Author Topic: Daz dissapoints me  (Read 735 times)

Doggystylin

Daz dissapoints me
« on: September 02, 2002, 04:39:29 PM »
hes gettin worse as the years go by, i just listened to his latest album and....man daz you cant be serious

1.Dogg Food
2.RR&GB
3.RAW
4.that half ass dpg album
5.This life i lead

not even gonna count those side projects with all those underground dudes, actually one of em was good but i cant remember which one....anyways my point is there is no hope for the dpgc camp left...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

the_truth

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Daz dissapoints me
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 04:57:27 PM »
hes gettin worse as the years go by, i just listened to his latest album and....man daz you cant be serious

1.Dogg Food
2.RR&GB
3.RAW
4.that half ass dpg album
5.This life i lead

not even gonna count those side projects with all those underground dudes, actually one of em was good but i cant remember which one....anyways my point is there is no hope for the dpgc camp left...

I agree with you no one cares about DPG anymore but the die hards of this board.

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2002, 05:19:52 PM »
This Life I Lead is str8 gangsta heat imo.....how can u not feel that album.....just cuz it didnt sell alot doesnt mean shit....he dropped that shit wit no promotion at all!! I know alot of DPG hataz that felt this album!! Half azz DPG album!?? What!? That DPG album was heat!!! I know that DPG aint at Death Row status like they used to, but they still makin' bangin music.....unlike shit that Tha Row is releasin'.....how many records have dropped on Tha Row in tha last uhhhhhh 2-3 years!??......and how many have DPG dropped in that same time!!!.....at least DPG is still makin' music for their fans and not livin' off what they did in tha past!!! All Suge has done since he got out of prison is pumped up Crooked I's album sayin "he tha next big thing in tha west"....."he all tha west needs" and all that bullshit talk.....damn....we've been hearin' bout how tight this Crooked I album is gonna be forever....shit....just drop tha shit....what u regretin' u said all that shit bout it cuz it not as tight as u thought!??

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 05:23:33 PM »
what does death row have to do wit this,  it wasnt mentioned at all

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2002, 05:44:52 PM »
what does death row have to do wit this,  it wasnt mentioned at all

yeah and what does dpg have to do with this? it wuzn't the dpg clique that wuz metioned it wuz DAZ, but hey man it's all cool people always gonna hate whether it be hate on snoop and dpg or whether it be towards deathrow so just let it be man, things are never gonna change.

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2002, 06:00:46 PM »

yeah and what does dpg have to do with this? it wuzn't the dpg clique that wuz metioned it wuz DAZ, but hey man it's all cool people always gonna hate whether it be hate on snoop and dpg or whether it be towards deathrow so just let it be man, things are never gonna change.

umm hello? daz is a part of the dpg...

CWalker187

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2002, 06:34:52 PM »
The guy who started this thread is right...Daz is slowly getting worse with each release. His production sounds real low budget and amateurish.

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2002, 06:40:28 PM »
Look at songs like "Big Pimpin" and "21 Jumpstreet" and compare that to what he's doing now.   :-/

goldeneyeoutlaw

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2002, 06:59:08 PM »
Everyone PLEASE LISTEN to Daz - "This Is The Life I Lead"

It's Daz's most recent album and it is an EXCELLENT release.

The whole album was produced by DAZ and MIKE DEAN and it is extremely dope. In case you don't know MIKE DEAN (Scarface, Outlawz, Yukmouth, Kurupt etc.) is one of the best producers in hip-hop and plays all the instruments himself.

Seriously, listen to the album and then reavaluate your statements. Daz and DPG are putting it down in a major way 4 real.

