Author Topic: CIA Calls Iraq a Training Ground For Terror; White House Says Strategy is Workin  (Read 126 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Iraq has replaced Afghanistan as the training ground for the next generation of "professionalized" terrorists, according to a report released yesterday by the National Intelligence Council, the CIA director's think tank.

Iraq provides terrorists with "a training ground, a recruitment ground, the opportunity for enhancing technical skills," said David B. Low, the national intelligence officer for transnational threats. "There is even, under the best scenario, over time, the likelihood that some of the jihadists who are not killed there will, in a sense, go home, wherever home is, and will therefore disperse to various other countries."

"At the moment," NIC Chairman Robert L. Hutchings said, Iraq "is a magnet for international terrorist activity."

Of course in republiworld this is a good thing... at least according to the white house press secretary:

Q There's a report out that Iraq could become an important breeding ground for terrorism. Is the President concerned about that?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, I think the report talks a lot more -- about a lot more than that. We welcome the report. I think the report confirms that our strategy of staying on the offensive and spreading freedom to win the war on terrorism is the right approach. We are in a struggle of epic proportions and the stakes are high, and the President believes it's important to continue to advance freedom in a dangerous region of the world because it will make the world a more peaceful place, and make America more secure. And so I think that's the -- this report is a speculative report about things that could happen in the world, but we welcome the report and --

Q: Does the President disagree with the report's conclusion that the war and the uncertainty on the ground has created a breeding ground for terrorism?

McCLELLAN: I think we just answered this question. We just went through it, so I would go back to what I just said, and those are, I think, the points to make.

Q: I mean, the reason that we keep asking the question again is that it's just confusing to me how you can say it confirms your strategy is the right approach when there is terrorism in Iraq now, a terrorist breeding ground in Iraq now and growing there, and wasn't there before. So how does that confirm your approach?

McCLELLAN: That's assuming that terrorists would just be sitting around doing nothing if we weren't staying on the offensive in the war on terrorism. I mean, by going on the offensive we've been able to liberate two countries, the people of two countries -- in Afghanistan and Iraq. And now we must continue to do everything we can to support efforts to build democratic futures for the people of the region. And that's exactly what we'll continue to do.

____

So now we have no WMD, altho we've known that for sometime now and no one seems to care, and we created a breeding ground for terrorism... and what were we trying to accomplish again? oh yeah we wanted to disarm iraq and stop the spread of terrorism.... well one out of two isnt bad.

John Maynard Keynes, the famous economist, once said, "when the facts change my opinions change, what do yours do sir?"  Do those of you supporting this war even remember the facts.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 04:52:00 PM by Ant »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LMAO.. how many times did they change the reason now? LOL... this is so pathetic, only people who hunger for a bait will bite a phony ass bait like that one.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
its really sad to see the blind hatred and arrogance of so many people here at dubcc... but yeah, u'd think by now people would wake up, but too many people here treat politics in the same manner they treat sports teams... its like once u pick republican, its not about whose the best team, its about cheering your side on.

something like this pops up and they are like, damn dems might have scored a point, but we're still winning this fuckin game, and we'll just come up with some irrational argument about why this doesn't matter. 

Doggystylin

WHAT? LMAO fuckin comedy, how the hell is it a training ground for terror when the US has raped every corner of the country,lol

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
WHAT? LMAO fuckin comedy, how the hell is it a training ground for terror when the US has raped every corner of the country,lol

you might want to double check your facts on that one. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
i think mexico is to blame

Sikotic™

Of course it will be a training ground. We have pissed off the Iraqis by killing their family and children. Once we finally get out of the country and give them their "freedom", they will definitely come after the US.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE