Author Topic: Its Scarry to think of how good big pun would be if he was still alive....  (Read 538 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Its Scarry to think of how good big pun would be if he was still alive....
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2005, 10:35:31 AM »
I still listen to Capital Punishment...its a damn shame he died..i wish that Fat ass joe was dead instead of Pun.

Fat joe makes a joke of hispanic emcees imo

Pun great mc..great lyrics...I easily put him in my top 10 (and my favorite hispanic rapper ever)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 10:45:52 AM »
I'd probably rate ODB more skilled.

And shoving your thumb up your ass feels better than getting some dome huh?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2005, 10:47:10 AM »
I easily put him in my top 10 (and my favorite hispanic rapper ever)

Immortal Technique  8)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2005, 10:51:45 AM »
Pun was amazing, but all these what ifs... is what I don't like. Whenever artists die, people say "Look at how much better, their next album would have been so amazing" and that's not necessarily true. Imagine if Kurupt had died right after Streetz Iz A Mutha, everyone thinks that album is great. And if he had died right after, everyone would think he would have gotten better when in fact he fell off like crazy.

Just my thoughts, I do like Pun a lot though, Capital Punishment is a great album.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 11:00:12 AM »
This is a nice one-liner: "deliver red rum like spellin' murder in reverse"

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 11:18:00 AM »
Big Pun was ill...Capital Punishment is a great album...

when people talk about legends being around for a long time, they seem to forget that Biggie only released 1 album while he was alive...and many consider him the greatest...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2005, 11:33:51 AM »
It's a shame his weight got the best of him. He should of been getting recognition in the game instead of Fat Joe.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2005, 11:38:25 AM »
Pun was amazing
and also a sick line is.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know
that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2005, 12:33:51 PM »
If you're talking about him being mad skilled... I guess his debut album was ok, but it wasn't to me like he was the new 'King of New York'. He even died too early in his career to be a real legend like Pac or Big. Unlucky, maybe he would have grown somewhat, but I don't really feel like the world of hip-hop lost something great back when Big Pun died. I'd probably rate ODB more skilled. Him dying meant more to me.

him dying meaning more to you, ok. him being more entertaining, ok, you preferring him over Pun, ok. But ODB > Pun in terms of SKILLS?? You gotta be kidding...don't get me wrong, ODB was cool and it's a damn shame he died, but he wasn't somebody who came up with shit that was particularly challenging to write...also he never came close to the amazing flow pun used to spit or to his incredible breath control...Pun's vocab was one of the most extroardinary vocabs in hiphop history, too...ODB was slick, charismatic, entertaining, dope, likeable and not untalented but as for skills he could have NEVER EVER stepped to Pun

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2005, 02:34:12 PM »
well all know how dope pun would have been because fat joe stole his rhyme book haha

Elevz

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2005, 02:52:24 PM »
If you're talking about him being mad skilled... I guess his debut album was ok, but it wasn't to me like he was the new 'King of New York'. He even died too early in his career to be a real legend like Pac or Big. Unlucky, maybe he would have grown somewhat, but I don't really feel like the world of hip-hop lost something great back when Big Pun died. I'd probably rate ODB more skilled. Him dying meant more to me.
you gotta be fucking kidding me....he never claimed to be king of new york....the critics put that kind of pressure on him....by the time
"yeeeeah baby!!!" came out he was coming into his own a few more albums  and he could have been a real legend in the game....I like odb as much as anybody else thats a bad look man, all Im sayin is dude was sick...

I ain't kidding. I never said he claimed to be the king of New York, I'm just saying that it wouldn't have been him anyway. He could have been a true legend like Pac or Big? Might be. On the other hand, by now Eminem could have been a legend like that and if you ask me, he's not. Eminem fell off... Pun might have done the same. We'll never know. He never got that far anyway.

I'll be bumpin Capital Punishment tomorrow thanks to y'all  ;D

RIP Pun

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2005, 03:10:57 PM »
capital punishment was an absolute classic, hands down...yeah baby was actaully weak in my opinion after such a steller debut, but it was still a good 4 mic album after further review, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Elevz

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2005, 12:16:22 AM »
him dying meaning more to you, ok. him being more entertaining, ok, you preferring him over Pun, ok. But ODB > Pun in terms of SKILLS?? You gotta be kidding...don't get me wrong, ODB was cool and it's a damn shame he died, but he wasn't somebody who came up with shit that was particularly challenging to write...also he never came close to the amazing flow pun used to spit or to his incredible breath control...Pun's vocab was one of the most extroardinary vocabs in hiphop history, too...ODB was slick, charismatic, entertaining, dope, likeable and not untalented but as for skills he could have NEVER EVER stepped to Pun

OK, that was a bad way for expressing myself. What I actually meant to say was that I usually just enjoy ODB's music (for example) more than Pun's. Entertaining is a skill too, and I didn't find Pun that entertaining after all (that Funk Flex skit got me laughing tho). It's more like music for when you're in a mood for some harder shit. I've been listening to Capital Punishment this morning and it has to be said... That album is pretty fucking dope, like 4.4/5 so sure, dude was a lyrical heavyweight and his flow is like mad too. I guess Pun was pretty good, yeah, but that doesn't mean he would have ruled the 2005 music industry if he hadn't died. I don't think he was the one for real commercial success (G-Unit style) anyway.

And about Pun never claiming to be the king of New York...
Big Pun - The dream shatter

I thirst for blood like a vampire
Any man claimin his game's tighter - IS A GOD DAMN LIAR!
I set him on fire, retire your train of thought
Drain a quart of blood out your brain and leave you insane in the dark
The king of New York! Lays his crown in the Boogie Down
And sprays the town, with a Mac hoodied down
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 12:24:08 AM by Elevz the hairy bal-hed »

mauzip

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2005, 12:26:16 AM »
I think Big Pun is probably the most overrated dead rapper.

Elevz

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2005, 12:38:34 AM »
Listen to his album, it's pretty good. He's not being hyped that much anyway. Can't say he's overrated.