Author Topic: Samuel Jackson refuses movie with 50 cent.  (Read 741 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Samuel Jackson refuses movie with 50 cent.
« on: January 07, 2005, 08:49:50 AM »
I wonder if 50 cent will diss Samuel Jackson now?
I agree with him to a certain extent.

"SAMUEL L JACKSON has turned down the chance to work with one of his movie icons - because it's in a film starring 50 CENT.

The actor has always wanted to work with Irish movie-maker JIM SHERIDAN and was thrilled when he heard he was being targeted for a new film by the IN AMERICA director - and then he realised the role was opposite rapper 50 Cent in his movie debut.

The actor has been extremely vocal about sharing the stage with unproven actors, and felt he had to turn down Sheridan's offer.

He says, "Hollywood people tend to think that because one is successful in one aspect of entertainment they can bring them into this particular world and make a success out of them.

"They ask people like me to be in a film with those people that they are kind of headlining and your name ends up behind them.

"If you do that, it sanctions the fact that these people come into this world and you think they are worthy of you sharing your time on screen with them. I don't particularly think that.

"A month or so ago, someone called me about the 50 Cent movie and I'm like, 'What are you calling me for?' I don't even need to read that because that's not something I want to do.

"I like listening to 50 Cent and I can groove to his music but I don't want to groove to him on screen, just yet. Maybe if he does five movies and he shows some talent.

"I mean how does he get to work with Jim Sheridan and I don't. What is it about 50 Cent that makes Jim Sheridan say, 'I'd really like to make a movie with him.'"

Sikotic™

Re: Samuel Jackson refuses movie with 50 cent.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 08:53:56 AM »
50 Cent seems like he would be a terrible actor. Of course I don''t have too much proof. We gotta wait n see.

I don't blame Sam Jackson either.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 08:55:23 AM »
its obvious Samuel L Jackson is in a position where he can pick and choose what roles he does and doesnt want, for whatever reason...i dont blame him either...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 10:30:12 AM »
he has a point, i would prolly do the same if i was jackson, dont blaime him.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 10:36:12 AM »
why would a well respected actor want to taint his credibility? why did 50 get work with jim sheridan? jimmy iovine. aka the puppet master.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 10:39:48 AM »
Im not surprised at Samuel's whole opinion on this situation.Its understandable,tho there is nothing wrong in working with someone who's never played in a movie before.

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 10:50:19 AM »
jakson is a trained, proven, credible actor in the indrustry. i can see why he doesn't wanna work with 50

but i have no respect for actors. any one can act

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 11:15:58 AM »
I can see why he doesn't want to work with 50 cent..cause 50's a rapper..and have you seen the bad movies made by ja rule and dmx lol? and eminem's movie wasn't that good either.  ;D

But if this was about a REAL first time actor and not 50 cent, i bet Samuel would take the job. cause a first time actor has to start somewhere.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 11:40:38 AM »

I hope you're joking

That's like saying anyone can rap. I'd like to see Nas or Jay Z try to play Gregory Peck's role as Atticus Finch in "To Kill a Mockingbird". You think Eminem could've played Michael Corleone? Or Lil Jon play MacBeth?

Elevz

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 11:42:56 AM »
I really agree with Samuel Jackson, since 50 will never become a real actor. The biggest Q to me is... Why the hell does Jim Sheridan want to work with 50?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 11:53:22 AM »
wow im surprised everyone wasnt like "fuck samuel l jackson, he's a hater". anywho, he had a good point, allthough he did do a movie with Busta a few years back.

I know 50 is big right now but I dont know why people would want him in a movie. you can barley understand what he's saying on his songs.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2005, 12:11:38 PM »

lmao....no not anyone can act....can you honestly watch turn it up or fast and the furious and say ja rule is a good actor? or how about that old guy in saw? what a horrible actor...and usually that guy is good in other movies. arnold schwarzaneggar? horrible actor...only a success because he has a lot of muscle and acts in movies with a lot of explosions.  snoop dogg. nuff said.....you can't say "anyone can act" when there are crappy actors like those out there.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 12:56:36 PM »
Very few musicians can actually act...

I'd probably do the same thing if i was in sam jacksons position.

50 does seem like he'd be a horrible actor.

DEUCEHTX

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2005, 01:05:48 PM »
Can't really blame Jackson.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2005, 01:19:31 PM »
I cosign with the rest of yall. I don't blame Samuel Jackson at all.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels