Author Topic: The Millennium Post - King of the Westcoast  (Read 408 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
The Millennium Post - King of the Westcoast
« on: September 03, 2002, 07:34:20 PM »
This is my 2000th post since January 31th 2001. Nice huh.

It seems we got a board of dickriders. Since Snoop and Xzibit have parted ways, everyone saying Man vs. Machine is gonna be wacked, that Xzibit is letting fame get to his he. Fuck all that, we the fans, they the artist, and if they do a shitty job making music,we don't buy it, if they alright and we like it enough to buy it, we buy it. Now if X was still cool with Snoop, we'd have a grip of post about how X is gonna blow up. How X is gonna take shit over. But now we got hating post. I ain't heard Man v. Machine, but I didn't heard Restless either until the day it came out and I bought it, and I keep it like that.

Now one thing is known, Snoop Dogg is the King of the Westcoast. People talk all that other people are, but Snoop is more popular, sells more, is heard 24/7 on Power 106 in L.A. in terms of music and interviews, and is the number 1 rapper out L.A. People say Ras Kass, Xzibit, D.J. Quik, and many others, but like the NBA, the Kings were the best team, but the Lakers won the championship, just like Snoop is King. With that being said, Snoop vs. Xzibit might give us a new king, as to be the King, you got to beat the King.

Now lets get back to Xzibit, it seemed as if he was suppose to be King. After B Please, X was thrown into the spotlight next to Dre and Snoop. He was hungry, lyrical, and agressive. His underground following was behind him, and th mainstream was waitng for him to arrive. All the parts were ready, Tha Liks were beside him, and backing him up was one of the finest lyricist known to rap in Ras Kass. Ras would play Beanie to X's Jay-Z. Xzibit seemed set. The only problem is Snoop is the King, with the Dogg Pound, owner of his own label, Dr. Dre beats, and lots of fan support, Snoop still owned L.A. It was cool though, as they were just trying to bring back the westcoast together. It didn't matter who's in charge, as long as the west was back. So for awhile, they co-exist.

Enter Suge Knight. Xzibit does not need to be in the Suge Knight situation. Snoop is tired of running from a man that is just a man. So Snoop said fuck it, I'm fighting back, I'm walking in my hood again, I'm not hiding anymore, I'm living my life. Xzibit is like, I was never part of Death Row, I don't need to be involved, I'm staying out. As homies, they should have worked this out. But maybe Xzibit was right, maybe they just do music, 'cause there is no communication, and if their friendship is that weak, then what was their friendship. So now things are looking down for the west. Or maybe not.

One of the things that would bring back the west is a battle for the crown. A battle for the crown would show people that it is important. Like Jay-Z and Nas's classic battle last winter, Snoop and Xzibit would grap people's attention, and show what the west has. Though if X uses Ras Kass, then all is lost for Snoop. If not I see Snoop pulling the upset and keeping his crown. Either way, it's good for the west. Just that all these people hating Xzibit need to back off, 'cause others are right, we got some straight dickriders. I like Snoop, own all his CDs, and bump them all, but come on, music is music, and if these two are at it, as a fan, this is what I want if it can stay on wax. 'Cause if it can stay on wax, then the fans win.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Millennium Post - King of the Westcoast
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2002, 08:11:02 PM »
I kind of see what you're sayin. People shouldn't hate on artists cuz of their personal beefs. And I agree with you.. who gives a fuck who Snoop likes or dislikes.. that's their thing.

But I aint feelin Xzibit as a person.. not cuz of what Snoop has to say about him but just cuz of some of tha actions he made. Who cares if he doesn't want to diss tha Row.. he really has no need to... but why diss Jurmaine Dupree? he really had no need to. That's what kinda got me.

And then we hear from Tash and Defari.. who were some of his best homies saying that Xzibit straight flaked out on them and let shit get to his head.. and I think you can see it in his music.

But see.. that's also their thing.. that's their own personal problems and dont have shit to do with us. I'm gonna buy Man Vs Machine, I've only heard tha single from it... but I have lost a lil respect for him as a person.. still think he gets down as an artits... I hope Man Vs Machine is tight.. I aint judging shit until I hear it... and I'm expecting to hear some dope cuts cuz I know Xzibit gots mad talent.

