Author Topic: compensation  (Read 211 times)

Thirteen

compensation
« on: January 15, 2005, 12:00:55 PM »
I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in
uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country.

If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million. If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just
really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?

However, our own U.S. Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system.

If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very
people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our
sons and daughters who are now fighting.

by Rush Limbaugh

-------------------------------

discuss

mauzip

Re: compensation
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »
Allah created us.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 12:08:35 PM »
Its sad that this happens. Some familes depend on their spouses salary from their military career. If the person were to be KIA then the familes really dont get enough compensation to live on.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 12:25:15 PM »
That's terrible that they would actually tax the direct death benefit. I never knew that. Wow.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 12:28:10 PM »
I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our
sons and daughters who are now fighting.

i agree with that statement. the military, imo, could still use a alot more funding. and altho 9/11 was a tragity and i feel for the victims, do we really need to be giving $4.7 million to family members. this is the govenment playin to the public/ media

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 02:24:48 PM »
the fact that you even read rush limbaugh is embarassing for you. 

i have a much better idea for how to save our military men and women - don't send them on stupid missions in the first place looking for WMD that never even existed.  of course needles doesn't really care about our military men or women, he just carries about worshipping his republican god RL, and falling in line with whatever republican leadership says. 

note: its not coincidental that your leaders are bigotted hypocrites, its representative of your entire party that most republicans quote hypocritical bigots like rush limbaugh.

if you actually cared about the military you wouldn't support a bullshit war, but like you said in another post, you don't really have a reason for supporting the war, you just do.  so stop pretending, and join the real world if you want to have a serious discussion.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 02:29:15 PM by Ant »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2005, 02:32:24 PM »
note to all dubcc members: this is not an actual news story.  its a typical rant from chronic misinformer, and admitted drug addict,  Rush Limbaugh.  Some of what he says may be true, but then again you never can really tell with Rush.  we can all save ourselves sometime, and save the republican party soem credit if we let the drug addict go back to his addiction and stop preaching alternate realities. 

again, i'll remind you... drug addicts are not reliable news sources.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005, 02:38:49 PM »
of course needles doesn't really care about our military men or women, he just carries about worshipping his republican god RL, and falling in line with whatever republican leadership says.

note: its not coincidental that your leaders are bigotted hypocrites, its representative of your entire party that most republicans quote hypocritical bigots like rush limbaugh.

Wow you are stupid. 1st of all he was apart of the military. 2nd of all please do not even start bashing who hes quoting for his thread. Coming from you who quotes what billionaires say about bush.....

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005, 02:59:09 PM »
Coming from you who quotes what billionaires say about bush.....

i'm glad someone sees ant's hyprocacy

Matrix Heart

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 03:47:38 PM »

haha

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 03:54:51 PM »
Coming from you who quotes what billionaires say about bush.....

i'm glad someone sees ant's hyprocacy

no i quote a range of people if you can remember correctly I've quoted:

1. Billionaire business men who have commented on bush's economic policies..... for example George Soros, who is also a well-published economic thinker
2. Nobel Laureates.... Economists, and Scientists.
3. Well regarded conservative thinkers, such as Francis Fukuyama, one of the founders of the neo-con movement, as well as a number of former conservative senators and congressmen.

and occasionally i will quote random other sources...

but it makes no sense to quote a serial misinformer like Rush Limbaugh who argues with made up facts on a consistent basis.... you cant even have a discussion about this crap, cuz you can never be sure if what he is saying is truth or fiction...

and just like Rush Limbaugh makes up BS to make his arguments stronger... so do members of this board who attempted to call me a hypocite by ignoring the majority of my posts...

if you want to claim there is a comparison between quoting Rush Limbaugh and a Nobel Laureate than by all means go ahead and prove your ignorance a little further.... there difference here is.. i quote a variety of intelligent sources who immediately get dismissed, many of my sources are even conservative... if u want to post a reasonable conservative argument go ahead, but dont post RL and Bill O'Rielly and think it deserves a second look.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 08:03:53 PM »
1. Billionaire business men who have commented on bush's economic policies..... for example George Soros, who is also a well-published economic thinker
....yeah....and how does that prove me wrong?

