Author Topic: Rakim  (Read 454 times)

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Rakim
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2002, 09:21:55 PM »
I have his singles right now, I don't have his full. The point I wanted to put across was the fact that to be the greatest in hip hop you have to get the respect of underground, just as Rakim and few others have. Rakim is the type of the MC you not gonna see on Mtv and BET or VH1 every fucken day, because mainstream is not about realness, it's all about the bling bling, studio gangstas all that crap we listen in radio stations every day, thus your NElly's,Ja rule's, tha whole Cashmoney crew,etc
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

=[Euthanasia]=

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Bad Muthafucka'
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2002, 03:39:38 AM »
I have his singles right now, I don't have his full. The point I wanted to put across was the fact that to be the greatest in hip hop you have to get the respect of underground, just as Rakim and few others have. Rakim is the type of the MC you not gonna see on Mtv and BET or VH1 every fucken day, because mainstream is not about realness, it's all about the bling bling, studio gangstas all that crap we listen in radio stations every day, thus your NElly's,Ja rule's, tha whole Cashmoney crew,etc

I feel your point, I personally consider 2Pac the G.O.A.T., and his mainstream success has nothing to do with that, I personally couldn't care less about sales or mainstream appeal, obviously it's always nice to see your fav. artist selling but thats not even close to being most important thing here.

Oh, and that track, "Dance With The Devil"  :o Woah, thats some of the realest, graphic but distrubing shit i've ever heard.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2002, 05:06:37 AM »
Then why motherfuckers start to have a problem when an illiest MC like Rakim works with the best producer ever? Rakim is not stupid he is not going chage his style. He is still gonna spit those dope rhymes but with different flow, because on dre's beat you cannot flow like you an underground.

I feel your point man.

Knuckles

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2002, 07:39:24 AM »
Rakim is the type of the MC you not gonna see on Mtv and BET or VH1 every fucken day,  because mainstream is not about realness, it's all about the bling bling, studio gangstas all that crap we listen in radio stations every day, thus your NElly's,Ja rule's, tha whole Cashmoney crew,etc

Plus the fact he's only been in 4 videos in the past 10 years.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2002, 02:39:54 PM »
weather hes worked with dre or not...most hip hop heads know hes one of the if not the GOAT...PeAcE