I dont know about tha whole King Of Tha Coast thing though... I dont know if I agree that Xzibit has ever been close to holding that title... maybe I see it a lil now cuz of all tha people he would have behind him.. Ras Kass and tha Likwit Crew.. but I dont think I ever actually noticed people around here go that crazy over him. People out here in Cali. Everybody gives him his props but he gets nowhere near tha love 2pac and Snoop be getting.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2002, 08:28:27 PM »
thats a good post and what your saying is true about xzibit, but i bought the bootleg and it is trash, keep in mind that this is my thought, there is no way xzibit will ever be king.  jay-z and nas went at while jay-z was king of new york, nas beat jay-z in the battle and as much as jay-z gets on my nerves he's still the king of new york, the one reason, he has his own.  nas don't have his own money, cant pay the radio to play his shit, he cant pay to have his video be #1, he cant pay to have his promotion be top notch.  the reason why snoop is king cause he has his own shit, he pays the radio, he pays the record stores, he pays the video stations.  also you can catch snoop in the hood "sometimes".  he did the radio breakfeast for free.  shit like that gets you in good with the people.  xzibit dont do shit for the people.  i never see xzibit doin shit in the hood, i never him about him in L.A. he's just not talked about.  

you got to pay the cost to be the boss.

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2002, 08:39:14 PM »
your right xzibit does not need to be in the suge situation, but suge brought him in the situation when he went on the radio and called xzibit a fake gangsta and said he not's from L.A he's Mexico, approaching him at a club and chasing him out.  The reason xzibit does not want to diss suge is simple "HE IS SCARED"  i dont blame him for being scared, but don't make up shit like "oh he's not a rapper"  j.d is not a rapper, we all know that he just bullshits with rap.  xzibit has made fun of people who dont rap many  time's in his bars.  if you scared of suge just say "Suge is not someone I want to get involved with"  but dont make up shit.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2002, 10:15:43 PM »
your right xzibit does not need to be in the suge situation, but suge brought him in the situation when he went on the radio and called xzibit a fake gangsta and said he not's from L.A he's Mexico, approaching him at a club and chasing him out.  The reason xzibit does not want to diss suge is simple "HE IS SCARED"  i dont blame him for being scared, but don't make up shit like "oh he's not a rapper"  j.d is not a rapper, we all know that he just bullshits with rap.  xzibit has made fun of people who dont rap many  time's in his bars.  if you scared of suge just say "Suge is not someone I want to get involved with"  but dont make up shit.

www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2002, 03:37:12 AM »
I agree with Criminal when it comes to Tha Liks, and I think that's why Xzibit can't be King of L.A. Xzibit has shown he can be disloyal, but so has Snoop. But Snoop also has shown to be fair, and hs pushing of his artist helps him out a lot. But yeah, Snoop right now, and for a while to come, is King of the Coast, 'cause Xzibit seems like just a Dre lacky, well Snoop is on his own and his own boss.
Oh and Nas is King of New York, I asked people from New York, and they say Nas is the most loved person in rap. In Brooklyn it's still Jay-Z, but that's his hood, just like Snoop well always get love in the L.B., Cube in Compton and 'Pac in the Bay. But for the most part, Nas gets the most love right now.
Back to Xzibit, if he don't want to be put in the Suge Knight situation, he don't have to. For years you guys said nothing as Suge's artist diss Snoop and Dre. It wasn't until resently that Snoop started fighting back. If Xzibit wants to diss JD for Dre, that's his busness.

The whole thing about this post though wasn't 'cause I think Xzibit should be King. He ain't even close to ready. I just noticed a sharp change in the way people think. One minute Xzibit is the most popular person to put on sigs and avitars, the next his about as hated as Suge Knight himself. Most people say this and that, but most just dickride Snoop. Now I love Snoop, I've said that before, but I dickride no man. I see both sides to each story, and the only reason I see hating Xzibit is 'cause his dissing his Liks boys, and his dissing his Golden State Project boys. You come up with people, they put you in the game, you never forget who you are, 'cause when you do, then you are nothing. The Suge beef makes no sense, 'cause even if Suge put him in, his an artist, not a gangsta, and when Snoop starts paying his salary, then he should diss Suge. Dre helps Xzibit 'cause he makes the beats that sell, so if he wants to help Dre, then he should. Just my view.

