When Thugz Cry is one of my fav songs EVER.....the remix is ok but nowhere near the og.

Yeah, I agree with ya on the Thugz cry track.  But I really think that Ballad of a dead souljah is a 1996 beat.  I think they left that song untouched, especially cause 6 Feet Deep does the chorus and they recorded shit with Death Row back in '96.  I mean, they did keep some originals on here.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2005, 01:35:38 AM »
og or not, Ballad is certainly one of my fav cuts on there......Pac's delivery on that track is insane. The beat is definatly 96' sounding, but I think most of the songs on the album were made during the All Eyez On Me sessions (which actually took place in late 95')....It says they were made during his "Makaveli era" on the sticker on the cover, but Pac didnt really have a "Makaveli" era when you think about it. The 7 Day Theory sessions were the very last ones he recorded, the album was made in late August of 96' in 7 days, about 2 weeks before his death.

the cuts on UTEOT were probably all made somewhere between September of 95' and June of 96'.....except for maybe All Out and Fuckin Wit The Wrong Nigga which I believe were confirmed to be made just before the 7 Day Theory sessions took place.

I do know this much:

Mr. President - 7 Day Theory sessions
High Speed - 7 Day Theory sessions
The Good Die Young - 7 Day Theory sessions
Teardrops & Closed Caskets - 7 Day Theory sessions
Starin Through My Rear View - 7 Day Theory sessions
Made Niggaz - June of 96', around the same time as Hit Em Up
Lost Souls - July, 96'
Never Had A Friend Like Me - July 96'
Friends - 7 Day Theory sessions
Smile - July 96'
Soon As I Get Home - 7 Day Theory sessions

Even though Pac was only on the Row for a year, I consider him to have had two different time periods in that year, because his music changed greatly starting in around June of 96'........There's a very big difference in the sound of his songs he made between September of 95' to May/June of 96' then the songs he made in July and August. In the last 2 months of his life, he began to start writing some really mind blowing songs, and there was a sudden peak in his songwriting and lyricism not seen on All Eyez and the songs made around that time. July of 96' is where he began to change his sound, and in August, when he made 7 Day Theory, the new sound was in full bloom.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 01:54:49 AM by Hellrazor »

kenny23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2005, 06:24:26 PM »
2Pacalpyse Now
Part Time Mutha
Souljah's story
Trapped
Brenda's got a baby
If my homie calls

Stictly for my N.I.G.G.A.Z.
Keep ya head up
I get around
Papa'z song
Holla if ya hear me
Representin' 93

Me Against the World
If I die tonight
Heavy In the Game
Me Against the World
Death Around The Corner
Outlaw

All Eyes On Me
California Love
Can't C Me
2 Of America's Most
Shorty wanna be a thug
All Eyes On Me

Makaveli: The 7 Day Theory
To Live & Die In L.A.
Toss It Up
Hail Mary
Krazy
Hold Ya Head

R U Still Down
Hellrazor
Only fear of death
R U still down
Lie To Kick It
Do 4 Love

Still I rise
U Could Be Touched
Baby Don't Cry
Hell 4 A Hustler
Letter to the president
Teardrops & Closed Caskets

Until the end of time
Ballad of a dead souljah
Lil' Homies
Breathin
Happy Home
N**** Nature [Remix]

Better Dayz
F*** 'em All
Street Fame
My Block remix
Thugz Mansion
Fair Xchange remix

Loyal to the game
Uppercut
Who Do You Love
Don't You Trust Me
Crooked Nigga Too [Raphael Saadiq Remix]
Ghetto Gospel

peace

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2005, 06:34:53 PM »
too long to list

CLASSIC.... west is BACK