Thirteen

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 08:54:21 PM »

the fact that you even attempted to insult me is going to be embarrassing for you

i thought about leaving the name of just so dumb bitches like you would have nothing to quote, but i decided against that...cause being a dumb bitch that you are, you're going to find something stupid to say anyways

the point is he speak about facts and the only way you try to debate this is by calling him a drug user...well i don't have to quote your whole paragraph to say that you're a misinformed bitch.

i'll tell you this again Ant...don't speak on the military when your pussy ass is spending most of his time clipping articles about who makes mel gibson's dick hard. i've got more wars under my belt than you've had girlfriends in your lifetime....

so do me a favor, stop trying to come off intelligent because we all know you're really not...have your daddy buy his little girl his own message board so you can feel special about the pansy ass bullshit you post and don't ever think you can step to me on any level in a thread

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 10:20:09 PM »

the fact that you even attempted to insult me is going to be embarrassing for you

i thought about leaving the name of just so dumb bitches like you would have nothing to quote, but i decided against that...cause being a dumb bitch that you are, you're going to find something stupid to say anyways

the point is he speak about facts and the only way you try to debate this is by calling him a drug user...well i don't have to quote your whole paragraph to say that you're a misinformed bitch.

i'll tell you this again Ant...don't speak on the military when your pussy ass is spending most of his time clipping articles about who makes mel gibson's dick hard. i've got more wars under my belt than you've had girlfriends in your lifetime....

so do me a favor, stop trying to come off intelligent because we all know you're really not...have your daddy buy his little girl his own message board so you can feel special about the pansy ass bullshit you post and don't ever think you can step to me on any level in a thread

have you ever read or witnessed a discussion between two intelligent people? now compare yourself to them.. you sound like an idiot, and obviously are one.

let's clarify a few things for you so you understand how little sense you make...

1.  Rush Limbaugh is a serial misinformer... he is hypocritical joke as you can see from my last thread... i have no issue with the discussion u'd like to have... but it is embarassing that you obviously read, and value words from hypocrtical bigots like RL and still go on considering yourself a reasonable being... your not reasonable or rational, and it is no coincidence your unsuccessful in most of your life's endeavors... your dumb, thats why your life is shit.

2.  if you want to keep talking about my dad by all means go ahead, but fyi you've spent about 2 weeks now making no sense whatsoever mainly because my dad is dead and you are inventing a made up reality to make yourself feel better.... when i say you are poor, unsuccessful, and undereducated its the truth....everything you say exists in you mind only... i don't have a dad, and no one buys me anything... i have people who work for me, who i am well-respected by.. you can make up things all day to make yourself feel better but the truth is, i'm rich, educated, and successful... your dicking around the military supporting a war in your own words you can't justify because you can't get a real job on your own.   

3. in your own mind, you will always be right, but reality is the only judge of intelligence, and again look where you are, and tell me how is reality treating you?  you couldn't get the job, degree, or level of respect I've acquired because your stupid.   

As I said initially, look at the way reasonable people argue, and then look at yourself or any member of the dubcc board for that matter... you argue like an idiot, because you are an idiot... and unfortunately I have to talk down to you on your level so I can have any chance of making sense to you... its unfortunate all you know is shit talking but that apparently is the best you can do... its really sad the world is exists in such a manner that people like you come to be, but unfortunately thats the way life goes, and luckily for your god built in defense mechanisms that allow you to cast of reality and retain some form of self=respect as you go on living a rather unexiting existance....

you can be confident today, but 5 to 10 yrs from now as your life continually gets worse... i hope you cherish you deluded sense of self-worth......

Thirteen

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2005, 07:15:06 AM »
again your argument is garbage ant, you're attacking the person and not the issue...you wonder why Kerry lost the race...you do the exact same thing..... now let me replace the author of the article with a name like mother theresa.....now is the article any more or less true? no....it's the same fucking article based off of facts....so instead of being the insecure piece of shit you are, trying to make fun of the people, why don't you try discussing the problem if you want people to take you seriously around here.

sorry your dad is dead and i've been joking about him...but if you were my son, i'd look forward for death too...no wonder you're always on the message board here talking shit...you're looking for a father figure...well i'll be your daddy ant. i don't mind being the emotional support for an internet personality such as yourself. how does your mother look anyways?

see i don't need to write a book to piss you off, but you seem intent on writing paragraphs about me that have little truth to them.... the internet can't shield you from the fact that you're a loser, i see your desperate attempts to be intelligent and to win over support but people don't follow garbage such as yourself