Jome

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2002, 06:17:46 AM »
I agree with Criminal when it comes to Tha Liks, and I think that's why Xzibit can't be King of L.A. Xzibit has shown he can be disloyal, but so has Snoop. But Snoop also has shown to be fair, and hs pushing of his artist helps him out a lot. But yeah, Snoop right now, and for a while to come, is King of the Coast, 'cause Xzibit seems like just a Dre lacky, well Snoop is on his own and his own boss.
Oh and Nas is King of New York, I asked people from New York, and they say Nas is the most loved person in rap. In Brooklyn it's still Jay-Z, but that's his hood, just like Snoop well always get love in the L.B., Cube in Compton and 'Pac in the Bay. But for the most part, Nas gets the most love right now.
Back to Xzibit, if he don't want to be put in the Suge Knight situation, he don't have to. For years you guys said nothing as Suge's artist diss Snoop and Dre. It wasn't until resently that Snoop started fighting back. If Xzibit wants to diss JD for Dre, that's his busness.

The whole thing about this post though wasn't 'cause I think Xzibit should be King. He ain't even close to ready. I just noticed a sharp change in the way people think. One minute Xzibit is the most popular person to put on sigs and avitars, the next his about as hated as Suge Knight himself. Most people say this and that, but most just dickride Snoop. Now I love Snoop, I've said that before, but I dickride no man. I see both sides to each story, and the only reason I see hating Xzibit is 'cause his dissing his Liks boys, and his dissing his Golden State Project boys. You come up with people, they put you in the game, you never forget who you are, 'cause when you do, then you are nothing. The Suge beef makes no sense, 'cause even if Suge put him in, his an artist, not a gangsta, and when Snoop starts paying his salary, then he should diss Suge. Dre helps Xzibit 'cause he makes the beats that sell, so if he wants to help Dre, then he should. Just my view.

yeah, like I said, Xzibit ain't losing the real fans.
Only the Snoop-bubblegum-fans that liked Xzibit because Snoop shouted him out on "Hennessy N Buddah"

"X 2 the Z is down with us" - it probably got all the Snoop-fans all hyped and added Xzibit to their list of "rappers Snoop is cool with and therefore I am too".

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2002, 11:27:04 AM »
This is my 2000th post since January 31th 2001. Nice huh.

It seems we got a board of dickriders. Since Snoop and Xzibit have parted ways, everyone saying Man vs. Machine is gonna be wacked, that Xzibit is letting fame get to his he. Fuck all that, we the fans, they the artist, and if they do a shitty job making music,we don't buy it, if they alright and we like it enough to buy it, we buy it. Now if X was still cool with Snoop, we'd have a grip of post about how X is gonna blow up. How X is gonna take shit over. But now we got hating post. I ain't heard Man v. Machine, but I didn't heard Restless either until the day it came out and I bought it, and I keep it like that.

Now one thing is known, Snoop Dogg is the King of the Westcoast. People talk all that other people are, but Snoop is more popular, sells more, is heard 24/7 on Power 106 in L.A. in terms of music and interviews, and is the number 1 rapper out L.A. People say Ras Kass, Xzibit, D.J. Quik, and many others, but like the NBA, the Kings were the best team, but the Lakers won the championship, just like Snoop is King. With that being said, Snoop vs. Xzibit might give us a new king, as to be the King, you got to beat the King.

Now lets get back to Xzibit, it seemed as if he was suppose to be King. After B Please, X was thrown into the spotlight next to Dre and Snoop. He was hungry, lyrical, and agressive. His underground following was behind him, and th mainstream was waitng for him to arrive. All the parts were ready, Tha Liks were beside him, and backing him up was one of the finest lyricist known to rap in Ras Kass. Ras would play Beanie to X's Jay-Z. Xzibit seemed set. The only problem is Snoop is the King, with the Dogg Pound, owner of his own label, Dr. Dre beats, and lots of fan support, Snoop still owned L.A. It was cool though, as they were just trying to bring back the westcoast together. It didn't matter who's in charge, as long as the west was back. So for awhile, they co-exist.

