Author Topic: Armstrong Williams is not alone.  (Read 241 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Armstrong Williams is not alone.
« on: January 10, 2005, 05:53:08 PM »
If you don't know who Armstrong Williams is, he is a conservative commentator, who was being paid off by the Bush Administration to say nice things about No Child Left Behind and promote it specifically to the black community.  Oh, and in case its not clear, he was being paid off with tax-payer dollars, $.25 million to be exact for one years work, but apparently he isn't the only one.  In his own words, when questioned about his actions he told a reporter:

"This happens all the time," he told me. "There are others." Really? I said. Other conservative commentators accept money from the Bush administration? I asked Williams for names. "I'm not going to defend myself that way," he said. The issue right now, he explained, was his own mistake. Well, I said, what if I call you up in a few weeks, after this blows over, and then ask you? No, he said.

Of course having realized he made a big mistake he back tracked a bit, but give it a few weeks, it would seem this story is still developing, and its just one more example of an on-going pattern where the Bush Administration attempts to manipulate the public by abusing its trust in our political system.  Given, we are on a hip-hop forum, it should be noted this was an attempt specfically to manipulate the african american community.  And, this incident also brings up another question, if Bush's policies are good for America, why is his adminstration paying off other republicans to say nice things about them.  Shouldn't they be wiling to say good things naturally?

This is just one more example of how the voices of the republican party are the epitomy of double standards; that while they preach moral fortitude, personal responsibility, and accountibility.  They:

a. get caught with drug addictions... as in the case of Rush Limbaugh
b. get caught sexually harassing women in perverted ways... as in the case of Bill O'Reilly
c. continue to run openly racist candidates... as in the case of trent lott, james hart(1), and the recently deceased strom thurmond
d. they give leadership positions to congressman who have been twice rebuked by the ethics committee and is on the verge of being indicted... as in the case of Tom Delay
e. they nominate and support individuals who argued for the legality of torture... as in the case of Alberto Gonzales

and...

f.  recieve tax-payer money to spread propaganda to the american public.... as in the case of Armstrong Williams.
___
1.  see http://www.jameshartforcongress.com/ for more on james hart

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Armstrong Williams is not alone.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 09:01:59 AM »
what does your lily white ass know about subjagation and manipulation of the black community. You are a fuckin dunce, you are worse than the worse republican, Ant. You and the rest of the limosine liberals, are all no principled, one puppet attackin another puppet, ignorant stool pigeon;
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 10:43:06 AM »
what does your lily white ass know about subjagation and manipulation of the black community. You are a fuckin dunce, you are worse than the worse republican, Ant. You and the rest of the limosine liberals, are all no principled, one puppet attackin another puppet, ignorant stool pigeon;

and you can't form a reasonable argument to save your life.  thats why you fill your posts are filled with anger instead of intelligence.

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 07:15:17 PM »
Ant, can you provide me some credible evidence to prove that Trentt Lott is a racist.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 08:08:14 PM »
Ant, can you provide me some credible evidence to prove that Trentt Lott is a racist.

Sure.  In the late 40's the democrats decided it was time to put an end to segregation, and adopted an anti-segregation platform.  This decision upset a large portion of the part, mainly southern democrats, who left the party, and formed their own political platform.  In 1948, former democrat, Strom Thurmond, ran for president on a platform strongly opposing the democrats desire to end segregation.  Strom Thurmond, and the dixiecrats, eventually ended up winning four formerly democratic southern states, but after losing the election joined permanently with the republican party who continued to oppose desegregation for sometime.  From then on, the states of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and South Carolina, all former democratic states, became permanent republican strongholds after deciding to vote for Thurmond in 1948.

Trent Lott was the senate majority leader from Mississippi, until in 2002 he said quote:

"I want to say this about my state. When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years."

For his comments implying the country would have been better off had it remained segregated Lott was forced to step down as majority leader and today Bill Frist is the U.S. senate majority leader. 

For more on the dixiecrats see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrats

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 08:14:45 PM »

and you can't form a reasonable argument to save your life.  thats why you fill your posts are filled with anger instead of intelligence.

No maam, I wont dance with you. To think you are producing an argument or conversation worth takin part in is ridicolous.
You are wrapped in partisan politics. So much so that you are unaware of reality, and have a very simplified albiet hypocritical stance on issues. 

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll