Author Topic: Daz dissapoints me  (Read 734 times)

sousaebasta

Re: Daz dissapoints me
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2002, 08:48:58 PM »
Word to Axle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2002, 10:54:48 PM »
Surprised at how many I'm seein don't dig Daz's new album.  On the MIC, I think he's tight as ever.  I think his new album shows a more comfortable Daz on the MIC.  The beats.. I'll agree, his production has changed alot since Doggfood, but again.. that was during a time when Dre was in the picture.

Since Dre, Daz has worked with Soopafly and Mike Dean (on RRGB, RAW, DPG and TLIL.  Both producers, for the most part are considered underground, gangsta.. type of producer's.  Then you take into consideration the lack of equipment and knowledgable/experienced studio engineers who know how to mix an album like Dogg Food or any of those early DR release's.

So.. with all that said.. for what Daz has to currently work with.. I'm lovin his new shit.. and everything since Dogg Food.  It's hard to compare Dogg Food due to the lack of all that shit that I said above.  

But when you look at the hustle skills and his current access to equipment..   I dig that shit even more cuz its independant.  It shows that he's gonna put out his own shit no matter what.. Wish Kurupt would have made that choice.

Ax

Word to the man. That basically sums it all up  and thats how I feel. You should give Daz his props, he went indy and  hes being succesfull with it. He had a top5 spot on the billboard indy charts with Dillinger & Young Gotti, and his latest album got a spot in the top100 album charts. Yea his production changed, but axle posted the points, he has different equipments and producers on the team like mike dean, you definitely hav a more futuristic sound than you had on Dogg Food. But I dont know how you can hate On songs like Keep it Gangsta Og & Remix, Load Up, We Do This Passion or Gangsta Preogative...oh well, we all have different opinions...
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

BL7

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2002, 03:10:53 AM »
''This Is The Life I Lead'' is one of my favorite albums to bump. Tha production is very fresh on it. Lyrically it ain't as good as ''R.A.W.'' or ''Dillinger & Young Gotti'', but it's okay. I actually like his new style better than his old style.

Peace

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2002, 05:15:20 AM »
Surprised at how many I'm seein don't dig Daz's new album.  On the MIC, I think he's tight as ever.  I think his new album shows a more comfortable Daz on the MIC.  The beats.. I'll agree, his production has changed alot since Doggfood, but again.. that was during a time when Dre was in the picture.

Since Dre, Daz has worked with Soopafly and Mike Dean (on RRGB, RAW, DPG and TLIL.  Both producers, for the most part are considered underground, gangsta.. type of producer's.  Then you take into consideration the lack of equipment and knowledgable/experienced studio engineers who know how to mix an album like Dogg Food or any of those early DR release's.

So.. with all that said.. for what Daz has to currently work with.. I'm lovin his new shit.. and everything since Dogg Food.  It's hard to compare Dogg Food due to the lack of all that shit that I said above.  

But when you look at the hustle skills and his current access to equipment..   I dig that shit even more cuz its independant.  It shows that he's gonna put out his own shit no matter what.. Wish Kurupt would have made that choice.

Ax

budsmokeronly

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2002, 06:26:16 AM »
I think Daz came tightest with beats and flow on Dogg Food.  RR&GB is a classic album IMO.  Raw is a great album, but not as good as RR&GB.  I haven't listened to This Is the life I lead a whole lot, but I like it.  Could have done with out the Red rum galore song.  I like Daz a lot better when he is laid back, but one thing I love about his music is he always keeps it gangsta and doesn't do wack pop shit.  DPG album is dope as fuck IMO and so is Dogg Pound 2002.  His albums with JT were nothin special in my eyes.  I can't wait for his collabo album with soopafly.

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2002, 07:55:52 AM »
Yup after Dogg Food Daz took a dive. His flow isn't as good as before and neither is his production.

^ i think this statement is just 100% bullshit. No personal offense to whoever wrote it.

If you're going to go with this statement then at least say Daz took a dive after Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back, coz that album could easily give Doggfood a run for its money.

I agree that ONLY after RR&GB daz took a dive. I was shocked at some shit he was dropping. However, i have to some extent gotten used to his new shit.

CITY I RIDE FOR...

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2002, 09:02:56 AM »
WORD TO AX!!!!!!!!!

and word to GRUNDY.  Like he said, I like all this shit he droped.  Daz is hella tight.  I even liked 2002.  And alot of peeps in my hood liked it.  I don't see why yall hate on some good albums.  what do yall expect.  stop livin in tha past.  of course daz and kurupt will never be the same after Dogg Food.  Same for snoop and every body else.  but who cares??  Thay still come wit hot shit.  shit that is better than 95% of the crap other artists put out.  It's only music yall.  And it's GOOD music.

peace

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2002, 11:02:08 AM »
Dillinger and Young Gotti was banging
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

dexter

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2002, 02:43:49 PM »
Daz is tight. STILL

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2002, 03:29:02 PM »
Dillinger and Young Gotti was banging

Totally agree.

If anything about daz upsets me, it is his crackhead statements he puts out one minute, then completely changes his mind 30 minutes later. Is he in the army yet? I forget :)

Smooth

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2002, 04:44:56 PM »
Daz is tight. STILL

Word I still feel Daz... I can't deny he has fallen since Dogg Food, but his shit is still tight, IMO...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

eNgIeS

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2002, 06:15:43 PM »
Doggy, it looks like ure just about the only one who aint funky fresh in the flesh

Doggystylin

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2002, 06:49:36 PM »
Doggy, it looks like ure just about the only one who aint funky fresh in the flesh

i guess so, thats just my opinion though and dont think its gonna change since this whole board doesnt agree, cause i mean comon if anyones gonna back up dpg its wcc, cause if wcc doesnt who will?i know no one else cares

eNgIeS

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2002, 10:04:54 PM »

i guess so, thats just my opinion though and dont think its gonna change since this whole board doesnt agree, cause i mean comon if anyones gonna back up dpg its wcc, cause if wcc doesnt who will?i know no one else cares

Yeah the same people who dont care like Ja Rule

I aint biased at all, i know what real westcoast rap & hip hops about.

You probably think The Last Meal was better than any of the Daz solo releases

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2002, 02:24:01 PM »
Every rapper has fallen off since they were hungry and first came out into the rap scene...2Pac even woulda fallen off by now if he was still alive (No disrespect, RIP)...That doesnt mean the music isnt tight anymore tho...