Watch out 4 the following releases from Daz and DPG recordz
1. Daz - Who Ride Wit Us Vol 2
2. Daz - Doggystyle records solo album (yes, Snoop signed him to release an album on Doggystyle records)
3. Crooked Eye - Say Hi To The Bad Guy DPG version
4. Daz - The Black Phantom (solo album)
5. Tha Row Killa
6. Makavelli and Daz - Don't Go To Sleep
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
Borysenko, Joan

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2002, 07:18:30 PM »
I neva really liked Daz after Dogg Food......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2002, 07:46:56 PM »
Yup after Dogg Food Daz took a dive. His flow isn't as good as before and neither is his production.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2002, 07:47:02 PM »
I been sayin this FOREVER!...

I aint really been feelin his shit since "RAW".. I  thought Retaliation was tight though.

It seemed like everyone liked "Gotti & Dillenger" was good but I thought Dogg Pound 2002 was even better. And that was old ass/used material.

I wouldn't say it's DPG though... just Daz. You still hear Nate Dogg doing hooks for everybody... You probably even hear more from Nate nowadayz then you did back then. Kurupt is still tight.. even though he aint DPG nomore. Maybe DPG aint in tha lime light nomore... but that goes for almost half tha pepole in tha game.... N.W.A (cept' Dre), Bone Thugs, No Limit, Tha Row.... only people who bump their shit are their longs time fans... everybody gots their 15 mins of fame, DPG's is up.. but atleast they're still in tha game.

Yeah, But Daz got wack. His flow and his production. I guess his production was tight back in tha day cuz he had Dre guiding him.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2002, 08:33:42 PM »

umm hello? daz is a part of the dpg...

so what's ur point? does the topic say DPG dissapoints me? No, it says DAZ dissapoints me so yeah i think u get the point.

eNgIeS

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2002, 08:39:13 PM »
Doggy, you must have no ears or sumthin

Daz hasnt fallen off at all, if anything his raps have improved.

Sure, i prefer Dogg Food to any othere Daz/Kurupt release (heck, & any other DPGC related release other than Doggystyle, Chronic dont count Dre aint DPGC)

That album was just so tight plus Pooh did alot of production on that too plus Dre was executive producer on that too

RR&GB I originally didnt like that much (except for In California, EVERYONE LOVES THIS SONG!!!) but after you bump it a few times you really get a feel for it & it all mixes well into each other too

Kuruption was experimental & i didnt think was that bad, We Can Freak It & Ask Yourself The Question are great, most of the rest is average & few lame ducks too.

Tha streetz iz mutha ohh man that album is great one of my favs ever

Same with RAW, but its more street i luv it

& the Daz & JT callobos were aight, but the 2nd one was the better one

DPG was pretty good too

2002 was straight fake & donkey shit coz most of it was old or left overs mixed with new production. Only good shit was Smoke, Gangsta Rap & of course Every Single Day

Soopafly was great

Who Ride Wit Us pretty good mix of DPGC appearances good stuff again

Daz This Life I Lead alot like better than RAW but i disagree RAW was way more street & bumpin shit Life I Lead is hot

So Doggy & anyone else, Daz may be stupid (& thats why he is funny), a bullshitter & whatever else, but he had an ear & talent for music, so fuck yall "switch"

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2002, 08:41:04 PM »
Surprised at how many I'm seein don't dig Daz's new album.  On the MIC, I think he's tight as ever.  I think his new album shows a more comfortable Daz on the MIC.  The beats.. I'll agree, his production has changed alot since Doggfood, but again.. that was during a time when Dre was in the picture.

Since Dre, Daz has worked with Soopafly and Mike Dean (on RRGB, RAW, DPG and TLIL.  Both producers, for the most part are considered underground, gangsta.. type of producer's.  Then you take into consideration the lack of equipment and knowledgable/experienced studio engineers who know how to mix an album like Dogg Food or any of those early DR release's.

So.. with all that said.. for what Daz has to currently work with.. I'm lovin his new shit.. and everything since Dogg Food.  It's hard to compare Dogg Food due to the lack of all that shit that I said above.  

But when you look at the hustle skills and his current access to equipment..   I dig that shit even more cuz its independant.  It shows that he's gonna put out his own shit no matter what.. Wish Kurupt would have made that choice.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt