9 (21.4%)
5 (11.9%)
0 (0%)
2 (4.8%)
0 (0%)
platinum and up
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Predict the games sales  (Read 1284 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: Predict the games sales
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2005, 12:13:26 PM »
Overall, maybe 3-4 Mil, maybe more or less depending on promotion.

First week....ehh..............ahh..sii.....I mean fi.....damn......wtf......I really donno off hand for the first week.

Sikotic™

Re: Make Your Predictions Of What Game Will Sell In The First Week
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2005, 12:15:18 PM »
I doubt he's going gold first week.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Things to consider about Game's sales, hype, etc. etc.
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2005, 12:38:42 PM »
As far as first week sales and overall sales go, here are some things that I think we should all look at before estimatin his sales, and just some things to think about period regardin the album.

-Down south, most people are gonna buy it bootleg instead of buyin it in stores, other than the actual Game fans. The ones who just like the single are just gonna get it bootleg

-East coast, a lotta people will buy it, but not like they would to 50. Many of them will buy it because of his affiliation, and because of the producers on it.

-West coast, most of his fans will buy it, a lot of the haters are gonna still get it bootleg and still front like it's not all that hot, and a lot of people are gonna buy it when they realize it's hot. But Many people who are west coast fans period are gonna buy it, hopin that we can do somethin else in the future.

-Overall, his hype now versus 50 when he came out isn't quite as high but it almost is if you think about it overall. 50 had all the hype because of the mixtapes, Wanksta and In da Club, and the whole controversy. But he didn't have as much TV time, magazine articles and covers and all that BEFORE his album dropped.

-How we do isn't as big as single as In Da Club at all, and even at that, a lot of people are sayin 50 outshined Game on the track (and if I told you all somethin about that song, y'all would probably be pissed off at Game) so people may not buy the album just from that one song like they would have if it was just Game on it

-Many Dre fans are gonna buy the album because they think he's producin it all, and they will be disappointed to see he only did a few tracks, but they'll still enjoy the album. Somewhat similar to when 213 fans realized Warren G didn't do any of the beats. But still, the fact that Dre is behind it, and people love damn near anything Dre does, people are gonna buy it.

-They are playin the whole album on MTV and advertisin for people to hear it all after a lot of their shows.

-He's "part" of G-Unit, and they aren't as hot as they were a year ago but people are still on em kinda hard, so some of their fans will buy it to "complete" their collection

-The album leaked sorta late, which is good for his sales, but people are still bootleggin it like hell. However, the fact that it is a good ass album will actually have people who got the leaked version spreadin word about it bein great.

-I pretty much explained 50's hype before his album...comparin him to Snoop, Snoop had the hype comin from one of the biggest albums in history, and had a whoooooole lotta anticipation. Game had some anticipation from mixtapes and just the fact that people on the west want somebody new to take over, but Snoop had the world in shock because of how different he was, and the fact that it was a new sound comin out. So comparin his hype to Snoop is a bit unfair but it's nothin close personally.

So...with all that said, here's my opinion about the first week sales...
200,000 or less - Complete disappointment. Still decent for any other artist's debut, but with this much hype and promotion, this will be considered a flop from the jump, even if it sells a lot later.

200,000-400,000 - Definitely not bad, but people will still see it as being disappointing. It could still sell a lot later, especially if singles are pushed hard, but this will not be too good.

400,000-600,000 - Pretty damn solid, and about what I'd expect (somewhere between 450-500 to be exact) bein very realistic. Although I hope it does better, this is very good for a debut, and even with his promotion, it will be a lil bit disappointing but it will still be hope and it's nothin close to bein a flop.

600,000-800,000 - Very Good, and this will have everybody on the dick of him and the west coast. Many people are expectin this because of 50's sales, and I definitely hope it does this, but I don't know for sure if it'll happen because of the things I mentioned. If this does happen, get ready to see a LOT more west coast artists come out following. Just to let y'all know, almost every major record label has at least one west coast artist who's either signed, or on the verge of being signed, and as sad as it may be, the companies are just waitin on Game's numbers to see if it's "worth" investin and promotin a west coast artist. So if he does this, then there is a whole lotta hope for the west coast, and that's just fact. A year from now, we will be able to go back to this post and read this here and say damn....that shit was true.

