Author Topic: Prince Harry A Nazi  (Read 258 times)

Down-Nola

Prince Harry A Nazi
« on: January 13, 2005, 09:20:51 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/01/13/harry.react.ap/index.html
LONDON, England (AP) -- Jewish groups and lawmakers in Britain criticized the grandson of Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday for wearing a Nazi soldier's uniform to a fancy dress party.

Prince Harry, the second son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, apologized in a statement after a British newspaper printed a picture of him clutching a cigarette and a drink and wearing a swastika armband.

"I think a lot of people will be disappointed to see that photograph and it will cause a lot of offense," said Michael Howard, leader of Britain's main opposition Conservative Party.

"I think it might be appropriate for him to tell us himself just how contrite he now is," added Howard, who is Jewish. He didn't specify how he thought the prince should make the apology.

Home Secretary Charles Clarke, however, said he was satisfied with Harry's statement. "He's apologized and I think we should leave the matter there," he told British Broadcasting Corp. radio.

The picture of the 20-year-old prince appeared in The Sun newspaper.

In a statement, Harry said he was "very sorry if I caused any offense or embarrassment to anyone."

"It was a poor choice of costume and I apologize," he added.

Jewish groups reacted swiftly to the incident.

"The fact that the palace has issued an apology indicates that this was a mistake by the prince," said Rabbi Jonathan Romain, a spokesman for the Reform Synagogues of Great Britain. "But having being given, the apology should now be accepted."

A spokesman for the Board Of Deputies Of British Jews said the costume "was clearly in bad taste, especially in the run-up to Holocaust Memorial Day" on Jan. 27. But he added: "The board is pleased that he's apologized for the incident."

The queen will commemorate the Holocaust and 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz by inviting survivors of the Nazi death camps and British World War II veterans who liberated them to a reception at St. James' Palace.

Harry, who plans to enroll this year at a military college, has long been known as the wilder of Charles and Diana's two handsome sons, in contrast to his university-student brother Prince William, 22.

Harry, third in line to the throne, has been photographed drinking in London's trendiest nightclubs and three years ago was sent by his father to observe a drug rehabilitation center after being caught smoking marijuana. In October he scuffled with a paparazzi photographer outside a London nightclub.

A former Buckingham Palace spokesman said he believed Prince Charles was too easy on his sons.

"I'm sorry, the Prince of Wales, he's a humanitarian and he does some terrific work, but I don't think he has ... the right discipline over his children, particularly Prince Harry," Dickie Arbiter told Sky News TV.

Harry is due to start training to become an army officer at the elite Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst later this year.

But a former armed forces minister said he thought the prince's application to join Sandhurst should be withdrawn following the costume incident.

"I don't think this young man is suitable for Sandhurst," said Doug Henderson, a lawmaker in the governing Labour Party. "If it was anyone else the application wouldn't be considered. It should be withdrawn immediately."

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Prince Harry A Nazi
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 09:45:16 PM »
he just wants to be controversial.
plus what does to word "costume" indicate? think, think!!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 10:14:26 PM »
i think people expect too much of him. if it was a normal kid, nobody would really give a shit if they wore a nazi COSTUME to a party. people need to let harry live his life and be a normal kid for a while, he's 3rd in line anyway so unless his dad & brother fall off then he's never gonna get to be king
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 02:34:19 AM »
geez they blow this shit up over in the UK dont they?? wonder if that was really the most important thing happening in the world that day  ::)

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 02:49:42 AM »
man im here in london and they just wont give this shit a break, its all over

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 02:59:37 AM »

I can understand why this has blown up so much..
it is stupid though.. and yes our media is sensationalist..

however being in the position the kid is in.. he's stupid... but i think the younger generation are less sensitive to the impact of WWII and as generations go on that will lessen.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 03:52:47 AM »
This is a big deal that dude is a dumbfuck.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 04:33:53 AM »
man people need to get over it and move on...they are making such a big fucking deal about it over here, they seem to forget that there actually are other things happening in the world...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 09:32:53 AM »
stupid fuckin idea, but shouldn't be blown out of proportion

bez

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 10:20:52 AM »
sad thing is...people have time to care about this.

Who really gives a fuck?

Sad!

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 12:49:52 PM »
This is a big deal that dude is a dumbfuck.
says the dude with Michael Moore in his sig...

Acgrundy

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 10:34:25 PM »

Who really gives a fuck?

Sad!

who gives a fuck?  uhh, how about the people who went thru concentration camps.  or how about their family members.

DAYUM

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 11:10:33 PM »

Who really gives a fuck?

Sad!

who gives a fuck? uhh, how about the people who went thru concentration camps. or how about their family members.

shut up u fuckin sensitive bitch

Acgrundy

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 11:16:45 PM »

Who really gives a fuck?

Sad!

who gives a fuck? uhh, how about the people who went thru concentration camps. or how about their family members.

shut up u fuckin sensitive bitch

hahaha its lil miss "ack grundy follows me in every thread and makes me cry"

keep hittin the diss button ya lil hoe.

Overseer, please, please ban gAy G.  he just follows me in everythread I post in and makes me butthurt.  If you don't ban him, I may commit suicide because my feelings are getting so hurt.

DAYUM

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 11:26:38 PM »
shut up u wont kill urself ur a fuckin flake...

u said u were gonna fight nik and it never happened

ur all talk u aint shit but an internet character that needs me to feel better about himself

so keep talking shit faggot we all know who the real bitch is...