Author Topic: Ipod Shuffle  (Read 187 times)

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ipod Shuffle
« on: January 12, 2005, 07:25:36 AM »

Matrix Heart

Re: Ipod Shuffle
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 07:54:53 AM »
Might as well buy the 20Gb model with a student discount  :loco:

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 09:16:22 AM »
no..screen...wack...but..cool..for..running

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 09:51:03 AM »
i like it  :D

Inspire / Moss

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.DUBCNN.com
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 11:52:39 AM »
I prefer my full ipod with a screen, 20gb of space and the option NOT to shuffle lol

but... mine cost alot more so meh

~ Westcoast News Network ~

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 12:58:49 PM »
its sooooo stupid.

Why would you buy an mp3 player like that? What if you wanted to listen to a specific song?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 12:59:38 PM »
you..dont..have..to..have..it..shuffle

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 01:20:06 PM »
its sooooo stupid.

Why would you buy an mp3 player like that? What if you wanted to listen to a specific song?

You can specify what music goes into the iPod Shuffle.  You don't have to play it on "shuffle" mode.  It can play the music in order (based on the playlist order you set up on iTunes).  Granted, you still can't see and choose exactly what song is coming next, but that's the point.  Grab your best shit, throw it in this tiny ass player, and roll.

I like it... it's a cool tiny player.  Cool concept.  We'll see if it catches fire like the iPod.

I say you'll see quite a few of these hangin' off people's necks by spring time.  Shit... someone is bound to ice one of these out.  That would be tight.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 02:03:46 PM »
no. i understand you dont have to shuffle it.

But lets say you have 70 songs on it. (i dont know how many it can hold)

What if you want to listen to a song thats around track 30. You gotta keep skipping around to find it. I just find it as a hassle. Just spend an extra 100 bucks and buy a mini.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 10:11:30 PM »
^ I agree with you.  But if it doesn't matter, then the iPod Shuffle is a cool new device.  512MB for $99 or 1GB for $149.  I agree that having about 250 tracks (on the 1GB) and not being able to choose the next track is kinda weird (to me... I want full control... I have control issues!), BUT it makes sense.  I mean currently the way most people use their iPod is very similar to how the iPod Shuffle will work... they create a playlist on iTunes (let's say "Dr. Dre Productions") and then on their iPod, they choose the "Dr. Dre Productions" playlist, put it on shuffle, and then listen.  When a song they don't want to listen to comes up, they skip to the next one.  They don't necesarily jump to an entirely new playlist.

So I guess the difference would be that on the iPod you can carry multiple playlists and on the iPod Shuffle you would only be able to carry one playlist.

That's pretty cool... I like it.

But I can see how it makes sense to drop the extra $100 for the iPod Mini or the 20GB iPod.  It just depends on the cash you got and how big a player you want.

Peace  8)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 10:38:19 PM »
I wouldnt like it, but im sure there are alot of people who this would attract.

Small, im guessing extremly light weight. Plus its virtually skip free because its a flash drive, so its good if you like to work out with your ipod.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 11:21:11 PM »
it also doubles as a USB flash Drive to store files....just like the ones on the market today....so instead of just getting a 512mb usb drive just get this cause it does both....for a few more bucks....i think that is the best feature right there......i dont doubt i pick one of these up myself....