800,000-1,000,000 - Cot damn.......amazing. All I said in the previous one, plus some. Only difference is he'd become somethin like an Icon of rap and 2005, meaning we're gonna see him so much that people who aren't really fans will get tired of seein him, and people who didn't know about him will be on his dick hard.

1,000,000+ - Um.................damn......I guess that would mean that the west coast is single handedly put back on the map, and we will see everything from Game toys to Game clones. Only bad thing would be that every single bad thing he ever did in his life would come to life, and many many many people would just hate on levels higher than they already do.

So that's just how I see it...not sayin I'm 100% accurate at all. I think first week sales mean a lot more than people may realize, especially when everybody has anticipated that first day for a long time. Some CDs start slow, but those are the ones that don't really get hyped up for that release date like this one.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Things to consider about Game's sales, hype, etc. etc.
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2005, 02:45:47 PM »
great breakdown, me personally i think they were stupid for releasing How we do when they did, they shouldbe done it earlier, have it be his street joint, like 50s wanksta then drop a second single around now right before the albums released. cuz musically, the mainstream hasnt heard no Game. On How We Do, the only other single he was rappin on was Jim Jones certified gangstas

i think it will sell 150,000-400,000

i see it doing real low........its a possibility that shouldnt be dismissed
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

mauzip

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2005, 03:35:42 PM »
I still don't understand why they didn't release Higher commercially. People know would know about his affiliation even without 50 Cent on the first single. In Da Club was a solo track too right?

Higher is a banger whereas I still can't get into How We Do.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2005, 03:38:28 PM »
people don't know about game out here in germany yet... when 50 cent was about to drop the whole world was talking about him

mauzip

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2005, 03:41:19 PM »
people don't know about game out here in germany yet... when 50 cent was about to drop the whole world was talking about him

same here in holland...

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2005, 04:05:02 PM »
dont kill the messenger but:

Interscope label projection: 2.5-3X Plat in 05

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2005, 04:09:03 PM »

im not saying anything about the sales all i said was that his hype is nowhere near 50's becaue 50 had hype all over the world, everybody was talking about him. game no1 knows him outside the country like that, and if they do it"s g-units new dude... ranked under banks and buck lol

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2005, 04:10:29 PM »

im not saying anything about the sales all i said was that his hype is nowhere near 50's becaue 50 had hype all over the world, everybody was talking about him. game no1 knows him outside the country like that, and if they do it"s g-units new dude... ranked under banks and buck lol

yea, but i heard they're gonna be hitting europe hard soon with game. dedicato said something like they havent even officially dropped a single in Europe yet, so thats probably why.

i think theyre plan is divide and conquer. they want to focus on America/Canada first, then hit international later instead of doing it all at once.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2005, 04:40:27 PM »

So a Lukewarm recption sells 500,000 copies in it's first week?! Crazy!

I'd say having the number 9 single in the nation isn't too lukewarm.
http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hot100.jsp

I hope he sells 500,000 in his first week, but I'm gonna go with 200~300 thousand with a very strong second week as well.

My post said that I had heard his video hasn't recieved much more than a lukewarm reception.  Read the post carefully.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 10:19:24 PM by Thul Hijjah 1425 A.D. »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2005, 04:54:16 PM »
-How we do isn't as big as single as In Da Club at all, and even at that, a lot of people are sayin 50 outshined Game on the track (and if I told you all somethin about that song, y'all would probably be pissed off at Game) so people may not buy the album just from that one song like they would have if it was just Game on it

what 50 wrote the whole song?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2005, 05:21:53 PM »

lol, damn man....u guys dont wanna know
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 05:25:38 PM by California »

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2005, 05:41:15 PM »
probably 300k seems reasonable.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2005, 05:43:29 PM »

LOL hell nah, never that.