Author Topic: U.S. Pays Commentator to Tout No Child Left Behind  (Read 523 times)

Thirteen

Re: U.S. Pays Commentator to Tout No Child Left Behind
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2005, 12:40:14 AM »
any education reform they come up with is going to have pros and cons. i just don't see anything working for the way most kids are today...you can't force a kid to learn anything, and closing down the kids nearest school and shipping them 15 miles to the next one isn't going to make the kid learn...it will get some stagnant teachers out of the system though... there were quite a few teachers when i was growing up that had the whole "i don't care, i get paid no matter what" attitude. oh well, something i really don't have to worry about

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2005, 12:52:54 AM »
any education reform they come up with is going to have pros and cons. i just don't see anything working for the way most kids are today...you can't force a kid to learn anything, and closing down the kids nearest school and shipping them 15 miles to the next one isn't going to make the kid learn...it will get some stagnant teachers out of the system though... there were quite a few teachers when i was growing up that had the whole "i don't care, i get paid no matter what" attitude. oh well, something i really don't have to worry about

Of course... there are pros and cons to almost everything, but some people are just ignorant and turn a blind eye pretending those cons don't exist.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2005, 01:58:20 PM »
As someone who works in the education field, I can honestly say, FUCK NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND. It doesn't work, and it's a pill of shit. I work in education. I know.

Of course people who work in the education field hate No Child Left Behind. Thanks to President Bush and the Republicans, for the first time ever teachers and school systems are going to be held accountable for the performance of students. If kids don't learn, you lose your job or your funding. It is a pretty basic concept, but Democrats have been fighting it for years because they are bought off by America's teacher unions, who don't want teachers to be held accountable for their job performance the same way any other person is held accountable at their job. When schools and teachers have to compete and produce, everyone wins...except for incompetent teachers and adminstrators

Another great part of NCLB is that it lets poor students that live in areas with bad schools to send their kids to better schools in different areas. It is easy for Democrats like John Kerry or Bill Clinton to oppose school choice  because they can afford to send their own children to the most expensive private schools in the world. But what about poor, inner city students that are stuck in a bad school system? The Democrats want them to be forced to go to that crappy school. Thankfully, President Bush knows there is a better way. No Child Left Behind is one of the reasons why President Bush was re-elected because it is going to revolutionize education in this country.

Like most republicans you apparently have no problem blatantly mangling the truth.  Someone probably spoonfed you misinformation, so it may not be your fault, but FYI John Kerry and most democrat supported NCLB.  Even Teddy Kennedy supported it.  Your statement that John Kerry opposed it because he is bought off by teachers unions, is an outright lie. 

Kerry criticized Bush, for underfunding his own program.  And if you care so much about accountability, why don't you hold the president accountible, for using tax payer money on political propaganda? Or better yet,  why don't you show some integrity for making posting outright lies about the democratic party? Unfortunately, the modern republican party is the party of double standards. 

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2005, 02:03:23 PM »
BTW i'm still waiting on some sort of perverted justification for the fact that the Bush Administration is paying people off to say good things about their policies.  Fuck arguing about NCLB, thats another thread.  Altho maybe some of you will surprise me and actual admit this was blatantly wrong.

Thirteen

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 04:21:07 AM »
BTW i'm still waiting on some sort of perverted justification for the fact that the Bush Administration is paying people off to say good things about their policies.  Fuck arguing about NCLB, thats another thread.  Altho maybe some of you will surprise me and actual admit this was blatantly wrong.

they pay millions of dollars to run commercials bashing the other person running for president...what's wrong with them getting a well known person to say something good...the person is getting paid if he accepts....it's called a fucking job.....they can pay me that much and i'll give positive reviews for gigli, glitter and crossroads and say those were the best movies i've ever seen

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 07:20:29 AM »

they pay millions of dollars to run commercials bashing the other person running for president...what's wrong with them getting a well known person to say something good...the person is getting paid if he accepts....it's called a fucking job.....they can pay me that much and i'll give positive reviews for gigli, glitter and crossroads and say those were the best movies i've ever seen

Yes, and they pay for political ccommercials with their own money.  This was the Bush administration using your taxpayer money, to pay people off, to say good things about their policies. 

Which brings up another question.  If their policies are obviously good, why do they need to pay people off to say good things about them?  Shouldn't this guy have wanted to say the good things about NCLB on his own?  Not only that, but Williams is a syndicated personality.   He already has a job and recieves a pay check for discussing these types of issues.  Why did he need extra compensation to talk about NCLB in a positive manner?

Thirteen

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2005, 09:59:04 AM »

Yes, and they pay for political ccommercials with their own money.  This was the Bush administration using your taxpayer money, to pay people off, to say good things about their policies. 

