Author Topic: Question for the British people.......  (Read 360 times)

Suga Foot

Question for the British people.......
« on: January 09, 2005, 03:42:47 PM »
since you're 'english', when you talk, do you consider yourself having an accent? or do Americans/Canadians have an accent to you?  how does that work on your end?

Don Seer

Re: Question for the British people.......
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 05:43:18 AM »
uhh... everyone has an accent.. there are regional accents here... its probably easir talking to an american or canadian than talking to someone from where Bez lives or in scotland in some cases... its all regional...

you think everyone over here sounds the same and speaks "BBC" / 'the queens' english?.. lol..

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 05:50:16 AM »
its probably easir talking to an american or canadian than talking to someone from where Bez lives

"YERRRRRR MATEY"

Matrix Heart

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 08:03:58 AM »
its probably easir talking to an american or canadian than talking to someone from where Bez lives

"YERRRRRR MATEY"

“They’re always after ‘me Lucky Charms!”

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 12:24:37 PM »
^ lol thats ireland?!

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 05:33:05 PM »
you think everyone over here sounds the same and speaks "BBC" / 'the queens' english?.. lol..

I thought they did.  My ignorance can be embarassing sometimes. lol  I do find it interesting that in such a small area there can be so many different accents tho. 

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 02:19:27 AM »
Well, Britain is large compared to Holland. People living less than 50 miles away from each other here, and they really can't understand each other. Ah well, dutch is a bullshit language anyway. Let's not change subjects.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 03:18:36 AM »

I thought they did.  My ignorance can be embarassing sometimes. lol  I do find it interesting that in such a small area there can be so many different accents tho. 

i've always assumed that the same things happen in every country.. its just a distance thing

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 05:24:13 PM »
Now heres a question. I have trouble understanding what some British dudes say. Do ya'll have trouble understanding American accents

mauzip

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 05:35:06 PM »
yeah british people people really need to learn how to speak cause nobody can understand them

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 06:07:30 PM »
yeah british people people really need to learn how to speak cause nobody can understand them

Dutch people sound like they're trying to speak German while chewing shit.

bez

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 06:14:26 PM »
As Seer said its all regional.

The main accents are:

Brummy:  Birmingham
Manc:  Manchester
Scouse:  Liverpool
Cockney:  London
Wooly back:  Which is like peeps from the country and shit, farmers accents.

Then ya got Irish and Scottish which too have their regional accents but I dont know em.  I dont really try to talk in deep scouse cos its very hard to understand.  I try to speak in a tone which is understand to everyone, but I bet you could still guess where I was from in a second if you was speaking to me face to face.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 07:57:16 PM »
i herd somewhere that brittish people dont wash their assess

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 10:32:47 PM »
I try to speak in a tone which is understand to everyone

I see...

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 02:35:02 AM »
Now heres a question. I have trouble understanding what some British dudes say. Do ya'll have trouble understanding American accents

another silly Q...  like i already said... SOME american accents are really easy to understand.. some arent. the same thing applies to british ones.

whats funny is foriegners (not just americans) always say they're donig a "british accent" when they're really doing a funny east london / cockney accent.. we find that shit funny too. to us americans sound dry/sarcastic all the time.

for example.. you speak to Me, Rud or Nino/Que on the phone we sound very different.

People say I dont have a strong accent.. but i'm from a rural ish place.. Bez would expect me to sound "wooly back" but i dont :P  you might get the odd slip from me.. but not often.

Rud has a strong-ish northern accent since he's from near bolton (not far from manchester)

Nino has a London ish sounding accent.. although he now lives even further west than I do..