Enter Suge Knight. Xzibit does not need to be in the Suge Knight situation. Snoop is tired of running from a man that is just a man. So Snoop said fuck it, I'm fighting back, I'm walking in my hood again, I'm not hiding anymore, I'm living my life. Xzibit is like, I was never part of Death Row, I don't need to be involved, I'm staying out. As homies, they should have worked this out. But maybe Xzibit was right, maybe they just do music, 'cause there is no communication, and if their friendship is that weak, then what was their friendship. So now things are looking down for the west. Or maybe not.

One of the things that would bring back the west is a battle for the crown. A battle for the crown would show people that it is important. Like Jay-Z and Nas's classic battle last winter, Snoop and Xzibit would grap people's attention, and show what the west has. Though if X uses Ras Kass, then all is lost for Snoop. If not I see Snoop pulling the upset and keeping his crown. Either way, it's good for the west. Just that all these people hating Xzibit need to back off, 'cause others are right, we got some straight dickriders. I like Snoop, own all his CDs, and bump them all, but come on, music is music, and if these two are at it, as a fan, this is what I want if it can stay on wax. 'Cause if it can stay on wax, then the fans win.

I totally agree wit alot of this shit

big_mike

• Lil Geezy
  • real g's dont die...we multiply...
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2002, 01:35:55 PM »
Snoop is the "King of the WestCoast" -- Hands Down....
Yeah it's F***-Up that a Dangerous Situation has caused
them to lose touch w/each other.  

Question (To All):
What would you have done in a situation like that?

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2002, 02:02:08 PM »
Lol now if X dosnt sell, people will blame snoop's fans.. Im a Snoop fan myself and I still respect Xzibit... dont need to generalise AGAIN.. the biggest dick ryders are Rass Kass dick ryders actin like he's unbeaatable.. if he's involved in a beef he will tell u an history? lol come on I know he's good but dont exagerate.

Snoop.. King off the West? I dunno, I love to say it's Nate but I know he's not so I guess it's maybe Snoop but a battle Snoop vs Dre would be classic (on wax then it's over they rhyme together again if the ego of the loser aint hurt)

teddy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2002, 02:25:59 PM »

x is not being hated on, you wanna know who is a dickrider, the biggest is mr Xzibit. 1st he's dissin' his crew coz now he cool with dre & snoop, suge called him out & he aint said shit, dre got a nonsense beef with jd, i guess x trynna show loyalty disses jd (funny how jd ignored the x diss- x is irrelevant man), then he sees suge & is in little corner cryin' his ass ( i thought he was the head n#$$@ in charge-sorry ass). snoop kept it real. snoop waited for suge to exit camp snoopy & back on the street & he laid it down, now thats truth. imma be honest, i hate people who are cool for a benefit (x), crip walking coz now you cool with the most famous crip but when a blood approach, your ass is wettin' pants denyin' the same cats you dissin' the liks for (x is really sorry). bottom line fuck x( i aint even buying his shit when it drops, fucken faker), & oh ye snoop dont need a dre beat, hi tek already got that so do fred, meech, quaze & a bunch of east coast producers. i have a bunch of cats from NY, & the only west cat they bump is snoop. chuuch.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2002, 02:39:51 PM »
the xzibit and snoop beef isnt as big as the jayz nas beef

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2002, 04:17:57 AM »
the xzibit and snoop beef isnt as big as the jayz nas beef

Depends on the quality of the battle. I mean Nas and Jay-Z had Ether and Takeover, two very good songs. So we'll see. Snoop can come though, has before, still is, listen to Pimp Slap. Xzibit, it's test time against a vet. Lets see who can win.

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2002, 04:28:49 AM »
I didnt read the whole thread because I think your all faggots but Ras Kass is the King Of The Westcoast.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2002, 06:05:25 AM »
I think people are totally blowing the whole X and snoop thing out of proportion.  Snoop said one line about X in a song, that was hardly a diss, and he had a few comments about him and Dre on the radio.  Read the new source interview with X and it will clear some things up for ya.  This whole thing ain't no big deal, its just a bunch of people on this board are making it a big deal.  The situation with X and the liks, well that is a whole nuther story that I don't really know anything about.  And I made a post a couple of weeks ago where I told you guys that a friend of a friend went to the anger management concert down here and had a backstage pass.  She saw snoop and dre hangin out backstage.  Don't get it twisted yall, the type of shit that is going on on this board fuels the fire of beefs.  I ain't saying that the talk from this board is gonna make X and snoop hate each other, but look what the media did to Biggie and Pac.