Which brings up another question.  If their policies are obviously good, why do they need to pay people off to say good things about them?  Shouldn't this guy have wanted to say the good things about NCLB on his own?  Not only that, but Williams is a syndicated personality.   He already has a job and recieves a pay check for discussing these types of issues.  Why did he need extra compensation to talk about NCLB in a positive manner?

anna nicole smith has 89 million dollars and she does trim spa commercials...shaq has a multi million dollar contract and does icy hot commercials, carrot top has those 1 800 collect commercials... fact is, noboy promotes something for free on commercials..i thought this was common sense

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2005, 12:29:41 PM »

anna nicole smith has 89 million dollars and she does trim spa commercials...shaq has a multi million dollar contract and does icy hot commercials, carrot top has those 1 800 collect commercials... fact is, noboy promotes something for free on commercials..i thought this was common sense

He wasn't promoting these things on commercials.  And he does get paid, he gets paid for writing his columns from the company he works for.  The issue is that he got paid extra to write good things about Bush.  You honestly don't there is an issue with the government paying off journalists to say good things about them?

We're not talking about Anna Nicole Smith appearing in an advertisement.  We're talking about a journalist  being given extra money on top of his normal pay check, specifically to say good things about the Bush Administration.  His job is to comment on the news and give his opinion.  That is what he is already paid for.  If he actually liked NCLB he should have said so. 

On top of that.  Anna Nicole Smith is paid for by a private corporation, and even though your analogy doesn't relate.  I will remind you that this guy was paid for with TAX PAYER money.  We're paying taxes to have journalists paid off?  Its one thign when Bush runs his campaign and spends money on false ads.  He is using his own money to run those ads.  This was your money, being used to pay off a journalists to say good thigns about Bush, and it was done in secret. 

Thirteen

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2005, 03:04:11 PM »

He wasn't promoting these things on commercials.  And he does get paid, he gets paid for writing his columns from the company he works for.  The issue is that he got paid extra to write good things about Bush.  You honestly don't there is an issue with the government paying off journalists to say good things about them?

We're not talking about Anna Nicole Smith appearing in an advertisement.  We're talking about a journalist  being given extra money on top of his normal pay check, specifically to say good things about the Bush Administration.  His job is to comment on the news and give his opinion.  That is what he is already paid for.  If he actually liked NCLB he should have said so. 

On top of that.  Anna Nicole Smith is paid for by a private corporation, and even though your analogy doesn't relate.  I will remind you that this guy was paid for with TAX PAYER money.  We're paying taxes to have journalists paid off?  Its one thign when Bush runs his campaign and spends money on false ads.  He is using his own money to run those ads.  This was your money, being used to pay off a journalists to say good thigns about Bush, and it was done in secret. 

of course he's being paid with tax payer money..."no child left behind" isn't a product, therefore it doesn't recieve money to be allotted to commercials

and anyways movies always pay reviewers to say something nice about their movies so this is pretty much the same

you shouldn't complain how your tax payer money gets spent cause there's worse things they could be spending it on... for a year and 1/2 i was getting paid $400 a week on unemployment for doing shit...now i get paid $400 a week to attend college, on top of that tax payer money bought paid for my tuition, tax payer money bought me $600 worth of new uniforms when i had to pay for them last time, tax payer money just paid me $375 this weekend to attend cpr training, go to the dentist for free and get numerous shots for free, plus pay for our catering for both of those days

lastly, it wasn't done in secret, if it was done in secret you would have never found out about it

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2005, 04:38:06 PM »
It was done in secret.  It was going on for a whole year until he got caught.  Let's go back to the first post where I quote Jonah Goldberg, the current editor of the National Review.

Jonah Goldberg: "I think Armstrong Williams should give the money back.  I think he should probably be ashamed of himself for taking it.  I think the White House really screwed up ... all I can say is that if Bill Clinton had gotten caught giving Joe Conason a quarter of a million dollars to be flogging their policies, guys like me would have smoke coming out of our ears, and The Right would go crazy."

___

The National Review is a partisan republican magazine.  It was founded by William F. Buckley.  It's not just democrats that think this is ridiculous; even highly partisan republicans can admit this is an absolutely inappriopriate practice. 

Anyways, for your reading pleasure, a link to the National Review Online. 

http://www.nationalreview.com/

Thirteen

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2005, 08:26:06 PM »
hey guess what? you know organizations that research shit like breast cancer and all that other stuff from donations? get this....some donations are spent on.....

wait....

you should sit down ant and try to catch you breath... but some of those donations that you think are going for a cure, are being spent on commercials advertisements, even partys and other things....

you should do some research on it and post a few hundred articles about that unholy travesty

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2005, 09:30:40 PM »
your an idiot.

Thirteen

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2005, 09:33:21 PM »
your an idiot.

did i hurt you feelings and make you realize how insignificant you really are...i'm sorry ant, go out and buy a friend with some of daddy's money until you feel better  ;D