Author Topic: Michael Moore wins People's Choice Award  (Read 227 times)

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Michael Moore wins People's Choice Award
« on: January 10, 2005, 10:53:39 AM »
PASADENA, Calif. - Filmmakers Michael Moore and Mel Gibson (news) were all smiles after they won top honors at the 31st Annual People's Choice Awards.

Both men had controversial films that fared well at the box office last year. Moore's film "Fahrenheit 9/11," which took a critical look at President Bush (news - web sites)'s actions after the 2001 terror attacks, won the favorite movie award, while Mel Gibson's explicit "The Passion of the Christ" won in the favorite drama category.

Moore dedicated Sunday's win to the U.S. troops fighting overseas and said he was "amazed" that people voted his film their favorite. "I love making movies and I'll take this as an invitation to make more 'Fahrenheit 9/11s,'" Moore said.

Gibson echoed Moore's appreciation, saying the award "means a lot more to me this time than anything before."

"I depended on you and you were there," Gibson said. "If it wasn't for you guys, we would have been dead in the water."

(Winner for Motion picture: "Fahrenheit 9/11")
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 10:57:49 AM by *Jamal* »

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Michael Moore wins People's Choice Award
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 10:56:36 AM »
Remember Trauma's stupid post about how some lame ass biased website stated he was the least intriguing, lest inspiring person in Hollywood, and Trauma went on to call him a loser.... LOLLLL fuckin moron

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -- Director Michael Moore, whose anti-President Bush film "Fahrenheit 9/11" touched off a firestorm of controversy, topped an annual list on Monday of Hollywood's least-intriguing celebrities.

The outspoken documentarian, who seemed to be everywhere during the 2004 U.S. presidential campaign, urging the defeat of Bush, ranks No. 1 on this year's "Frigid 50" published by online movie magazine FilmThreat.com.

The Web site, known for an anti-establishment take on the entertainment industry, said its list names the stars it found to be the "least-inspiring, least-intriguing people in Hollywood."

Ranked No. 2 was actress Halle Berry, who followed up her Oscar-winning turn in "Monster's Ball" with less critically lauded roles in such films as "Gothica" and "Catwoman."

"The Frigid 50 ice pack have left audiences cold with their overbearing personalities, poor career choices and chronic inability to stop making fools of themselves," the site said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a fucking loser this prick was, lol.

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 10:58:01 AM »
the same could be said about attacks on bush  :P

honestly though, is it me or does michael moore get fatter every time he's on tv?

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 11:01:21 AM »
Both movies were well-made and very good.

And yeah, looks liek Moore is reaping the benefits of his success more and more everytime his ass is on TV. I was channel surfing a while back and saw Moore's first documentary about the GM plants shutting down in Flint, Michigan. That guy has tripled in weight since then.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:08:30 AM »
when he dies of a heart attack i will make a documentary called Cholesterol 911 and make fun of his exponentialy growing waist line

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 01:47:54 PM »
I do enjoy watching his movies. I liked bowling for columbine the most. I enjoyed watching farenheit 9/11 even though i had some problems with it.

As for his appearence.....yeah, the more money he makes the fatter he becomes. And hes a millionaire now so he should probably stop looking like he lives on the streets.