Author Topic: Eminem, Source Co-Owner Exchange Angry Words At Detroit Radio Station  (Read 434 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Eminem, Source Co-Owner Exchange Angry Words At Detroit Radio Station
01.12.2005 4:08 PM EST

Confrontation takes place after David Mays makes comments during on-air interview.

It seems that there is no resolution in sight in the ongoing verbal feud between Eminem and The Source. On Tuesday evening in Detroit, Em and Source co-owner David Mays got into an off-air verbal confrontation at radio station WDTJ-FM.

Reports are still coming in, but according to sources close to the altercation, Mays was being interviewed at the station for an evening radio program. Some of Mays' words were directed toward the Motor City SoundScan king.

Shortly thereafter, Eminem arrived at the station with approximately 10 men. While sources say that no violence took place, there was plenty of shouting and four-letter words being flung.

Last week, the long-running beef heated up in the wake of a song and video made by Source co-owner Benzino (see "Eminem 'Never Wanted To Squash The Beef,' Benzino Says; Fires Back In New Video").

Neither Eminem, his reps, nor spokespeople for WDTJ would comment on the matter. Wednesday night, though, Mays told MTV he was shocked to see Eminem in the flesh.

"I wasn't expecting for him to show up; he doesn't go anywhere in public," Mays said. "Nobody ever sees this guy. People were like, 'Is it really him?' I don't understand what his purpose was. I'm up there by myself, he had all his people."

Mays said the confrontation was brief, lasting all of two minutes. Like his partner Benzino, Mays says he wants to have another face-to-face with Slim Shady, but next time he hopes it's to sit down and discuss hip-hop.

"My attorneys are sending correspondence to his attorneys relating to this thing as well as the ongoing lawsuit," Mays revealed (see "Eminem's Lawsuit Against The Source Going To Trial"). "The point of it is that we need to have a real discussion. People in business, men, human beings, resolve differences. These people can't come to the table and discuss issues."

[This story was updated at 7:47 p.m. ET on 1.12.2005]

— Shaheem Reid

MTV.COM

The Watcher

Re: Eminem, Source Co-Owner Exchange Angry Words At Detroit Radio Station
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 07:04:55 PM »
"The point of it is that we need to have a real discussion. People in business, men, human beings, resolve differences. These people can't come to the table and discuss issues."

but he was on air and had a 'few words' for Eminem? gimme a break. you either want to have it out with him, or you want to sit down and take care of this shit, make up your mind
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 07:37:33 PM »
i bet mays was scared shitless when he saw 10 dudes suround him. damn
what do you expect to goto someones home town talking shit.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 07:56:41 PM »
i think they are both idiots. eminem needs to ignore stupid shit like this and let the beef die down.

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 08:23:20 PM »
David Mays was on the radio talking about what happened he said that towards the end of the interview he looked out the window and saw eminem waving at him he also said that Em was yelling at him and at the radio station program directors and he also said Em was telling him he's lucky there are security cameras all over

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 08:38:38 PM »
David Mays was on the radio talking about what happened he said that towards the end of the interview he looked out the window and saw eminem waving at him he also said that Em was yelling at him and at the radio station program directors and he also said Em was telling him he's lucky there are security cameras all over
now studio rooms are usualy sound proof, dont matter if its tv recording or radio. doubt he herd through the window. even if em was yelling

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 09:00:26 PM »
How come everytime someone from that Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit camp get into it with someone yall make them out to be the good guy? Even with Young Buck, cats was praisin him for stabbin they guy who hit Dre.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 09:18:26 PM »
How come everytime someone from that Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit camp get into it with someone yall make them out to be the good guy? Even with Young Buck, cats was praisin him for stabbin they guy who hit Dre.
mabye we are brain washed?

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 10:01:33 PM »
Fuck that stupid beef

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 10:05:59 PM »
The beef is wack, it was never that interesting to begin with.

I'm starting to think this shit is staged now. They make too big of a deal about it. I bet they got some under the table deal to get more publicity.

Look at the Toy Soldiers video. Shit is ridiculous.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 10:06:17 PM »

The thing with Buck is, people always say G-Unit all talk and shit, and once they arent all talk people say they are dumb assholes. Haters need to make up their mind.

Well and I also understand Eminem. HE wanted to squash the beef, made Like Toy Soldiers a corny ass song with a corny ass video.. and what happens? Source won't let it go. They deserve to get their ass beat.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 11:26:49 PM »
The beef is wack, it was never that interesting to begin with.

I'm starting to think this shit is staged now. They make too big of a deal about it. I bet they got some under the table deal to get more publicity.

Look at the Toy Soldiers video. Shit is ridiculous.

i thought that aswell... but notice.. benzino still goes paper towel when he drops albums u'd think he'd manipulate his numbers some how...

this beef is wack tho.. mays need to be quiet nigga never had beef with ne1 until benzino brought his ass in the picture..thats benzino's problem

all 3 of em are actin reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll twan like

SGV

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 09:43:39 AM »
Listen to Toy Soldiers. Em is wack for that shit.

One minute he's afraid for his life. The Next he wants to be the bigger man and squash the beef. Then he turns around and disses them. ALL IN ONE SONG.

Eminem is an idiot, period.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 10:10:13 AM »
eminem better expect one of d/12 or one of his friends to get fucked up or even killed very soon.

he basically just tried fucking with zinos money.

eminem can sleep safe at night because hes surrounded by secret service and all this other shit...people around him wont be so lucky.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 02:21:12 PM »

benzino still goes paper towel when he drops albums u'd think he'd manipulate his numbers some how...

all 3 of em are actin reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll twan like

damn he goes paper towel on Every album? hes putting up godlike numbers for no talent

what the fuck does that last sentece mean