Author Topic: How expensive is college in the USA?  (Read 1628 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
How expensive is college in the USA?
« on: January 16, 2005, 11:19:20 AM »
Drop the facts. The guys who go to college can also tell me what they pay for college and how come they pay that particular amount..
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 11:21:56 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: How expensive is college in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 11:20:30 AM »
i pay 4gs a semester, 2 semesters... thats in all, but i also get loans, so out of pocket my parents only pay a lil, i go to a pretty good school too

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 12:04:07 PM »
i dont live in the us..but it depends if you go to a public university or a private one (like duke)

anywhere from 4K to more than 30K for tution(sp?)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 12:26:05 PM »
Yeah college usually ranges anywhere from 3k to 30k

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 02:12:13 PM »
4 G's for me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Acgrundy

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 04:51:49 PM »
I paid $750 a quarter, but my last year they raised it to $900 a quarter and its raised even more now.  it was one of the best and cheapest CSU's.

college is pretty overrated as far as getting a great education.  I learned some good stuff, but I definately have learned a lot more outside the classroom.  but america is full of fuckin morons, so I think the more people who go, the better.  definately everyone on here should get a college education, but some of you guys are so fuckin dumb I don't think it would help you any.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 09:53:13 PM »
yeah like everyone said, anywhere from 3k to 40k when you add in room and board...

a lot of colleges offer good financial aid packages though.... depends on the size of their endowment... my school is one of the most expensive in the country around 37k a year, but a lot of kids go there for almost free.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 05:17:15 AM »
3k to 40k

Thirteen

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 06:39:19 AM »
yeah like everyone said, anywhere from 3k to 40k when you add in room and board...

a lot of colleges offer good financial aid packages though.... depends on the size of their endowment... my school is one of the most expensive in the country around 37k a year, but a lot of kids go there for almost free.

what he said

plus theres thousands of scholarships with money just sitting around...you can ask a college for a list of them and then try out for a bunch. i know one guy that just had to send in a two page paper on something and he recieved $3,500 to pay for books and supplies

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 06:43:16 AM »
Damn, as I predicted, good colleges are expensive as fuck  >:(.. how the hell can a young lad pay that shit.. I mean my parents are poor as fuck  :D.. lol

I guess I have to inform myself how the conditions for student loans or grants are.

Btw.. apart from the stereotypes of fraternities, is there something good? I mean, is it perhaps like they pay my college shit and when Im 30 and have a job I have to pay it back, or something like that?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 10:21:41 AM »
student loans at least in canada allow you to borrow up to 8 grand per year and then only pay the interest on the loan until your done school.
so like on 8gs the interest per month would be like 30 bucks

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2005, 10:26:29 AM »
student loans at least in canada allow you to borrow up to 8 grand per year and then only pay the interest on the loan until your done school.
so like on 8gs the interest per month would be like 30 bucks

Isn't that just in a few provinces, like Ontario? I've always thought that was a good idea.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Acgrundy

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2005, 10:43:21 AM »
Quote from: 7even the Harbinger link=topic=65283.msg717038#msg717038 date=1105972996

Btw.. apart from the stereotypes of [b
fraternities[/b], is there something good? I mean, is it perhaps like they pay my college shit and when Im 30 and have a job I have to pay it back, or something like that?

hahaha good joke.  if u join a frat expect to be spending about 3x as much money.

Woodrow

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2005, 12:04:36 PM »
Btw.. apart from the stereotypes of fraternities, is there something good? I mean, is it perhaps like they pay my college shit and when Im 30 and have a job I have to pay it back, or something like that?
You should look into sororities.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005, 12:40:37 PM »
i was in amsterdam last week and when i was there i was chatting to some american girls and they said they pay like $800 just to be in their sororiety or whatever the fuck its called. crazy! and when i asked if it was worth it she said yeah because only the cool people are in it. i'm glad we only have up to £1100 a yea wherever we go to university in the uk. They trying to introduce top up fees now (although that won't effect me!) where i think it could be anything from £3000 - £15000 extra but capped at 3k for a few years. its a shame that education costs so much these days when my parents went to uni they didn't have to pay anything and up until a few years ago we ust to get money to goto university with, we've gone full circle in under a decade.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?