Author Topic: U.S. Pays Commentator to Tout No Child Left Behind  (Read 522 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
U.S. Pays Commentator to Tout No Child Left Behind
« on: January 07, 2005, 05:48:44 PM »
WASHINGTON Jan 7, 2005 — The Bush administration paid a prominent commentator to promote the No Child Left Behind schools law to fellow blacks and to give the education secretary media time, records show.

A company run by Armstrong Williams, the syndicated commentator, was paid $240,000 by the Education Department. The goal was to deliver positive messages about Bush's education overhaul, using Williams' broad reach with minorities.

The deal, which drew a fast rebuke from Democrats on Capitol Hill, is the latest to put the department on the defensive for the way it has promoted Bush's signature domestic policy

___

Jonah Goldberg of the National Review:

Jonah Goldberg: "I think Armstrong Williams should give the money back.  I think he should probably be ashamed of himself for taking it.  I think the White House really screwed up ... all I can say is that if Bill Clinton had gotten caught giving Joe Conason a quarter of a million dollars to be flogging their policies, guys like me would have smoke coming out of our ears, and The Right would go crazy."

____

But according to the Education Department:

In a statement, the Department of Education said yesterday that it was an appropriate part of its efforts to explain its policy to "minority parents." The statement said: "The contract paid to provide the straightforward distribution of information about the department's mission and N.C.L.B. - a permissible use of taxpayer funds."

____

Well its nice to know we can rely on our government for fair and balanced criticism, of course, everyone who is aware of Bill O'Reilly understands the republican definition of fair and balanced is a little different than everyone else's definition. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 08:34:05 PM by Ant »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: U.S. Pays Commentator to Tout No Child Left Behind
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 08:12:53 AM »
As someone who works in the education field, I can honestly say, FUCK NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND. It doesn't work, and it's a pill of shit. I work in education. I know.

rafsta

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 09:00:39 AM »
^^^ what exactly is it ?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 10:33:05 AM »
No Child Left Behind is military-sponsored, and once students fail to achieve certain requirements, they are no longer eligible for certain financial aid. The next best thing after college of course, for these kids, is the military. Since it is a well-known fact that students who don't achieve "test scores" are mostly inner city minorities, this just goes to show you what this plan is doing. Remember the "Black Unit" in the South Park movie... well, let's just say they're trying to make our army look a lot like that.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 10:36:32 AM by *Jamal* »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 10:33:22 AM »
I've always thought No Child Left Behind was a good idea, it just needs more funding. Promoting accountibility is a great thing.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 02:42:38 PM »
As someone who works in the education field, I can honestly say, FUCK NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND. It doesn't work, and it's a pill of shit. I work in education. I know.

Of course people who work in the education field hate No Child Left Behind. Thanks to President Bush and the Republicans, for the first time ever teachers and school systems are going to be held accountable for the performance of students. If kids don't learn, you lose your job or your funding. It is a pretty basic concept, but Democrats have been fighting it for years because they are bought off by America's teacher unions, who don't want teachers to be held accountable for their job performance the same way any other person is held accountable at their job. When schools and teachers have to compete and produce, everyone wins...except for incompetent teachers and adminstrators

Another great part of NCLB is that it lets poor students that live in areas with bad schools to send their kids to better schools in different areas. It is easy for Democrats like John Kerry or Bill Clinton to oppose school choice  because they can afford to send their own children to the most expensive private schools in the world. But what about poor, inner city students that are stuck in a bad school system? The Democrats want them to be forced to go to that crappy school. Thankfully, President Bush knows there is a better way. No Child Left Behind is one of the reasons why President Bush was re-elected because it is going to revolutionize education in this country.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 02:45:29 PM by CWalker187 »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 02:48:24 PM »
No Child Left Behind is military-sponsored, and once students fail to achieve certain requirements, they are no longer eligible for certain financial aid. The next best thing after college of course, for these kids, is the military. Since it is a well-known fact that students who don't achieve "test scores" are mostly inner city minorities, this just goes to show you what this plan is doing. Remember the "Black Unit" in the South Park movie... well, let's just say they're trying to make our army look a lot like that.

You're an idiot.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2005, 04:42:09 PM »

You're an idiot.

I must've hit a nerve with the bigot... if you can prove me wrong, do it, but don't resort to useless name calling just because you're an idiot who can't contribute to anything without making yourself look like a retard.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2005, 04:45:41 PM »

Of course people who work in the education field hate No Child Left Behind. Thanks to President Bush and the Republicans, for the first time ever teachers and school systems are going to be held accountable for the performance of students. If kids don't learn, you lose your job or your funding. It is a pretty basic concept, but Democrats have been fighting it for years because they are bought off by America's teacher unions, who don't want teachers to be held accountable for their job performance the same way any other person is held accountable at their job. When schools and teachers have to compete and produce, everyone wins...except for incompetent teachers and adminstrators

Another great part of NCLB is that it lets poor students that live in areas with bad schools to send their kids to better schools in different areas. It is easy for Democrats like John Kerry or Bill Clinton to oppose school choice  because they can afford to send their own children to the most expensive private schools in the world. But what about poor, inner city students that are stuck in a bad school system? The Democrats want them to be forced to go to that crappy school. Thankfully, President Bush knows there is a better way. No Child Left Behind is one of the reasons why President Bush was re-elected because it is going to revolutionize education in this country.

The 670 page act was eventually passed by the House of Representatives on December 13, 2001 by a vote of 381-41. It passed in the Senate by a vote of 87-10 on December 18, 2001.

There aren't 381 Republicans in the House and there aren't 87 Republicans in the Senate, so obviously this act was supported by Democrats and Republicans alike. People always automatically assume that if one party favors something, the other party must oppose it. That's not the case with everything, you retarded scoundrel.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2005, 04:59:51 PM »
Air Force General John Hopper: "the armed forces must guarantee that no military child is left behind"

Hopper was speaking at the fourth-annual Military Child Education Coalition Conference.

Now shut the fuck up, idiot.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2005, 06:03:18 PM »

You're an idiot.

I must've hit a nerve with the bigot... if you can prove me wrong, do it, but don't resort to useless name calling just because you're an idiot who can't contribute to anything without making yourself look like a retard.

Jamal, you are an idiot because the military has nothing to do with No Child Left Behind. And you are also an idiot because No Child Left Behind doesn't take financial aid from any students, it has to do with school accountability.

Now run along and play little boy....

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 07:39:41 PM »

You're an idiot.

Jamal, you are an idiot because the military has nothing to do with No Child Left Behind. And you are also an idiot because No Child Left Behind doesn't take financial aid from any students, it has to do with school accountability.

Now run along and play little boy....

Students who take those tests make their info available to military recruiters. Students who don't take those tests don't get financial aid. Now shut the fuck up, bigot.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2005, 07:40:07 PM »
Air Force General John Hopper: "the armed forces must guarantee that no military child is left behind"

Hopper was speaking at the fourth-annual Military Child Education Coalition Conference.

Now shut the fuck up, idiot.

By the way, can you read?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2005, 09:16:12 PM »
Some of you need to hop off the maintstream media and Bush's dick and do some of your own research... read books, read other sources, read the other side's point of view, make your own judgments based on the facts provided and don't just dismiss them because they disagree with your point of view... fuckin narrow-minded sheeps