Author Topic: Free Charity... Join the World Community Grid and Support Scientific Research.  (Read 101 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The World Community Grid's mission is to create the world's largest public computing grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity.

Our work has developed the technical infrastructure that serves as the grid's foundation for scientific research. Our success depends upon individuals collectively contributing their unused computer time to change the world for the better.

World Community Grid is making technology available only to public and not-for-profit organizations to use in humanitarian research that might otherwise not be completed due to the high cost of the computer infrastructure required in the absence of a public grid. As part of our commitment to advancing human welfare, all results will be in the public domain and made public to the global research community.

_________

Go here to download the necessary software and learn more about the World Community Grid:

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/join_now/join_now.html

Basically, you're donating your spare processing power to scientists who use it to do disease research.  But they explain it better at the site.  I should note that since I've had it on my computer, I've noticed no change in performance at all.  We can also create a dubcc team, if overseer, or anyone else would like too, and the software will rank dubcc's collective contribution.  I already have a team tho, so its up to whoever else to create the dubcc one.

Trauma-san

Yeah, I saw something similar to this before, but they were just trying to analyze the sky or something, I can't remember what their goal was. 

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Did anyone from dubcc actually join? jw