Author Topic: how to produce hiphop beats ? (problems with drums n shit)  (Read 197 times)

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
how to produce hiphop beats ? (problems with drums n shit)
« on: February 13, 2005, 03:06:55 PM »
I tried to make some beats with some dope samples but I didn't really achieve much so far..

for some reason it never sounds right the way I place the drums and even when I try to make em identically to drums from an existing track it sounds differently, e.g. there's no lingering sound after a heavy drum at all, the sound seems to stop immediatly which doesn't sound rhythmical (only when it's played along with the samples n shit though. Listening to the drum alone it sounds alright)

also a homie told me I'd need to add a baseline, does that make sense when the sample does already sound pretty complete ?

oh and can yall tell me some goods sites or something where I can get some coo drum (other stuff too of course) samples ? I ain't got too many good ones and most of the few drums from my fruity loops version ain't that good either

Suga Foot

BIGMOZ

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re: how to produce hiphop beats ? (problems with drums n shit)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 03:47:51 PM »
I suggest you sign up to Soundclick.com.   Put up your mp3 there, then we can listen and tell you what the problem is.  From your description it could be a ton of different things, but Ill tell you what it is if I can literally hear the music.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 04:11:33 AM »
damn kinda forgot about this thread

thanks for the link Suga Foot

I suggest you sign up to Soundclick.com.   Put up your mp3 there, then we can listen and tell you what the problem is.  From your description it could be a ton of different things, but Ill tell you what it is if I can literally hear the music.

yeah good idea, Ima do that when I got some shit finished

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 04:52:04 AM »
I could give you some tips bout the drums: most of the beats I do will have the following drums: (if you work with a drumbox)
Bassdrum: 1 (hard), 7 and 11 (medium)
Another bassdrum, more light: 15
Snare: 5, 13
Sh's and things: 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 Or just: 3 7 11 15

Maybe it'll be useful  :)

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 03:22:36 PM »
^^thanks homie, how do I get to a drumbox in fruity loops ? (or are you refering to the program called that ?)